HELP! what to have for breakfast?

slgiles

hi all, am new here and need some help. I have done SW before quite some time ago and I know the basics but i struggle for breakfast ideas. I don't like milk so cereal is out of the question, which is a shame as this would be a really easy quick option for work days. I struggle to get back into the diet as my imagination is limited. I love weekends because i know i could have a full breakfast (depending on how it is cooked etc). am not a big meat eater so this also limits me also.

all your suggestions are welcomed with open arms.

thanks in advance x

I don't like cereal in the morning as it seems to make me feel hungrier for some reason and as I have to have breakfast just after 5 am weekdays, a cooked breakfast just ain't gonna happen. I tend to make a toasted sandwich with bread from my HEb, a couple of slices of meat (to make up for no butter) with loads of lettuce followed by a banana. Only takes a couple of mins and does fill me up.

What about some fruit and yoghurt? It's simple and quick... My favourite is magic porridge, just mix your hexb porridge with a Mullerlight(or whatever yoghurt you prefer) the night before and it's ready to eat the next morn? I have move with some berries and a coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Theresca what's for breakfast thread in the main forum might be worth reading

Beans on toast always fills me up (followed by some fruit)
Bacon sandwich
Prepare a fruit salad the night before
Muller light with some chopped fruit

I struggle with breakfast too, I always find I'm hungry an hour later. There are 2 things I find easy (and yummy) to eat

One is porridge mixed with mullet yoghurt and berries (made the night before)

The 2nd is my current favourite. Pudding rice cooked in my allowance of milk and that amount again in water. Baked in the oven. I then mix it with muller yogurt and berries. A really filling breakfast, and then you still have your HEB

Many many thanks for your suggestions and ideas. What yoghurts are free foods these days. Deffo Muller light and the shape yoghurts too. Also the onken light pots. I saw the activia pouring cartons, are these not free?

Breakfast for me is toast with laughing cow with a banana or grapefruit depending how much time I have in the morning

I know you said a cooked breakfast is not an option, but omelettes are really quick and filling and you can use your hexa as cheese if you like. It takes me as long to prepare an omelette as it does to chop fruit to have with yoghurt. You can add all sorts of things to them even using up any left over veg from the night before. Sometimes if I'm really rushing and having a red day, I'll have two hifi bars or alpen lights cos I know I can have another HexB if I need one later. That one kept me going on holiday when the rest of my lot were eating pastries for breakfast. I'm also happy to admit that I have eaten cold leftovers from the night before whatever it may have been. I don't really have a problem with eating certain things at certain times of the day and am just as happy having curry for breakfast and cereal for dinner as the other way round! Maybe am just a bit odd ;-) just make sure you have something and don't leave yourself hungry otherwise you'll find yourself eating things you don't want to.

I'm really enjoying breakfast at the min which consists of fat free yogurt. Raspberries (bought frozen and put in a container to defrost overnight. Chopped up banana and 2x Alpan light fudge chocolate broken up. This for me is a healthy granola hit and is really yum! Fab for work'

smartie831 said:
I'm really enjoying breakfast at the min which consists of fat free yogurt. Raspberries (bought frozen and put in a container to defrost overnight. Chopped up banana and 2x Alpan light fudge chocolate broken up. This for me is a healthy granola hit and is really yum! Fab for work'

Sounds lovely. Will try that. Didn't think of putting them on yoghurt and fruit. I have some of the summer berries ones which would be nice too.

At work I tend to just have a mullerlight and fruit. I used to have either porridge or ryvita with laughing cow triangles but now keep my HEX for a bread roll to have with soup at lunchtime.

Hubby always has an omelette and I pre-prepare a couple of tubs of chopped up onions, mushroom and ham and leave them in the fridge ready for him to just throw in the pan in the mornings. While that's cooking he beats the eggs and adds them in. He can cook and eat the omelette in less than 10 mins which isn't too dissimilar to how long it would take to cook scrambled eggs in the microwave and toast some bread.

Back