help please

pinkiepie

Hi everyone, had a really hard day today, have wanted to give in so much:(. I find weekends hard anyway but so far this weekend i've had a row with hubby & where as before i would have ended up eating to "make myself feel better" i just have no idea how to deal with this to snap myself out of feeling so down. To make things worse he's now gone out with his mates & i'm stuck in the house with 2 kids feeling truely fed up & bored (again somethin i would have "fixed" by eatin). I knew i was an emotional eater but this has to have been my worse day so far on LT:cry:. I'm sure there will be many more days like this to come but it's so hard to find a whole new way of dealin with things when you've used food as a way out for such a long time. Any idea's would be very welcome:eek:

Orrrrr hun. I'm not sure what to say. We all have good and bad days, but just take it hour by hour. Try and get the kids in bed early and have some 'you' time. Good luck hun.xx

Hi everyone, had a really hard day today, have wanted to give in so much:(. I find weekends hard anyway but so far this weekend i've had a row with hubby & where as before i would have ended up eating to "make myself feel better" i just have no idea how to deal with this to snap myself out of feeling so down. To make things worse he's now gone out with his mates & i'm stuck in the house with 2 kids feeling truely fed up & bored (again somethin i would have "fixed" by eatin). I knew i was an emotional eater but this has to have been my worse day so far on LT:cry:. I'm sure there will be many more days like this to come but it's so hard to find a whole new way of dealin with things when you've used food as a way out for such a long time. Any idea's would be very welcome:eek:

Sorry to hear you're not happy, have you got a friend who can pop round for a chat to keep your mind off the food - are the kids in bed - if not, can you play a game with them - or.... get posting on her, ask any question you would like to know the answer to to keep you occupied, there is always someone on here to give you an answer even to an obscure question - have a mooch round the site, get some inspiration from others in the same predicament -anything to keep your mind and mouth occupied - bubble bath, water guzzle, pop some music on and have a boogie, watch a film that you've not seen for ages - good luck with whatever you choose to do x;)

Pink, I'm not sure how old your children are but if they are old enough to entertain themselves then get yourself into a relaxing bath then have an early night. If they are little then get them to bed early and have that bath.

Good luck hun.

x

Get the kids in bed and run a nice bubble bath. Pamper yourself. There are other ways to treat yourself or take your mind off stuff than eating. Do something for yourself.
Don't just sit in front of the telly moping!

Hi, kick your man to the kerb... only joking.. your doing really well on LT, if you were to snack now. yes it would feel and taste great.. but if your feeling bad now, think how you would feel after eating crap..
Its not nice having slight fights, but keep your head up.. and when you get to your ideal weight.. your hubby will be fighting to keep you in and to stay with you.. xx

i play the games on the arcade here when im at a lose end, keeps my mind occupied

I would say stuff it I am not letting him break me or my hard work.Put the argument out your head and just keep speaking to everyone on this site,even play the games if you have peace to do so.You will be fine and will come across as the bigger person in the end, especially if you are calm and collected when he comes home.
Good luck and keep your chin up.

Aww hunni..me are such divvys..... i like phil's first answer, but then you would be single soo get the rabbit out and put a amile back on your face...oops xxx :)
Just remember food isnt your friend!!

Thanks guys, feelin much better already just from having a good moan (not in the way you're thinkin nic ;) the rabbit is fast asleep for now)

It's so good to know tht when your feelin a little weak you can get some support from everyone here.

I've now got a 2yr old in bed an 8yr old watchin a DVD & a hot bath runnin as we speak.
Thanks phillip for makin me giggle:crazy:

Nikki x

Mmm hot bath! I think that sounds like a sound idea! :) Enjoy it hun and hope you feel loads better for it x

he he ...glad you're feeling better...if you are at a loose end yu could come and put my kids to bed too!! hehe

hey, every time you get through a bad day without eating it will get easier, now you have done it the next time it happens you know you will be able to do it again, and soon it when you have a bad day you wont even think of food as something to make you feel better about it... you will be away running a bath and trying on all your new skinny outfits to make yourself feel better instead! lol xox

enjoy ur evening babe xoxo

hey, every time you get through a bad day without eating it will get easier, now you have done it the next time it happens you know you will be able to do it again, and soon it when you have a bad day you wont even think of food as something to make you feel better about it... you will be away running a bath and trying on all your new skinny outfits to make yourself feel better instead! lol xox

enjoy ur evening babe xoxo

:D:D:D:Dditto !!!:D:D:D:D:D

Hey pinkiepie, you are definitely not alone. I get the same problems myself, it's so darn hard. When I cheated t'other day, I just crammed as much chocolate as I could into my mouth, ate it, then cried. It's just not worth it. I too am an emotional eater, but having cheated a few times, felt so bad about myself, it was ten times worse.

I'm now focused on sticking to the diet with no exceptions. I have done the same with my kids, once they're tucked up in bed, I just have a relaxing bath with lots of candles, then watch some real cheesy TV in bed. (Columbo and Cagney & Lacey are some old-timer cheese faves!). x x

i know i am a bit late in replying to this post - but as it is now the morning after the night before you should be feeling absolutely chuft to bits with yourself - just think if you were still living in the 'freakyfoodfriend' world you could possibly have ingested a gazillion calories with absolutely no way of burning them off - you have suceeded - you did it!!! Now pat yourself on the back missy.

I loved the first time i fought the food-demon and won - cos once you have done it you know for a fact you will be able to do it again and again if necessary. Eventually the food-demon does give up and goes to find some weak-minded individua to play 'putonthepounds' with.

You did dead well to abstain hun.....all you have to do now is keep your head above water and knuckle down - u proved you can do it last night.

MAJOR ACHEIVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

well done you x

Do you know Lisa, you're so right, i feel sooo good this mornin, feel like i can do anything now!:character00115:
I am so happy i didnt give in & i know tht next time i can think back & say i did it then, i can do it again.
Not sure i could have done it had i not come on here & had a moan, just knowing tht everyone else has gone thru the same & come out fine is a big help:D

Thanks guys:grouphugg:
Nikki xxx

awwwwwwwwwww i love it when a plan comes together ;)

u can do this - i can do this - we can bloody well sodding do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

i tell ye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe

Pinkie pieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Guess what?!!?!?

You now cannot cheat - as it is against the team wednesday rules - and as you signed up for our team last night that means that under no circumstances can you ever cheat or you will be letting your whole team down :d

so great to know we have a strong team member for our wednesday weigh in!! Well done on getting through the day - now you have done it once you know whatever happens you can do it again!

Enjoy your day
xoxoxoxoxox

Morning to everyone, just wondering how are friend (pinkiepie) is doing today??
Hope your in better form today..x

opps just seen the above posts.. your ok then

Back