Help with Diarrhoea!

Lynzi G

Hi All,

Fed up this evening. Had an upset stomach a couple of days ago which I thought I'd got over but no I'm running to the toilet again with diarrhoea. I've managed to find some imodium to take, but not impressed :-(
Was settling into the diet but now this. I'm struggling at work as most of my day is spent out and about. Left work early Friday as felt sick/ weak because of these side effects.
Does anyone know how long this will last? Don't want to give up do soon!
Please help :-(

It's usually the other way with this diet. You usually only get the toilet a few times a week. It could be the change of vitamins since the shakes are packed with them especially of you don't consume as much as your having now. However I think you should go to your dr. I don't think it is the diet. And I know it's getting you down but you might have a amazing weight loss with it. Still it's unhealthy so if it does not go away in a couple of days get a emergency appointment.

Thanks Sam but I do think it's the shakes as I'm ok until it's time to go, if you know what I mean.
It's not a constant thing, every couple of days seems to be. Was ok all weekend then happened again last nigh, but had imodium to hand and it worked. Surely a bug would be ongoing.
Going for my weigh in on wed so will let the pharmacist know :)

This is going to sound a bit gross but has the amount you have been pooping about the same as the milkshakes you have taken in? Sometimes you get can get runny poop coming with lots of wind and it feels like lots is coming out but you can actually be constipated at the same time, the diarrhoea is just when there is a blockage and it forces its way round. You often get stomach cramps or stabby pains to the left of the belly button if it's constipation too.

If you keep getting this it might sound strange but try leaving the imodium well alone and take a laxative or fibre clear and see if it helps.

Linzielegs said:
This is going to sound a bit gross but has the amount you have been pooping about the same as the milkshakes you have taken in? Sometimes you get can get runny poop coming with lots of wind and it feels like lots is coming out but you can actually be constipated at the same time, the diarrhoea is just when there is a blockage and it forces its way round. You often get stomach cramps or stabby pains to the left of the belly button if it's constipation too.

If you keep getting this it might sound strange but try leaving the imodium well alone and take a laxative or fibre clear and see if it helps.

Hope your ok soon xx

Back