help please with CD!

Cleopatra76

Dear All,

I have been on CD for 3 weeks and I cannot just stick to SS so I do have some protein and boiled veggies for one meal and have the 3 regular shakes. Will this disrupt my weightloss?:cry: Can any CDCs please help me here. I get severe headaches when I limit myself to only the 3 shakes. All and any help will be appreciated. I have lost 7 kilos already.
Thank you!:)

How much water are you drinking , could be why the headache ?

3cd shakes plus 200kcal meal plus 200ml of skimmed milk
that is the sole source plus
plus 4 pints of water

Hi

Thank you for writing in. I do have lots of water at least 2 big bottles during the day and a few glasses in the evening. You said I can have the 3 sachets, 200calories meal AND milk? Can I have milk also?? My CDC has asked me to not touch milk and she just does not allow me to eat food!! I can't go this way...:cry:

Dont beat me but maybe CD isnt the right diet for you............but talk to some of the others on here and see what theyhavw to say, whatever diet you do your guna struggle in the first few months.

Your CDC does she know the new rules of cambridge ?
there is sole source thats where the doctor will be informed thats 3-4 shakes
or there is sole source plus which i posted , yes milk 200ml skimmed milk , 200 kcal meal , or drop the meal and have 4 CD plus 200ml skimmed milk . she is telling you wrong

When you saw your CDC what step did you start on ? i mean sole source or sole source plus , but either way if you find you was on plan sole source and finding it hard she should of talked to you saying about moving up the plans

oh! wow! I guess she is then! She told me to have ONLY 3 sachets and that's it. No doctor's permission and nothing. She was adamant I don't touch any food which is difficult having to cook for the family and I work too. I do have a little bit of food now for eg. today I had few strands of roasted chicken along with half a sachet of the soup. I will have the rest in a while. I will have the other two sachets for lunch and dinner. If I am allowed milk that is superb really!! I can have my coffee:)

There are new rules to The cambridge diet now , it looks like she is stuck in her old ways . but look for another CDC that will help you more if you can , what area are you in ?
if you do Sole source plus thats 615 calories still very low calorie diet by that plan 3 CD plus 200kcal meal or 4 CD plus 200ml of skimmed milk thats 1 week minimum 12 wekks max

Sorry to be the fly in the ointment :eek: but Sole Source plus is, according to the booklet, either 3 CD sachets plus a 200cal meal or 4 CD sachets plus 200ml skimmed milk (not a meal and milk iykwim?)

Did your CDC give you the booklet? It outlines all the plans and it may be that SS+ (with the meal) or the 810 plan might be better suited to you?

Good luck :)

I guess you don't have the new books either then ? See if you can find another if she is telling you , you have to stick to 3 shakes a day , but you must drink 4 pints ok space them out and i'd say no later than 8ish last one . How are you finding the diet ?

Have you tried some choc tetra in your coffee or a little bit of the vanilla powder? Might make it more palatable for you :)

Karen I already said that lol

3cd shakes plus 200kcal meal plus 200ml of skimmed milk
that is the sole source plus
plus 4 pints of water

Sorry was just clarifying the above post because it reads like you can have the meal AND the milk :)

Lets not confuse her here hehe . But it is confusing when you first get going , but this CDC is talking madness , it looks like she was either not informed of the new changes or does not like change .

well my book says you can have the 200cal meal OR the skimmed milk. not both. and it's the new one. i would recommend ss plus for you by the sounds of things hon if you want to nibble. at the end of the day you are paying for the diet and you need to to the plan that is right for you. talk to your cdc about it. they can't refuse to let you do what you want to. you are paying them after all...

abz xx

Thank you my dears for writing and helping me!! I really appreciate it love. Well, it looks like my CDC is stuck in her own old ways. I did not get any booklet or any such information. Your suggestion of either having the 3 sachets and a 200kcal meal OR 3 sachets and 200ml milk sounds wonderful. But I was never given any option like this. I can manage very well if I can have my shakes and a 200kcal meal. I feel just fine when I do that. I lost 7 kilos in 3 weeks. How can I get hold of the booklet? Can you please help me? Love you gals:)

Dear darlings thank you so much for writing in! you have no idea how much this helping me. I felt like an utter loser before this. My CDC is stuck in her old ways. She never told me of any booklet and I don't have one. It sounds so much more wonderful if I can have the 3 sachets and a 200kcal meal OR 3 sachets and 200ml milk - Life is good:) I live in Dubai and I think she is the only CDC around... I have lost 7 kgs in 3 weeks... Can you help me get a booklet? Thank you so much for helping me!

Your CDC should be able to give you a copy of both the CD booklets - think you'll find it useful. Remember this is your diet not your CDCs and SS is not the only option. If you would feel happier on SS + or indeed any of the higher plans then thats what you should do. Your CDC cant tell you that you MUST SS. And tbh i think she's being a bit neglectful by not informing you of the other plans esp if she knows you're struggling with SS.
Give her a ring and ask for the booklets and let us know how you get on. In the meantime if you want the exact quantities and allowed foods for SS+ i can pm them to you if you like? Just let me know x

It will be best to ask her for the new booklet , but does she have the new book ? if not shop about for a new CDC and you will get the right info . Also might be able to downlaod one ?

Back