Help!?!?!! What can stop this?

Violetwind

Determined
See i have a huge problem.....bingeing....

Been good all day on a really rough day in which I flooded the kitchen this morning while seeing to my youngest busted knee...broke 3 glasses....burned myself with the iron....

I made the salt and pepper chicken for tea and i made it way too spicy so that noone could eat it.....decided the best way to deal was to eat 3 packets of crisps in succession!!!!!
So stupid!!!And I have weigh in tomorrow ......

I will gain because I had 2 flexisynned days due to a birthday party and a day out.

But how do I break this cycle of big time blowouts?

You've recognised you binged after a bad day so your part way there. Firstly dont worry about weigh in, three packets of crisps wont make much difference overnight! Draw a line and move on. Next time you feel stressed get out of the kitchen/away from temptation. Could you maybe avoid having trigger/comfort foods in the house? Its meant to be we want things like crisps when stressed cos theyre crunchy and we want to crunch the stess so to speak!

That makes a lot of sense....i know i have to find an alternative method ti deal with it. A lot of the time with 2 wee ones in the house its quicker just to give in...i need to get something else to pour that into cos its spiralling out of control :-(

I know how you feel I have a toddler and being so tired looking after her I just crack sometimes and it's like I can't stop. Aaaargh it sucks. X

agree with Mrs CC find another way of busting stress!! could you even swap those crisps for low syn ones? like french fries? 3 packs of them would still onl;y be 13.5 syns! or carrot sticks? superfree!! (i buy bags of pre packed carrot batons..also great with dip!) but even better go for a walk, get out of the house, even just round the block, get some air and some new perspective! 3 packs of crisps is not going to stop you being stressed...prob just even more so as u r now worried about WI, so getting out is a good way to destress, then come home and start again!! i know its hard with kids, i have 4, (9yo, 4yo, 2yo &1yo) so i do get its hard, but stick em in the buggy if they are that young or stick their shoes on and just walk down the road, 5-10 mins thats all u need!
also for times when dinner goes wrong, keep soem emergency fast food in! pasta n sauces, fat free noodles, packs of rice.. chuck in some S/F and chunks of chicken (which takes hardly any time at all to cook) and you have a filling meal! xxx

See i have a huge problem.....bingeing....

Been good all day on a really rough day in which I flooded the kitchen this morning while seeing to my youngest busted knee...broke 3 glasses....burned myself with the iron....

I made the salt and pepper chicken for tea and i made it way too spicy so that noone could eat it.....decided the best way to deal was to eat 3 packets of crisps in succession!!!!!
So stupid!!!And I have weigh in tomorrow ......

I will gain because I had 2 flexisynned days due to a birthday party and a day out.

But how do I break this cycle of big time blowouts?

One week I'd worked really hard at eating all the right things etc but at the weigh-in I found I hadn't lost an ounce. I was so miffed at that result that the following weekend at a family lunch I ate all I wanted and had 2 Scotch & cokes. I was gob-smacked when three days later I was weighed at my SW meeting and found I'd lost a pound. So a little 'fall from grace' now and then isn't the end of the world. And it sure does sort out any momentary emotional problem. lol lol. Just like stamping your foot when you were a kid. Ha ha. Seriously though, if it happens again you can always get back on track the next day.

soapy x

We all have days like this.... you wouldn't be normal if you didn't

can only agree with the other posters.... forget the day, keep emergency food - maybe a really nice dish that you've made before, double the quantities, and freeze it.

How about chucking some music on, or a fitness DVD and you and the kids have a mad half hour?? P

Please don't fret

Guys thanks so much for all your advice. was seriously contemplating not going but i think i will now, get it over with and move on!

Thanks everyone :)

I stayed the same!!! Delighted I went now. Thanks again for all the support x

There you are. No damage done. We're all in this together and sharing our concerns sure does help on difficult days.

soapy x

I have a store of Mullerlight Yogurts in the fridge so if I "need" some thing I grab one of them!If you need a quick meals than make Spaghetti Carbonara it only takes 10 mins.......recipe via link below
Pete

Back