Total Solution Help!! Nights out

Lucifer40

Hi
I have just started on the exante diet and feel great, but i have just been invited out on a girly night which will mean having a few drinks. I dont want to cut myself off from living but i dont want to blow my diet completely. How does everyone else cope with these situations???
Thanks
Lxx

Coke zero! That's the answer. Better than water, safe on this diet, and doesn't look too pathetic in front of your friends! Offer to be the designated driver too and you shouldn't have to buy any drinks! (If that's the way you guys work it too). Just don't have lemon or lime wedges, citrus may kick you out of ketosis. Good luck :)

I drive, and stick to mineral water. Nobody seems to mind. Mind you, I did turn down an invitation to a wine tasting, because I really would have felt awkward being teetotal in the face of 12 different wines and practically nothing else, when the entire purpose of the event was to drink the wine! :D

Yeah and if anyone asks why your not drinking say your on antibiotics for some reason and cant drink on them if they dont know your doing the diet. If they do know your doing the diet then they should be supportive. I cant remember where i read it but did someone not say that if you have to drink you need to come out of ketosis as its dangerous to drink whilst in ketosis and that hard liquor is better as its low carb?x

I go for the medication or 'Im driving' excuses. Noone ever argues with that :)

I made the stupid mistake of drinking wine in the early stages of this diet, and trust me when I say it wasn't pretty at all. In fact very dangerous and silly. Last week however, I tried vodka, soda and squeezed fresh lime in which was lovely, and was absolutely fine. I eat quite a bit of protein now mind so that might be why! Anyway just wanted to warn you as it can be very dangerous! X

Back