help please ladies buffet dilemma

oasis6918

Gold Member
On Saturday were having my lo's 2nd party (12 days early as baby due next Friday) we were going to have a BBQ but all week the weather has changed from light rain to heavy rain :( so were going to have to do a buffet but I don't want all boring cook from frozen buffet foods. So I'm after ideas that I can make, or at least adapt that will go down well. There will be about 14 adults and only 2 kids - unfortunately I don't know anyone with kids really.
Ideally food that can be kept til next day etc if not all eaten.
Thanks x

Last edited:
What about doing a big chilli and curry and a lasagna do some jackets too leave them out with garlic bread cook some pizzas put all salads out do it all separate u know things like couscous pots olives and feta cheese salads fancy bread for adults and a spaghetti for the kids to help them selves ??? I always do this for parties adults go mad for it and all kids like soG bowl and pizza x

That's a good idea, I'm not sure it will go down well with my guests from past get togethers the foods they can pick at go down better but I might do a curry, but have it with something else rather than rice....... but I will defo look into it thanks, I hadn't thought about that sort of stuff so it does help x

Yeah I'm going to get some naan bread, good crusty bread and tiger bread. I bought a pork joint from Iceland the other day and it was lush, I think I might get one and a gammon one to go with the breads, I've also got a load of matteson's sausage as it was for BBQ, so I think I might chop some up with some baby new potato's and red onion and roast them x

I think I'll make a thick chunky curry, then people can have it with bread etc and it won't be too runny x

When we have Halloween/ bonfire party its mainly adults and we always do curry and chilli, jackets, garlic bread and pizzas and then sweet stuff,
Think jesses birthday will be a BBQ this year x

mrs-s said:
When we have Halloween/ bonfire party its mainly adults and we always do curry and chilli, jackets, garlic bread and pizzas and then sweet stuff,

I really want a BBQ but looks like it's going to chuck down but I'll not get the buffet stuff till Saturday mornin incase it's going to be nice. Hubby will be in charge of decorations and I've told my sister she has to blow up all the balloons. it's a joint party with a surprise 60th for my aunty as next month when it's here birthday it's going to be harder to do something for her x

We do the same, together with a savoury pumpkin pie - always goes down well, cuts into individual portions and keeps beautifully too. Can also be a sweet pie, if you would rather have it for dessert :D

P x

Back