Help with MILK please

Sprinkles

Hi everyone, I really struggle with my milk control - I like tea, so splash a dollop in and think that its not much. I cannot measure an amount into a jug and use it all day because I'm either going to work or out visiting friends or doing something. Does anyone have any tips of how best to ensure I don't go over my milk quota, or any ingenious storage ideas whilst on the move.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Why can't you measure your milk allowance and take it with you? I do this every day and just put it in either a tupperware jug, a mini flask or an old juice bottle. Otherwise you could have fruit or herbal teas that don't need milk and just use your milk at home :)

I would suggest measuring it out first thing in the morning & putting in a thermos flask, I think we forget a thermos can be used to keep food warm or cold. Or You could get a bag shaped cool bag & put a small bottle with measured milk in.

IMO you're best doing something like this than not doing anything at all, by guessing you could be having too much & therefore syns you don't realise your having.

I have never measured my milk since starting SW. I have a very large mug (3/4 pint) and have about 5 a day, breakfast in the morning so prob have alot more than the required amount.
But I don't retain calcium due to illness and so need to keep my milk up but I have still lost weight most weeks and have lost nearly 5 stone in 15 months.

cyberjelly said:
I have never measured my milk since starting SW. I have a very large mug (3/4 pint) and have about 5 a day, breakfast in the morning so prob have alot more than the required amount.
But I don't retain calcium due to illness and so need to keep my milk up but I have still lost weight most weeks and have lost nearly 5 stone in 15 months.

Do you take vitamin D supplements too? They help with calcium. You can also get lots of calcium from sardines/pilchards which are free. If you increase these foods you won't need so much milk. Remember milk is designed to get a calf to full size cow!

I measure my milk out in a jug every morning and if its gone then i do have a sneaky cuppa in the evening watching t.v if i fancy it however i never use all my syns everyday so i know i am covered as the evening cuppa is only a little dollop, If i did use all my syns on that particular day i would be more careful in having that sneaky cuppa, I defiantly agree with measuring it out into a flask or jug, Its very easy to go over x

I measure my milk, it goes in one of these, with a blank lid instead of the sports sippy lid:

350ml_one_little_green_bottle_5_.jpg

and then it's the only milk I touch. family knows if they make me a cuppa, they have to use my flask for me and the carton for themselves lol.

I used to measure my milk out daily, but as I only use skimmed milk, I dont like the taste of semi or whole, 375mls would last me for days, I now SYN the small amount that I use on a daily basis, usually only one cup, maybe two if we are out and about. At other times I drink the fruit 'teas' so dont need milk.

I changed my HxA to Alpro Light soya as you can have 500mls a day or Alpro Almond Milk 450mls a day so I dont have to worry about measuring for coffees all day. It's a lot of milk!

Me too, I use Kara, you get 450ml a day and tbh even if I go over by a bit (which isnt likely) it isn't going to be more than 1-2 syns worth, its not gonna break the bank :)

I do measure when at home, but when I'm at work I know I get 5/6 cuppas out of my allowance, I counted them one day lol so I never go over 5 cups if I forgot to measure before work. Or do like everyone else said and change to the soya milks so you can get more.

I've started measuring now, but would love to get one of those little green bottles, especially for carrying around when I'm at work. I'm also going to count how many I get out of it lol then when I can guess it if god forbid I forget my precious white nectar lol

Morrisons do a tiny bottle of milk which is 250ml of semi skimmed you could get one of them and reuse or just buy enough for the week.

I am at target but still measure my milk everyday. I keep it in a little bottle in the fridge. And as I normally do red or green days, I can double it up if I really want to to make my 2 heas. Lush

Back