Help toby cavery info needed eek

Laura_carlburgess

Gold Member
Ok so after a long night and morning deliberating (honestly was in bed last bight still thinking about the best way to approach today...very sad I know ;-) haha)

I think I have decided to go for a EE day and go the Toby Cavery for lunch with my friend. So I am going to say I am lactose intolerant so need unbuttered veggies sneaky I know heehee :) But not sure about syn value for the following:

Mash potato
Gravy (meat)
Roast potatos
Cauliflower cheese

Going to avoid the yorkies as know these are ridiculous as only want to spend max of 10 syns or 15 at the absolute most

Would only do this as have aerobics tonight so know I can counter balance it as have only just weighed in for the week as well.

toby carvery syns...
gravey 100ml, 1syn
mash 100g, 1 syn
Roast Potatoes 100g, 4½

There doesnt seem to be syns for cauliflower cheese.
Maybe you could have new potatoes (free with not butter) insted of mash. x

LornaGrace said:
toby carvery syns...
gravey 100ml, 1syn
mash 100g, 1 syn
Roast Potatoes 100g, 4½

There doesnt seem to be syns for cauliflower cheese.
Maybe you could have new potatoes (free with not butter) insted of mash. x

Hey thanks for your reply.

Yes I am going to ask for veg and new potatoes no butter on. But fancied one... Would u say if I had 1 roastie just say 1 syn? A ladle of gravy 1 syn and a blob of mash for 1 syn? Not bad if 3 syns for a meal out... If so would just round up to 5 to be on the safe side and pile it with veggies and meat xx

Yeah, thats what i would probably count it as.

Toby Carvery seems good on syns, as long as no dessert! lol. Have a nice meal :)

Hi.

Ok so there was no boiled potatoes GROAN but I asked if the veggies had butter on and he said yes so I said that I was lactose intolerant haha so they made me a fresh bowl :)

So I had that with turkey breast, skipped the yorkie (that was pure hell haha) and put a dollop of mash on my plate and one roast potato with 1/2 ladle of meat gravy.

I didn't eat the mash it looked very creamy so it's just the roast and the gravy so going to syn it as 3/4 and since then I have had a pink/White wafer for 2.5 so still got 4.5/5.5 syns for after my tea yey :)

Well done on resisting! Its good to know that we can have a meal out and still be well within our syns! Knowing that they will do your own veggies makes me more likely to visit places like that. I wish more places were accommodating. x

Yes he was very accommodating with the veggies but I did tell a porky pie :)

Wish the same could be said about a rude waitress... Telling me my 18 month old daughter couldn't have a bowl of veg to munch on (they have always done so before and its actually advertised on their menu) she could only have a childs menu meal or some off my plate after I had taken it back to the table...

I could appreciate it if I was sat there with a 4/5 year old and just didn't want to pay for her to eat but I refuse to pay the same price for a child's meal that is for up to 10 year olds....for a toddler.

Funniest thing after the chef got me my veg which was HUGE I ended up walking back to the table with a plate of meat and potatoes (two roasties and the mash for Molly) A yorrkie (again for Molly) and a huge bowl of veg and I wished she was there to see because she made such a fuss over a plate of veg lol x

Yes he was very accommodating with the veggies but I did tell a porky pie :)

all for a good cause - a little white lie never hurt! :eek:

Aw thats really bad of the waitress, I know loads of people who do that with their kids. At least you got plenty for your little girl in the end. hope the waitress felt bad! :)

Back