Help what have I done wrong

Brits1

So I have been on slimming world.for 3 weeks...first week lost 3.5lb second week lost 4lb..third week 0.5lb...I haven't done anything diffently so how come such a small weight loss..I am 16 stone 7lb and want to get down to 14 stone so it's not because I am.close toy goal weight...feeling a little disheartened

You haven't done anything wrong, it's just the way it goes sometimes. It could be down to a myriad of things, too much salt the day before, water retention, TOTM etc. Over the next few weeks and months you will probably start to see patterns, then sts, small losses and gains become easier to accept as you know what's caused it.

And, don't be so hard on yourself. If someone had said to you three weeks ago ' follow this diet and you will be 8lb lighter' you would have said 'wow that's great'. If that same person said to you 'ah but you will lose 3.5, 4 and then 0.5'. I'm guessing your reply would have been 'Thats ok 8lb is great overall'. And it is! Just keep up what you are doing and the weight will sort itself out.

As long as I am lower at the end of the month than the beginning then I am happy. Because all I expect and hope for is a downward trend.

Good luck for next weeks weigh in

You haven't done anything wrong, it's just the way it goes sometimes. It could be down to a myriad of things, too much salt the day before, water retention, TOTM etc. Over the next few weeks and months you will probably start to see patterns, then sts, small losses and gains become easier to accept as you know what's caused it.

And, don't be so hard on yourself. If someone had said to you three weeks ago ' follow this diet and you will be 8lb lighter' you would have said 'wow that's great'. If that same person said to you 'ah but you will lose 3.5, 4 and then 0.5'. I'm guessing your reply would have been 'Thats ok 8lb is great overall'. And it is! Just keep up what you are doing and the weight will sort itself out.

As long as I am lower at the end of the month than the beginning then I am happy. Because all I expect and hope for is a downward trend.

Good luck for next weeks weigh in
Cheers Blue Smartie...I was discourage for a bit...but as you have said 8lb in 3 weeks is a good loss...and its not a gain...and I like your philosophy...lighter by the end of each month is a good way too look at it...also like one I have heard many times...its not a sprint it s a marathon... doesn't matter what the time is as long as you finish the race.

Firstly, congratulations on your losses so far - that's absolutely brilliant!

I had something similar happen to me at the start, and my consultant was able to look at my food diary and tell me that I wasn't eating enough that week. I had been sick for two days, so didn't really have any main meals, I barely touched my syns. For the next week, I made sure I ate plenty, lots of speed foods and I went back to having good losses.

Are you able to post your food diary or show your consultant? They might be able to help you out.

BUUUT! Don't be discouraged! You have done fantastically well so far - just keep sticking with it and as bluesmartie says, as the weeks go by, these little losses or STSs won't matter too much when you look at the bigger picture.

Stuck with it and slightly adjusted what I at more protien and veg and a little less cars and lost 2lb...so that's 9.5 in 4 weeks...first eating plan I have followed without being hungry in between meals...definetly going to stick with it

Back