Green Days Help please?

RickCov

Hi all,

Would someone be able to proof read this for me please as I am feeling really guilty! Not sure if I've made a mistake or that I'm underestimating SW..

This morning at 5am I had a ryvita and a punnet of grapes (half HEB) then at 9am I had 28g of bran flakes (other half) plus 125ml milk (half HEA)?

For lunch I had an apple, a banana and vanilla muller light.

I've just had dinner, I had 3 miniature baked potatoes (no butter) but with 28g cheddar cheese. I had broccoli and carrots on the side (1/3 Superfree).. So, so far I've had no syns? If I'm on plan I intend to have a cadbury light mousse and 2 cadbury 99 mini flakes, so 8 syns all together. Please tell me this is right??

Hello,
It doesn't sound as though you are eating much! If you are doing green you should be having 1 or 2 HexA and 2 Hexb so if you've had 1 b (bran flakes & ryvita), 1 a or b (28g cheddar - was it full fat?) and half an a with the milk you need at least another half an a (unless you syn it). Also with green, though it's desirable to do so you don't have to have a third super free. Doesn't look as though you've had any syns so get eating!
HTH
x

Thanks BeeGee.
To be honest I'm struggling to fit in all my Healthy extras atm. I've added alpen light choc fudge bars to the shopping list so that will help towards my HEB (do these count as one or do the choc/fudge affect it? The cheese was full fat and the milk was SS so I had 125ml in the bran flakes and I also had two cups of tea during the day which I forgot to mention, so I wasn't far off the 250ml. As far as syns are concerned, I'm planning on the mousse and flakes if all has been well. So basically I needed another HEB??

You don't have to have another HEB because you can count the 28g of cheese. Your HEA can be your milk. So you're done on HEX's (sigh of relief for you!) All alpen lights are 2 for 1 HEXB - even the fab choc/fudge ones (my personal faves) and are a good choice for snacks through the day. Sounds as though you're doing great!

Some good advice here, I too don't think you're eating enough (unless you are genuinely feeling satisfied, in which case, that's perfect lol), and think you maybe need to get out of the 'diet' mentality :)
Just one wee thing, whilst you have to eat the full amount of HEs to get the full calcium/fibre benefit, if you DON'T eat the full amount, you do NOT have to syn what you have had. A bit of a SW forum myth :)
Sounds like you're doing great, I hope you get the losses you deserve x

mojomcl said:
Some good advice here, I too don't think you're eating enough (unless you are genuinely feeling satisfied, in which case, that's perfect lol), and think you maybe need to get out of the 'diet' mentality :)
Just one wee thing, whilst you have to eat the full amount of HEs to get the full calcium/fibre benefit, if you DON'T eat the full amount, you do NOT have to syn what you have had. A bit of a SW forum myth :)
Sounds like you're doing great, I hope you get the losses you deserve x

Thanks mojomcl, that's very kind. I actually do have a small appetite, although I agree there is room for a few tweaks. I'm sure as I progress il experiment a lot more.

I did hear that myth, I don't know invented it but it's a relief not to be true! :)

I know what you mean about the diet mentality. I did SW last year and lost 4 stone, now i know thats a good loss but I wasn't following the plan as SW intended, e.g I wasn't using syns/ HEA & B etc so it was very difficult. I think that's the reason I gave up tbh. But this year I'm back on track and following it as I should so its 100% more enjoyable! This time it's serious

Back