Help! So confused!

Jade x x

Hi every1 :D,

Just looking for some information on the Cambridge diet, iv never done this diet before although I have tried LL twice and didn't last over a week either time. I'm 14st 4lbs (roughly) and really desperate to get rid of it now. Iv contacted my local CDC and she said I could start next Wednesday my only concern is that, I will have to give up my exercise :( and I'm really not prepared to do this. Iv got a personal trainer who I see 3 times a week. I spoke to my CDC counsellor about this and she suggested starting at step 3 1000 with a more gradual weight loss, and still exercise but I'm thinking maybe I would be better just joining a slimming class if that's the case! So basically I'm just wondering if any1 does quite strenuous exercise while doing SS? I would be willing to drop my sessions but not totally give it up as it benefits me mentally aswell as physically anyway thanks for listening!

Jade

heya Jade
Im doing solesource+ so I have 3 packs a day + a small (mainly protein) meal
Before I started I used to be at the gym for at least 90 mins 4 times a week , 1st week on SS+ I was realy weak and couldnt train at all ...by day 7 I felt great but went back to the gym but couldnt manage the 90 mins I used to do and my heartrate was 20% higher on cardio machines than it had been previously.
Now Im on my 4th week and I do an hours Aqua-arobics 5 days a week easily...Iv even done 2 classes in a day a couple of times....you get this boundless energy when ketosis sets in!
So its not the workout I used to get but I am still managing to build muscle and my weight loss hasnt been anyless than most ppl doing sole source....Iv lost I think about 2 stone in just less than 4 weeks
Hope this helps
Jo x

Hi Jade,
Personally you dont physically need the excersise in the first few weeks of cambridge, especially if you're doing SS as the weight will most likely just fall of you,
most of us have had a huge weight loss in the first week (i'm on week 12 now)
They recomend you don't do excersise for the first few weeks as you're body is not consuming enough calories, so you'll feel tired, weak, etc! However i don't personally think this is a reason to just NOT do cambridge and try slimming world or something else instead. If you're dead set on doing excersise, i'd start at a higher plan on Cambridge, maybe the 1000 plan or 810. I've done the 810 before and had amazing losses :)

Thanks so much for your replies, been thinking about it all day. And think I'll go for one of the higher plans as I do really enjoy my sessions with my personal trainer and giving them up isn't really an option for me. Does the higher plans therefore mean you have a shake for breakfast and lunch then a controlled meal for dinner? Sorry to be a pest I just dont have any1 else to talk 2 abt this! Lol and does your body still go into ketosis? x

Forgot to say both of yous have had amazing losses well done! Hope yous are proud of yourselves :) x

Thanks Jade, VERY proud of myself :)
&& nope i doubt your body will be in ketosis if you're on the higher plan eg 1000 calories a day..
i was on the 810 plan a couple of years ago & i was barely in ketosis, but everyone is different..

Hi Jade, I do 810, had planned to move down to SS but I'm doing swimming 4-5 times a week so was recommended to stay on a higher plan. Im in Ketosis, and have been since near the beginning - its still good and quick, I've lost a lb off two stone in 5 weeks, when I started my diet ( last year) I did weight watchers, and It took 13 weeks to lose the same amount - it is definitely worth it

Good luck x

Hi Jade, I do 810, had planned to move down to SS but I'm doing swimming 4-5 times a week so was recommended to stay on a higher plan. Im in Ketosis, and have been since near the beginning - its still good and quick, I've lost a lb off two stone in 5 weeks, when I started my diet ( last year) I did weight watchers, and It took 13 weeks to lose the same amount - it is definitely worth it

Good luck x

Ur weight loss has been great On the 810 what does that consist of? How many shakes do u have? x

Thanks Jade, VERY proud of myself :)
&& nope i doubt your body will be in ketosis if you're on the higher plan eg 1000 calories a day..
i was on the 810 plan a couple of years ago & i was barely in ketosis, but everyone is different..

Thanks again for your reply :) think I'll b going for the 810 plan x

Ur weight loss has been great On the 810 what does that consist of? How many shakes do u have? x[/QUOTE]

Hi I have two shakes during the day - then a meal in the evening (usually chicken /turkey) 245g of plus 85g of green veg. Then a lf yoghurt and a bar in the evening which is like my treat - its a great plan xx

Oops just tried to include the previous message two posts ago... But did it wrong

Anyway, I have two shakes during the day, then a meal in evening, which is usually chicken or turkey 245g of plus 85g green veg , then a lf yog and a bar in the evening - its a great plan

Xx

Oops just tried to include the previous message two posts ago... But did it wrong

Anyway, I have two shakes during the day, then a meal in evening, which is usually chicken or turkey 245g of plus 85g green veg , then a lf yog and a bar in the evening - its a great plan

Xx

Thank u, I think I'll defo do this plan was considering starting weight watchers 2moro because I thought I'd have to give up my exercise but sounds like I'll still manage to keep it up :D xx

Back