help please

mary24

Hi I am really struggling at the moment. I have being doing sw for 18wks now and was doing really well until I got near 12st and started to sabotage myself. It has happen on every diet I have been on. I can never get in to the 11stones. Does anybody else do anything like this or has anyone managed to get past it. I would appreciate an help or encouragement ad I am feeling very deflated and angry at myself.

First of all stop beating yourself up about it... you are only human, I am sure most of us are guilty of this in one way or another. Never say never - you are going to do it this time :D

I do the same (not get to 12 stone, as that appears to be in my dreams only) but I always get to about 16 stone 4 and then ruin it.

This time I am trying to make my blips blips. ie they happen draw a line under it and move on. So far it is working.

I also find the support on these boards amazing. Join in on one of the groups if you are not already part of one and then you get to know the people on that thread and they are there to support you and you them :D

I am often about if you ever want some moral support. Just remember 'you can do this!' you are doing really really well

jackie
x

What is stopping you from getting into the 11 stones?
At which point in the day do you sabotage and what makes you do it? Have you asked your consultant for a SAS log (to pinpoint sabotage triggers)?

Sounds like you have a bit of a mental block with it though, you CAN do it and you WILL do it if you really want to.

Think about how well you've done so far and how much better you feel and try to get back on track.

Most of us have been there, maybe not the same as you, but we've had times where we just sabotage our losses. You just have to stick with it, the rewards are worth all the effort.

Try changing what you eat, cook new things, try different healthy extras and mix things up a bit.

Go for it, and get past the mental block!

Thank you so much for replying. I think I just needed to hear that I can do it. It's mainly in the evening that I go off track. I no its a mental thing and reading this has already made me feel more determined. 6lbs to get into the 11stones. Thank you again :)

Thank you so much for replying. I think I just needed to hear that I can do it. It's mainly in the evening that I go off track. I no its a mental thing and reading this has already made me feel more determined. 6lbs to get into the 11stones. Thank you again :)

Have something ready for that evening time when you want to snack :) fruit salad, a frozen mullerlight? THis is what I plan to do too as if I am organised I am less likely to go off track

I find melon and strawberries filling. I was surprised how filling they were.

Goodluck, can't wait to hear you say you got down to the 11's :D Just remember 'you can do it!' and you are going to show us you can!

I'm wondering if you can remember whether anything particularly upsetting happened in your life when you were in the 11st category before? And somehow deep down you are afraid to re-visit that place? I've had to work through a lot of emotional issues on my way to the settled state I've reached now, but I can remember how things were in my life on the way up through the different stones, and how I used food to stuff back the feelings and emotions I couldn't cope with at the time. I know now that if I've genuinely dealt with those issues, then I'm more than O.K. to keep going back through those stones to where I really really want to be! :)

A new start ...with new ideas and new recipes!
When ever you start a new plan you give it your all because its exciting and new....create that illusion for yourself! Imagine 11st 6lb is your first weigh in and you will never see those numbers again :) then take it a day at a time creating challenges for yourself and just making everything different

I do it too, get so far, do really well then start sabotaging myself, as I did this weekend... Ellebear told me to ask my c on Thursday about svs plans, so you do the same and we will both see if it helps...xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

New recipes found and trying to stay positive. Thanks for all the encouragement.
sleepytimesadie said:
I do it too, get so far, do really well then start sabotaging myself, as I did this weekend... Ellebear told me to ask my c on Thursday about svs plans, so you do the same and we will both see if it helps...xx

What is svs???

You can do it! Think of how good it will feel when you crash past the barriers! I was the same hovering at 12 St for about 4 weeks losin and putting on it definitely was a mental block as I don't know if it is just me but it seems so much harder to lose the 1 or 2 pounds to get to the stone below! I know I wil have the same struggle when I get to 11.1 in the next few weeks! Xx

mary24 said:
New recipes found and trying to stay positive. Thanks for all the encouragement.

What is svs???

I won't know until Thursday when I talk to my consultant Leigh, I think its like an anti sabotage plan... xx

Well thanks to all your words of encouragement I hav had a really really good day am feeling very positive. I also tried a frozen muller light last nite and couldn't finish it all. I have weigh in tomorrow nite so fingers crossed I will be a bit closer to the 11s :)

I no exactly how you feel. Im sabotaging myself. Ive lost nearly 2 stone altogether but for the last couple of weeks Ive been really stressed with work and I've just been eating and eating :( getting me down. but Ive just gotta think what do I want more... food or to get down to my goal weight. harder than it sounds though *sigh*

I am guilty of it too!! I find that when I am trying to lose weight for a special occasion I do really well to begin with then as the date draws nearer I totally sabotage myself and stuff my face, almost like I'm doing it on purpose for some reason I just don't understand. It's almost as if I start to panic when I start to look nice!! Weird or what!!

Back