Help please I just want to eat today

rosieposie

If anyone's around and you can help with ideas of how I get through today without eating off plan please help
I'm now sitting thinking well I could just eat protein and real low carb and not come out of ketosis but I do of course know that if I start it will probably escalate. Then I think that if I don't do sensible low carb eating I'll feel so deprived I'll go right off track. There's my child's voice how do I get the adult back and listen to her?

Hey Rosieposie,

Just wanted to remind you how far you have come already. Lapsing is a slippery slope, and what starts as a little bit of protein etc quickly develops into major off plan eating.

I find it helps to think how much more quickly the weight will be gone if I stay on track, and how crappy it felt going into ketosis the first time.

Be strong, be proud of yourself and fight those urges. It is great practice for confronting food urges when maintaining.

You are doing great, and you are in control - don't forget that.

Is there something non food related you can use to satisfy the child? Something indulgent? I promise I won't tell you to have a bath though lol! I would treat myself to a book/magazine or beauty product to have a sense of reward.

Good luck, and keep posting here for support

X

Thanks Leesy for taking time to reply and helpful advice
I've just written down the reasons why I'm doing LL and another list of why going off plan is such a bad idea
I'm staying upstairs until my DH has cooked his fry up (he's skinny and yesterday I cooked it for him with no problem) and I'm going to shower and apply lovely moisturiser to help my skin handle ALL this weight I'm GOING to lose.
Thanks for words of wisdom, you're right I am doing well and I am in control
Why should I listen to this silly sabotaging voice?

Great idea to write down your reasons, we all know them but it definitely helps to verbalise them now and again, that's one I'll punch for when things get tough!

I also have a nerdy tracking spreadsheet which logs weight loss to date, distance to specific goals I have etc. I also have a running target alongside it modelling how long it would take to goal if I lost 3 and 4 lbs a week, I love looking at that to inspire me as I am already ahead of both.

The other tip is water, water, water as it helps both the urge and the weight loss, so win win!

Good luck, and just think of how unhealthy that fry up is... Our bodies deserve better!

Enjoy your pampering and keep up the hard work!

X

Hi Leesy and thanks
Still hanging in there but still hard, but lot of Sunday gone. Just need to keep up determination to succeed.

Im going to make it through today. Only an hour to go to pack for dinner and then one left for later tonight and I'm sure I can get through. Not been easy but lots of things in life that are worth doing aren't.
So I'm really pleased and hope I'm learning those valuable lessons. :)

Well done for getting through today, it will make you stronger next time temptation comes!

X

Thank you for your replies I'm sure you really helped me get through
One Sunday I succeeded on now I'm up for making more of them and less of me of course

Don't be afraid to have two packs together if you are really struggling. Sometimes I do that if i am pushed for time and it really over-fills me. i end up feeling really stuffed and know that i couldn't eat another things for hours.

I have occasionally had 2 packs together because of time but although I feel a bit full I could still eat more if the emotional thing is going on.
This is a big part of my problem with overeating (I can stuff and stuff and stuff) and something I have to work on.
Perhaps with the longer time I need to stay on Total this time I might actually find my stomach does shrink so it can't handle too much food, but I'm not sure as I drink lots of water at one go, just to make sure I have it all, so this will stop stomach shrinking completely.
Still this whole journey is a work in progress so hopefully I can learn not to use food emotionally.

Back