Help Please

susiefloozy

:confused:Hi, I am a newcomer to forums so please bear with me. I have been doing Slimming World for 8 weeks now and am pleased to have lost 1st 6lbs so far, my biggest problem is that ever since starting this diet I have had constipation and have resorted to taking Movical and Ducolax, which I really do not want to keep on doing. So I would welcome any advise you may have to give me please, thanks.

Susie drink water m'dear honestly nothing better for the constipation than that . Also lots of fruit and veg specially those with lots of fibre in eat wholemeal or wholegrain everything like pasta bread rice. You probably know this already . If you do take movicol make sure you drink water with it the movicol works by extracting water from the bowel to make the stools softer . Not a nice subject is it but one that affects an awful lot of us not just when dieting either. If I go on holiday I'm done for! lol Good luck I hope you feel fine soon .

Also try to find the foods that ehrm make you go! Everyone is different - for my MIL it's kiwi fruit, for me it's peas (free on green & EE, HEXB on red), certain types of mushrooms (free on all plans) and, strangely enough, walnuts (HEXB on green).

Every time I do an EE day I get bloated and have constipation. I do red and green days (mainly green) and it's usually okay for me (although I've just started slimming world again and my tummy's all over the place from going from junk to healthy).

Perhaps mix your days up a bit and see if that helps? Are you making sure to eat your HEXB's?

Spicy spinach clears all known blockages!!!

I wonder if you are not eating enough fibre - what are you having for your hexb(s)? Try mixing it up and having some scan bran or all bran cereal, for example - just remember to drink extra water to encourage it through. Lots of people find that beans can have a positive effect as well! :D

Exercise can also help get things moving - try some jogging!

I agree with the post above
Water water every time
I didn't drink enough this week and I'm in the same boat
It takes a couple of days to get sorted again and I end up with headaches too
But here I sit with a pint glass full of clear free fresh water !!!!!
And I know I'll be right as rain if I keep drinking at least 2 litres a day .... More if it's really sunny
Fx

Exercise gets you moving pun intended!
Lots of fluids, try a big mug of warm water/ squash for breakfast.
Try making EE meals half superfree, make sure you leave the skin on potatoes, try speed soup or add beans (any type kidney/cannelini/baked) to dishes, baked beans in cottage pie is quite nice even though I don't like beans. Chilli with beans instead if meat will help too.

Thanks for all your ideas, I do drink quite alot of water but will up it further. I do have All Bran or Bran Flakes for breakfast and eat plenty of fruit. I do EE most of the time, but, I have put on 2lbs this week at weigh in (boo hoo) but my SW lady looked at my food diary and said I was not eating enough! She suggested doing some red days to kick start my metabolism into action. What do you guys think? I do not want to put on any more, I had lost 1st 6lbs- now 1st 4lbs. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hi hun. I can definitely say that if you do more red days this week you will loose the weight. I find that I bloat on Ee and green days, but normally I do 1-2 days Ee and the rest red and always get a consistent weight loss. As I've just had a baby and to get myself back into the swing of things I have been doing more Ee than anything else and my losses are negligible. I enjoy red days and although some people find them more expensive, I dont. I have a food diary on here if you want some ideas and trust me it does work!!

Fab loss Susie.

Some digestions are more sensitive to carbs than others - or certain carbs maybe. I love it but bread bloats me terribly ... rice & pasta are fine :confused:
Going 'Red' for a week will hopefully help.

Thanks for all your ideas, I do drink quite alot of water but will up it further. I do have All Bran or Bran Flakes for breakfast and eat plenty of fruit. I do EE most of the time, but, I have put on 2lbs this week at weigh in (boo hoo) but my SW lady looked at my food diary and said I was not eating enough! She suggested doing some red days to kick start my metabolism into action. What do you guys think? I do not want to put on any more, I had lost 1st 6lbs- now 1st 4lbs. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I would say loads of red/original days. Lots of fish (no batter) and lovely sea-food. Plenty of water - gallons of the stuff as already mentioned.

I'd go as far to say hardly any of us drink enough water. I think it may have been Shirleen who mentioned drinking warm water, or hot water left to cool works just as well. Combine that will plenty of exercise should see you right.

My mam has the same problem and has tried everything except from eating only wholegrain pasta/rice so that might help :) For me I made the slimming world chicken curry and that worked an hour later, I wasn't planning it though lol

Chillies work for me. I make a super speed soup and lace it with flaked chillies and Chinese 5 spice...............works a treat lol !!

It could be the chillies , it could be all those vegetables, baked bean included.

Chillies work for me. I make a super speed soup and lace it with flaked chillies and Chinese 5 spice...............works a treat lol !!

It could be the chillies , it could be all those vegetables, baked bean included.

haha Myt sister is the same with the speed soup, though it doesn't affect me in that way at all lol

Back