Help! Stopped losing weight!!

Baby_r

Iv been on step 2 for 2 weeks now ans i cant seem to budge any weight! My target was to lose 16lbs by 1sept which is nearly 4 weeks away! Doesnt seem like this is going to happen! :(
I am feeling so down coz of this! Dont understand where im going wrong!
Im having smaller portions that the book states
Drinking roughly 3litres
Exercising aswell
But also its my totm too! So is that affecting my weight loss?? When i was doing ss i managed to lose 3lbs when it was totm! Strange!
I have to go up too 1000cals next week but i feel like doing ss again to lose all my weight first! Im not happy! What you reckon i should do?!
Iv lost 22lbs so far! My bmi is 23.8 i think now!

i know exactly how u feel, my bmi is 24, i've only got around a stone to lose but its shifting very slowly. ive only lost 2lbs over the past fortnight, compared with my previous average of 5lbs a fortnight. my CDC has suggested to move up the steps to see if food will boost my losses but im scared that it wont work! i know i need to bring food back in at some point but im desperate to get into the 8s (currently 9st 5lbs) and take it from there. i honestly thought that i would have shifted half a stone in 3 weeks before my friends wedding but thats a week saturday and i'll be lucky if i lose another 1lb next week at this rate! i think it may be because we are very close to goal and the last little bit is hard to get off. doesnt help much i know, but maybe going up the steps is what we need to boost the losses again.

There is a major catch 22 when you are on a low cal diet and working out at the same time.
Its a HUGE pain!
I plateaued for awhile when I was dieting before this, which set me up to fail, because I got so down.

I was eating too little than what was recommended and I was working my a** off in the gym!
Doing this your body can go into a survival mode, and thus slows down your metabolism. Resulting in a plateau.

If you bring your intake back up to what is recommended, this (in theory) should work.

And because of the amount of water you are drinking, it can work against you some times. You can get a herbal water tablet that naturally expels excess water (Especially around totm)

Hope these hints help you out

Best of luck

thanks lemai, i'll definitely try the water tablet but unlike baby r, im not exercising yet so im just struggling with my weight for no reason!

Those tabs are really good, especially coming up to a wedding or after it. Drinking (even if its a load of diet cokes) and feeling like a slug after a night out. I live by them now :)

I'm in Ireland
I get "waterfall" tablets
I got them from a local herbally chemist guy. He said they are pretty popular in mainstream chemists as well

Lumpyandbumpy atleast ur losing something! I hvnt lost even a lb! Hopefully once my totm is over i lose a large amount! Fingers crossed! I trying so hard to get into my 7stones! Going on holiday to morocco with my bf for the first time so dont want to look like a wobbly beach whale! Need to get into shape by then!
Did u manage to find the tablets in holland and barret? Im goin to ask my pharmacist bf about them an if he can pick them up for me! Hope u manage to get into ur 8sts soon!

Thanks lemai for the advice! I feel so bloated aswell! Will try out the tablets! Do u just eat them
Durinf totm or have i everyday?
Im thinking of during ss for the next few days to see if i can lose any weight with that! Im just getting inpatient now!

Lumpyandbumpy atleast ur losing something! I hvnt lost even a lb! Hopefully once my totm is over i lose a large amount! Fingers crossed! I trying so hard to get into my 7stones! Going on holiday to morocco with my bf for the first time so dont want to look like a wobbly beach whale! Need to get into shape by then!
Did u manage to find the tablets in holland and barret? Im goin to ask my pharmacist bf about them an if he can pick them up for me! Hope u manage to get into ur 8sts soon!

i found water tablets in holand and barrett online, didnt have a chance to pop into store but theres a few for all under £5, one is called aqua ban, cant remember what the other were called but i went on the website and searched for water tablets and around 6 results came back, so there is a bit of choice there. good luck with getting into your 7s, i know how difficult that last hurdle is! i'm doing just SS this week, no SS+ or 810 at all, and defo no little picks on sweets here and there! i'm also trying to stay away from the scales so that i can just weigh in next week without having a sneak peek, this week is going to be tough!

I take them around totm.
or if i went out for a few drinks, which is rare.
they really help with the bloated feeling

Thanks and good luck to u! I had a cheeky look thia morning and scalea said 7st 13lbs!! Yayyyy but im guesaing thia will go back up into 8s by the end of today! But that waa great motivation saying a 7 on the scale this time!
Thats great the tablets are under £5, im already so low on cash coz of this diet eapecially as im ont working part time aswell! Im
Defo with u on the ss for the remaining days till mon! I cant have my weekly weigh in for three weeks now as consultants gone on holiday! So will have to do one at home
For a rough idea!

Had my weekly weigh in at home this week as consultant is away! I managed to lose 4lbs making my current wait to 7st 12lbs! Yayyu 12 lbs away from my target now! Hows it goig for u guys?! Any luck?

hey! well done on your loss thats amazing! would love for my scales to flash that up! i've gone back to SS this week and i'm on day 5 of my strictly SS challenge, so far so good but not weighing until my official weds weigh in so i'll report back then. im hoping it'll have worked to cut out the naughty stuff ive picked on recently!

Back