Help! Whats safe to use?

nyssa88

Silver Member
I found out today I am definitely in ketosis after my mum gagged when I spoke to her!

What mouthwash and mouth strips are safe to use?

I'm not sure (I just brush my teeth and try not to breath on anyone)...but just wanted to say, congratulations!! You're in the easier bit now :) How long did ketosis take to get into?

I'd also like an answer to this question, as well as whether any chewing gums like the sugar free ones are OK to use (unless that's what you meant by breath strips?).

I use listerine and have done since the start. Apparantly there ae sugar free breath fresheners you can get too.

Chewing gum may take you out of ketosis - even sugar free.

By the breath strips I meant the ones that go on your tongue and melt away?

Not sure how long it took me to get into ketosis but havnt been hungry from day 1 so has been really easy for me :)

I'm just going to keep a bottle of listerine in my bag then as when my mum mentioned how bad my breath was I was to self conscious to go into any shops lol

Also make sure you're drinking enough. The ketones are more likely to be expelled in your urine if you drink more and you are less likely to have ketosis breath.

Nyssa

welcome to the boards and have a fabulous vlcd journey.

I don't use strips and only occassionally use mouthwash. Google this site for some recommendations on mouthwash as there's bound to be some threads.

I brush my teeth after 'lunch' if I'm at home, and also if I have a momentary food thought, I may also brush them - so I have that minty mouth taste. However that doesn't encourage water drinking so it depends...

I can say that it's worse at the start - and drinking your water regularly and frequently helps. Now my mouth isn't great first thing - but the rest of the day it isn't a problem.

Ali

I just try to keep a distance from people as to not offend them =) It's funny how you can't always notice your own breath.

Back