HELP QUICK PLEASE ....CHEWING GUM?!!

floss

Sorry for the caps...just im going to meet a guy in half an hour and im on day 3 so dog breath is lingering! Is there any chewing gum Im allowed to have?

Thanks guys!

No not really but one won't hurt,enjoy!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can't find anything on the S&S website but I think you can have sugar free gum but maybe only chew it until the flavour has gone! Failing that sugar free breath freshening sprays are handy to keep around!

There used to be these strips they sold at the chemist which were allowed but they don't have them anymore!! They dissolved on your tongue. Just have one and that should be fine :) x

Just found this on the S&S site

A mild ketosis may develop when on any very low calorie diet and this may affect your breath slightly. Simply brush your teeth more often, and use mouth wash, sugar-free chewing gum or breath fresheners.

Hope that helps x

Technically speaking you shouldn't (at least on other VLCD's) as chewing may stimulate acid developing in your stomach in anticipation of food which will never come. This may result in hunger pangs.

Other than that - a few pieces won't hurt. Personally, while I don't have a hunger issue arising from chewing of gum - too many gave me constipation and water retention! So be wary and don't exceed I'd say 4-6 (max!) per day. :)

Oooooh sugar free chewy is ok now! Lovely will be gettin some of that for work!! X

I have gum often! You're just chewing it, not eating it so it's fine :) lol

Have to warn you all... Chewing gum, encourages thw stomach to produce acid in anticipation of food... On an 'empty' stomach it can lead to stomach ulcers as the acid erodes the stomach lining x

Back