help thinking of starting so many doubts =(

cathy2009

hi everyone im seriously thinking of starting lighter life and could do with some advice from some of you lovely people already on the plan hope you dont mind =)

i am 13 and half stone and only 5ft1, i would love to drop to 10 st ( to start with)
ive done every diet under the sun had success with ww but piled it all back on.
ive no motivation and just want quick results to give me a boost, lighter life sounds amazing but ive read some of the horror stories what have you made of them?

should i tell my family im thinking of doing this? im worried incase they shout at me cutting foo out altogether

ive 2 two young kids inc a 4 month old baby - is it really hard to stick to when making dinners for your kids?

would love to hear your thoughts / success stories to boost my motivation and confidence, much love xxx cath

oh yes ps ive tried lipotrim in the past and only lasted 2 weeks found the soups and bars foul and im really not a fussy eater does anyone have a list of the packs and what you think of them xxx thanks xx

You say you lack motivation and i think that is your main problem and could seriously hinder your success on a vlcd.

LL is great, the weightloss is rapid and the products are some of the best i've tried.

I personally have to cook for 3 kids and the hubby every night and i don't struggle with that, but i'm highly motivated and am not really a picker anyway.

These diets are hard enough, but it takes real willpower and you need to have your head in the right place otherwise you're wasting your money.

Nobody can tell you what to do, or if it'll work for you but as you can see from all the success stories on these forums the diet works if you give it 100%.

There is loads of support available for you here and your LLC should help you through it too.

So good luck with your decision making and i hope you make the right choice for you x

For me the important thing about LL is the counselling. That is why LL costs more than other programmes. If you want a quick fix and are not that interested in the counselling side then you'd be better off with one of the cheaper online plans, such as Slim and Save. However, I would strongly suggest that you do LL and really make the most out of the counselling. Otherwise what will stop the weight going back on again? It took me a while to accept that when I get to the end of my LL journey I will have to eat completely differently than before and have a very different relationship with food. The counselling has been key in this. I have learnt why I eat and developed coping mechanisms around my default behaviours. What with that and the support which LL gives through route to maintenance I believe that I'm going to maintain.

Some of the packs are nice and others less so. Everyone disagrees on what is nice and what isn't so you'd have to find your own way there and try all of the packs! However, there are quite a few packs to choose from.

thanks girls, i was really motivated in starting lipo trim but found the packs horrible, i believe ll are much nicer did any of yous ever try lipo trim in comparison? yes weasey its the counselling that im really looking forward to thanks x

LL has been a life saver for me - in more ways than one. I managed to achieve things I never ever believed I could. I managed to overcome all sorts of ups and downs and stuck to the LL plan 100% throughout the whole journey. (nearly there now).

It sounds to me like you may not have the family support which you will really need. I strongly suggest that you get someone on your side who can be the person you talk to when things get tough and hopefully that person (your OH maybe) will be able to talk you down when you think you might go off plan.

For me - knowing that my husband is behind me all the way and would be terribly disappointed if I gave up has been a huge help.

Everyone else: they don't have to know until you start to lose the weight and they wonder why.

The counselling will help you to deal with the motivation issues and will encourage you to set goals which you can achieve. But you absolutely must go to the counselling every week at least in the beginning. it is so important.

I quite like nearly all the food, but then I am not that fussy (that might explain me being 3 stone overweight!) anyway you get used to it even if it seems a bit odd at first. it is really a case of sticking at it for at least a couple of weeks and then it all sort of slots into place.

With such young children you need to consider how you will deal with the time issues of attending class and the food issues. Just remember that one taste might set you off. So just make a rule that not one morsel will pass your lips. Make it an all or nothing approach.

Good luck.

Back