help! Newbie here! Xx

MrsJH

Really sorry if I have posted in the wrong place. I don't really know how to use this app!

I'm 25 and I'm desperate to change my life. I got married last year have a lovely husband and home but since I started to gain a lot of weight I've lost all my confidence. I don't go out and very rarely will be seen in a photo. I hate myself. I can't fit into any of my clothes or look good in anything. I would love to get back down to a size 10 and feel confident again. I've just suffered 2 miscarriages :( my husband and I are desperate to start a family but have decided I need to get back to normal and live a little first before we try again. I hate my job and I have NO social life all because I've lost my confidence. Enough is enough I'm sick of staying in being miserable when all my friends are out having a great time. My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me. He is amazing in every way and supports me in everything I do but he is the kind to sit and eat and drink what he likes and not even put on a pound!! I started slimming world last year but fell pregnant and decided to leave then sadly miscarried :( straight after I got pregnant again and miscarried last week :( I need something to focus on and I'm more determined than ever now. I have a wedding to go to in 2weeks can not find anything to wear. I've started on extra easy and loving it so far. I weighed myself this morning on my wii and I am 10stone 10 with a BMI of 27.55 Would LOVE to lose a stone or more. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks. Jen xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yey my 1st reply!! Thank you :) I have started a diary but nobody replied!! Xx

new too!!

Hi Mrs JH,

I'm new too and really unsure how to use the site.

You sound like you have had a really tough time and I admire you for wanting to focus on yourself for a while and get yourself back to feeling good.

I have got 3 to 3 1/2 stone to lose and feel really daunted but just know I can't go on another holiday lookin how I do. Have decided to try slimming world but just not sure whether to go to a weekly meeting or not because of work commitments really.

I also have a lovely hubby and am lucky enough to have 2 kids, 18 and 16.

really wish you luck Mrs JH and hope things go well for you.

Steph xx

Hi Steph! MrsJH is one of my best friends! It's Defo time she focused on herself :)

SW is fab and the meetings are good if u stay for them! I would advise a 6 week countdown/ commitment for 6 wks and decide from there :) I love SW but am going to try WW pro points to see what it's like :) good luck

Carly x

Thanks Carly x

am managing to follow SW from old books and this site until tomorrow - then off for first weigh in- eeeekkkkkk!!!:eek:

Good luck with WW!
Steph x

Thanks steph and carly really means a lot :)

we can all motivate each other I know I def need the help!!

Xx

Good luck for first meeting Steph! Hope ur ok Jen x

Hi jen

couldn't make meeting so registered online - silver membership for 3 months!! If this doesn't help then am going to try the meetings.

Really had a lovely EE dinner but am craving walkers C & O crisps - not even hungry I think its becus I know I can't.

Anyway back to work tomorrow and made syn free quiche for breakfast and quorn faijita strip salad for lunch and am taking tons of fruit!!!!

thanks for your support

Stephx
:)

Hi MrsJH!

This site is great for checking out all the different diets out there and seeing which one is best for you and your lifestyle. If food replacement diets are too difficult for you then why not try slimming world or weight watchers? There have been loads of successes there! It might also help to rally your husband on your side in terms of not eating junk food in front of you, just to make things a little easier for you. xx

sam1967 said:
Hi jen

couldn't make meeting so registered online - silver membership for 3 months!! If this doesn't help then am going to try the meetings.

Really had a lovely EE dinner but am craving walkers C & O crisps - not even hungry I think its becus I know I can't.

Anyway back to work tomorrow and made syn free quiche for breakfast and quorn faijita strip salad for lunch and am taking tons of fruit!!!!

thanks for your support

Stephx
:)

We can all support each other that's what we are here for. So far I'm loving slimming world and EE just not liking the expense of the food to keep it up.

How much are u wanting to lose again can't remember if u said? Xx

Hi
want to lose about 3 and a half stone - crikey that sounds sooooo scarey when I write it down !!

steph x

Rebirth_Lozza said:
Hi MrsJH!

This site is great for checking out all the different diets out there and seeing which one is best for you and your lifestyle. If food replacement diets are too difficult for you then why not try slimming world or weight watchers? There have been loads of successes there! It might also help to rally your husband on your side in terms of not eating junk food in front of you, just to make things a little easier for you. xx

Thanks for your reply!
I've so far lost 4pounds on EE slimming world and loving it so far :)
Xx

**** Fantastic well done!! - keep it up *******

I would like to lose about 1-2 stone by the summer :)

We can motivate each other. How r u finding it so far so u think buying all the food is expensive?

I've spend a fortune already.
Xx

Hi
not finding it too bad so far. I went to local farm shop and bought lots of meat in bulk (e.g. chicken breasts) to help plan ahead. Getting thru loads of eggs and fruit tho'

Hope you still doing well and are looking fwd to the bank hol!!

steph x:)

sam1967 said:
Hi
not finding it too bad so far. I went to local farm shop and bought lots of meat in bulk (e.g. chicken breasts) to help plan ahead. Getting thru loads of eggs and fruit tho'

Hope you still doing well and are looking fwd to the bank hol!!

steph x:)

I haven't had much meat really and finding it hard to use my syns up. I actually had a galaxy ripple to bump my syns up n I feel awful now! Looking forward to bank hol as I'm off work. It's been my 1st week back this week and it's really hit me hard been in tears every day don't think I was ready to go back.

Have u done a food diary? Xx

Not done a food diary - am filling one online at SW tho'. I think if its within your syns you can have what you want - also you could save them up for a big day/ night out?? So don't feel guilty about your chocolate bar xx

Have you spoken to someone at work about how you are feeling??

Have you got your wedding outfit yet??? seen lots of lovely dresses aroun :)

steph xd

sam1967 said:
Not done a food diary - am filling one online at SW tho'. I think if its within your syns you can have what you want - also you could save them up for a big day/ night out?? So don't feel guilty about your chocolate bar xx

Have you spoken to someone at work about how you are feeling??

Have you got your wedding outfit yet??? seen lots of lovely dresses aroun :)

steph xd

The people I work with haven't even asked if I'm ok or anything.

We have decided not to ho to the wedding on Saturday which I'm really pleased about as I would have just felt really uncomfortable.

When do u weigh yourself?
Xx

Joined online on sunday!!!! so thats my weigh day! Don't worry about people at work - sometimes just so wrapped up in own lives they forget others are really struggling.

Sorry about the wedding but don't blame you - have felt like that myself and sometimes you just need to focus on you.

Take care

Steph x

Back