Help!! Tasters tonight!!

Lannie23

Ok so I have my first taster session tonight and its bonfire night themed... I don't have a clue of anything I can make and don't want to turn up empty handed... Ideas please? X

Chilli/Spag Bol/Curry/Stew?
With it being bonfire night themed I was be making plenty of hearty & warming food :)

What about a twist on the traditional toffee apple. I'm thinking "Magic Porridge" (35g porridge oats) made up with a toffee Muller Light - leave in the fridge for at least an hour or so, so that the oats can soak up some of the yogurt and expand. Then peel and grate 1 apple -add to the porridge and stir well. As simple as that :D

Thank you :) how many syns would that be do you think? And how much yogurt? Xx

Thank you :) how many syns would that be do you think? And how much yogurt? Xx

Magic porridge is 35g porridge oats and 1 Muller Light yogurt. This can be used as 1 Healthy Extra B, or would be 6 Syns.

How about falafels!

Pete’s Falafels

Makes 18

Ingredients

½ tsp chilli flakes (s) (sff)
1egg (ff)
1onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 garlic (sff)
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tbsp dried or fresh herbs
2 Wholemeal slices of bread (400g loaf) (1Heb or 6syn)
400g tin of chickpeas (s) (sff)

Method

Place all ingredients in a food processor, reduce to a smooth paste, season, put in a small bowl and cover, place in the freezer for 30 mins until the mixture is firm, remove and form into small size “burgers”

Heat a frying pan and spray with Fry Light, cook in batches on both sides, remove and allow to cool.

Falafels-2 (Small).JPG

Back