Help with a roast needed!

What sort of roast are you doing? If you do the joint/chicken in a roasting bag it will help to infuse the flavours: If it's chicken you can put 1/2 a lemon or onion in the cavity and cover with mixed herbs, if it's pork you can coat in herbs, for lamb you can cut slits into the joint and insert slithers of garlic then top with rosemary, for beef you can marinade in a small amount of red wine overnight.

I hope that helps a bit

Cant help with the meat im afraid as far as chuck it in a slow cooker and hope for the best im hopeless with meat.

Roasties done SW style are awesome. Chop up your peeled pots and boil them for a few minutes just until the edges start to turn white. I usually say 5 minutes for a big pan after they start to boil. Drain them and let them dry for a second. Chuck them back in the pan and with a lid or plate on top shake them to fluff the edges up. Spray a non-stick roasting dish with some fry light and add potatoes, I wouldnt over crowd the tin. Make up some chicken stock and pour into the dish (not over the top of pots) to around 1/2 way up the pots and spray the tops with some fry light. Chuck them in the oven at around 180 for 45 min checking once or twice to respray. These are deeeelicious and my family prefer them more to normal ones. I wouldnt make them huge just a nice size roastie.

For gravy I have started adding some chopped onions and chopped carrots to a pan with a beef or chicken stock cube and boil for ages until all soft then blend till smooth. I can use this but everyone else prefers the good full fat stuff lol.

If your having lamb then colemans do a no added sugar mint sauce that is free. Yorkies I haven't mastered yet tbh so usually just syn em.

Good luck and happy easter

xx

will def try the roasties this way i always do them in the fry light but havnt tried them with the chicken stock, thank you for the info. x

just done my roasties with the chicken stock i have to say they were delicious, i am converted now to making them this way thank you again. xx

Back