Help teens driving me mad.

autumnbabe

Gold Member
My girls are 14 & 15 and are driving me mad. Telling me they are bored.
We live in a small village. Their friends live quite far away and I'm stuck at what to say to them when they keep going on.
Any advice !

Do they like walking, if so try geocaching it's like a treasure hunt only you sign the log, hide the cache & somebody else finds it, it can be fun.

We have done all the cache that are local. And they don't really have any hobbies that they don't do at home. They need to be out lol. !

What about taking them to the cinema or a local park with a frisbee or something, A SW picnic perhaps.

Museums? Theatre? Bike hire? What about a pamper session do each others hair and makeup nail polish etc

No they don't like needle work. And they have had make over days already, I think we have run out of ideas
I'm dreading the 6 weeks hols. At least when they were a lot younger they didn't mind what they did. Also it isn't cool to be with mum and dad

They need to get a hobby hun otherwise its gonna drive you nuts. What about craft classes, card making, cookery etc. They could make the cards and then some charity shops sell them for cash for cancer research etc.

Think your right. Ill have to talk to them. See we like walking but they get fed up and like doing teen stuff. What ever that is.

What about local groups where they have discos for teens, knocking on neighbours doors and car washing lol thats what I did as a teen and it earned a little pocket money too

No like I say we live in a small village there are 6 houses around us. Then next village a mile and half away.
I'm up against it anyway as I said to them come on girls you need to find a hobby so you don't get bored. The reply I got was we have twitter and tumbler Justin bieber and one D. I'm banging my head against the wall.
Thanks for your help !

So are they saying they are bored or are they happy doing the Twitter etc?
Do you drive?
What about sports? Swimming? Badminton? Golf? Zumba? Getting them to do it and joining them would be good for you all but I know how hard it is.
I'm trying to spend some time with my 13 year old this weekend and its like getting blood out of a stone but I did ask him if he fancied going for a walk or bike ride tomorrow and nearly fell over when he said yeah bike ride!

They are saying they are bored. But they don't mind doing what they are doing when it suits them.
With them being girls they are very bothered what other people think of them. (daft I know. As they are normal teens) but I will put the sporty idea to them. At least I have tried. They were going to walk with us today then it was we can't be bothered. In 6 weeks hols though I'm stuck for time with the car as on husband leaves for work in the afternoon. Leaving me without the car or having to be back by a certain time.
They are just awkward

My boy does it to me lounges round all weekend then on a Sunday night complains we do nothing at weekends.
Know what teens are like for worrying about what people think, my daughter comes to zumba with me now but she's 21 and she wouldn't have when she was a teen.
It's natural for them to moan they are bored and if you have given them suggestions and opportunities then it's their own fault lol we all have to be bored sometimes eh?

Lol. Never thought of that lol. (giving them jobs)
My youngest loves baking so we have done some of that today but like half hour later. Its like what can we do tomo. In the end I said go google it lol

Back