Help!! Why have I stopped loosing weight?

Sarahdramateacher

Hello all,

Please can someone hep! Iv been on the Cambridge diet - on sole source - for 5 weeks. (9lb loss week 1, 4lb week 2, 6lb week 3, 4lb week 4 and 2lb week five - 25lb loss in total) but all of a sudden its just stopped?

Iv not changed anything, haven't cheated and have continued exactly as instructed!

,can someone help an suggest a way to continue weight loss?

Thank you so much,

Sarah

Hey Sarah, is it just this week you've not lost weight? If it is don't worry about it too much, you're body is probably just getting used to the weight loss and trying to hold on to the weight. I'm sure you'll see a loss by your next weigh-in.

Pardon me for asking, but are you at...that time of the month? In the days leading up to, and over your period you get water retention, and a lot of people find they even put on weight during this time (usually 2-5lbs) that they will then lose afterwards. If so one idea is to not weigh in that week, or prepare for what might be on the scales and understand that it's just that darn mother nature, lol.

If it's not that some people find that they might need a little boost and aid their weight loss with supplements. Personally I would wait until your next weigh in before you take any action, it could just be a fluke, especially if you're following the plan properly! :bighug:

xx

Well I was on ladies week the week before my weigh in (from Tuesday-Sunday and weighed in on Monday) so would that have effected the weight loss?! And then this week I just seem to have not moved?! It feels rubbish as I'm putting so much effort in to loose and it doesn't feel worth just the 1lb (if any!) loss! I think your right, I'll go for my weigh in on Monday and fingers crossed :-(.

Thank you!

Hi there.
When that's happened to me in the past it's been due to water retention - it can be so disheartening and can really impact motivation! But then I'd suddenly drop again. I'm sure as you're doing everything right then it will drop again for you very soon. Good luck!

Thank you all so much for the support!! I will keep you updated!! I kind of just feel like its a lot of effort (like missing social events, meals... WINE!!!) for only 1lb ect :-(
Xx

Hope your weigh-in goes well Sarah, and also, try not to think of it as only 1lb! 1lb is a full bag of sugar and it all adds up :) After all, 1lb loss is much better than any gain x

Hello!!

Miraculously I lost 5lb! So I was really pleased... I must have been having a stress and got myself worked up about my scales at home! That's the last time I will be looking on my scales!
Thank you so much for your encouragement!

Back