HELP! ** Warning: Male Hissy-Fit Alert **

MrC

I'll start off by stating that I know I'm being silly about all this and I'm acting like a big girl's blouse (am I allowed to say that on here? :p) but I'm just really down and angry after my visit the the pharmacy.

Eleven weeks in and it's been relatively plain sailing with over three stone lost and my refeed planned for two weeks time. Yesterday I had my weigh-in and I only lost 2lbs. As I posted yesterday I am quite happy with that and will be treating any weight loss in the next few weeks as a bonus.

However, as has happened a few times over the last three months my pharmacy didn't have any LT stock in, well not male anyway. They tend to get them in on a Wednesday and are reluctant to keep too much in stock which I can understand.

For the last three weeks or so I have been having half of my supply made up of chicken soup with the rest being made up of mainly vanilla shakes and the odd strawberry or chocolate in there too. I've really enjoyed the soup more than anything and really look forward to it as my 'evening meal'.

Well I turned up at thepharmacy today simply to pick up my LT sachets only to find out that they didn't order any soup. Now I know it shouldn't matter but I'm devastated - totally gutted. I know it sounds really trivial and silly but I can't get across how down and angry I am. I'm not normally a drama queen.

I'm so miffed that I'm contemplating starting my refeed today now just so I can have something warm and savoury to eat this evening even though I wanted to TRF for another couple of weeks.

I'm almost rather not have anything today than two shakes.

I know I should just get over myself, stop being silly, have my shakes as normal and have soup next week. I just need someone to tell me!!

I dont think you are being silly at all Mr C . Lets face it this diet is very strict and when you find your own personal way to deal with that then you should expect to get all the help and support you need from the pharmacy. you have been on it long enough for them to know what stock they need for you. Cant you explain this over the phone and ask them if they could order you some today? They are suppose to be helping you? I think from reading your posts you are a strong determined person and I dont think you will let this change your original plan. You have had a rant now Im sure you will carry on regardless? lol Good luck :)

Aww hunny that's awful!! Big hug!!

It's not nice to be disappointed especially when your so close to refeed but stick with it. It's only 2 weeks and then you can finish properly like you want to and plan your meals etc. lets hope the pharmacy sorts themselves out.

Though I would complain, your paying for a service and should get what you want. My pharmacy always have what I want (I only have choc and strawberry) but when I wanted to try the flapjacks they ordered them for me and didn't say they couldn't because of wasted stock etc.

Hope you stay on track sweetie and get through this week, just down your shakes and it'll be ok :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Mr.C, It is so annoying when you have been doing this for 11 weeks. They know that you will be having the sachets so why not get them in for you??? very very annoying and I too would be ranting ;) but don't let this push you into re-feeding early, that's just not fair. I like my flapjacks (strange person I am!!) and would feel the same if they were not available, but don't let the bas@*"ds win.

My first pharmacy did that and i ended up buying 7 soups from another pharmacy. I explained and they were fine. This diet is hard enough without hitting another hurdle for the final mile! Hugs hunni, look on list for somewhere else to sell them to you. x

MrC, I would try somewhere else. If I had read this earlier I would have popped a few of mine in the post for you as I asked for some soup for the first time today to make crisps.

I don't think you're being unreasonable after. They know you want soup so why the hell haven't they got it?
You're paying a lot for this!!

My chemist didn't have chocolate last week for the first time ever, I wasn't impressed but because i'd been introducing S&S I had enought to last. Otherwise I'd have had a whole weekend with no choc - would have been a nightmare for me tbh as I normally have 18-19 choc a week.

Thanks all.

I've had my sulk and as of yet just water. I'll have only the the one shake this evening and then tomorrow I'll just get back to it with 2 shakes a day.

Has anyone tried making the chocolate shakes with hot water and coffee? I'm just thinking of a way to have a warm meal.

It's only a week - I'm sure I can cope. Next weeks soup wil taste even better. :)

Haha. Grown men crying over Cup-a-Soups - whatever next!

I tried it hot and it was vile but I know some people like it.

Its a good thing you can rant! - everyone on here understands better than "outsiders" I'm sure.

I do have my shakes hot (except the strawberry) - I personally prefer to add them to hot water and it makes me think I am having a "meal" - I expecially like the hot chocolate as, and I know this isn't the case, it makes me feel I am having something special.

My pharmacy don't stock the flapjacks - and won't order them - they had one person who had two and then never had anyone else use them so had to throw the whole box out - but they did tell me beforehand so it wasn't an issue.

Good luck and keep going - you have done so well and are inspiring many others!

I usually have chocolate hot and vanilla hot, Vanilla tastes like custard when hot yum :)
I didn't get many soups this week because he had someone in before me take all the soups but I did get a few and I am quite cross that I wasted one by making the crisps which were nice at first but after 2 or 3 I wasn't liking them.
I am also due to start refeed after next week, can't come quick enough for me, this week has been my worst yet :(

Sorry to hear you're having a bad week Jamsi. I like a bit of custard so I might try a hot one of the vanillas. Luckily I've a few shakes spare so I can afford to risk wasting the odd one without leaving myself short for the week. I assume I just ass hot water to the mix as opposeded to micing then microwaving the shake.

Hi Mr C, I usually make the vanilla or chocolate with hot water from the kettle and then give it a quick blast with the hand blender Mmmm

Hi Mr C, so sorry your pharmacy let you down... so annoying and you had every right to have a rant and a hissy fit... I would have! Its a service we are paying for after all!! Reagrding the vanilla shake hot.... mix as usual in your shaker and then microwave... less lumps and faffing that way :) enjoy! Hope you get on on though.... Lou xx

Back