help - who goes it alone? do you succeed?

foxychic

Im desperate to get back to SW (I really miss the plan) but simply cant afford the classes.

Im getting married next April and I bought my wedding dress last week a size smaller - eekk!!

How does everyone manage 'going it alone' so to speak? Where do you get the support from? How often do you weigh? Do you keep track?

Sorry for all the questions but im deseprate to do this and lose the weight :D x

Hey hun

I'm the same, can't afford the classes, so I do it from home. There is a thread on here already full of people also doing it alone, you should have a look for it :)

I have managed really well to do it by myself. I get most of my support from this site, looking at the inspirational photos thread when I get sidetracked by thoughts of having a pizza! Most of the time I'm just motivating myself, taking photos every few weeks and measuring myself, building up a wish list of clothes I want when I get slimmer, trying on old clothes and realising they fit again :D

I keep track of my food in the food diary section and I have the app on my phone so I can always update it. I find it easier than writing it down in a notebook tbh. I weigh myself every few days, but only weigh in officially once a week. I made a tracker thing on Word that I update, it's stuck to my living room wall and I think it's cool lol. I also update my stats on here and on my ticker, and I have an app on my phone that shows me a graph and predicts my goal date :D

Hope this info was useful. Good luck! xxx

I did it myself before and lost 3 stone. Theres forum online to get support form (ie here :p) Weigh in once a week the same :) I lost track a couple of times, but doesn't everyone :)

I go it alone and am hoping to lose I have only just started but am hoping to get support from here and get back to a size 10

Hi - im a returning member

Previously lost 3stone on SW
However now i have a hubby and two children the weight has piled on again and the pennys are low

I started back at the classes and have lost 8lbs but im struggling with the ridiculous price of all the fresh food along with everyday bills to pay for the classes

The last time i left i had nearly reached target think i was 6lbs over but then i felt that i lost will power and gave up

When im at the classes i feel that i have to stick to plan or i will get shouted at if i gain i know it sounds silly but thats my thoughts

I was hoping to leave the classes and go at it alone as i have found a few recipies and sites which are very helpful

If anyone has any tips or recipies they could give me i would greatly appreciate it!

Also which plan works out the easiest, most effective and cheap

Thanks everyone xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya, I do it at home and have lost 4 stone 3lbs so far. I was at target last year then put on a lot (a lot, lot lot) of weight in pregnancy. I've got 1 stone 7lbs left to lose to get back to target (hopefully before my little ones 1st birthday) and I am soooo determined.
Keep focussed on the wedding - you can do this! Get yourself a ticker and work out percentage of weight lost/still to lose - just little things like that keep me going! :)
I cannot tell you how much fitter and healthier I feel compared to 8 months ago and I'm not even back at target yet.
Best of luck. x

I decided to stop going to class & do it alone at home. I've lost more than when I was at class.

I do miss image therapy & my helpful C but I get PLENTY of support on here & you'll find all the info you need.

I keep my own food diary & weigh once a week.

There's often a challenge going (Feb is the current one) to motivate you if you need the extra nudge.

Hi

I started going alone as didn't like my class so it was a waste of money. I feel better doing it myself as I can loose weight slowly and not feel guilty about having to pay for classes. I haven't had to compromise my lifestyle too much (have splurge once a week) and Iv started exercising which is good motivation to stay on plan.

I get my support from here (lurked more than posted until recently), I weigh in every monday morning (have a chart on the back of bathroom cupboard to write down loss or gains) and I keep track of hex/syns either in my phone or on a scrap of paper stuck to the fridge.

This is good to hear! I'm am trying to lose some weight without spending too much extra money so am going to try it at home and see how I get on with it before spending money on classes... Good luck!

Back