Extra Easy SP Help with SP days for vegetarian

Hi all. I'm new to slimming world and have joined up online. I have an event on Friday so was thinking of trying a few SP days before then. However, in struggling to get my head around it. I'm vegetarian so meat and two speed veg is out.

To do an SP day does absolutely everything have to be either a S or a P food? Does Greek yogurt (high protein) count even if it's not labeled P?

Does anyone have any vegetarian recipe ideas?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.
Thanks so much!

Beans and pulses. For sure! Eggs reluctantly and I only eat veggie sausages for meat replacements. I am not sure if the sausages I have (Cauldron Lincolnshire) are a P source. I can just see myself falling into a beans cooked in a fresh tomato sauce rut!

Breakfast is tough too, unless I count Total 0% as a P, which I think I will do!

Also slightly confused regarding syns. Can you eat anything for syns? Or should I be aiming for syns that are high in protein likea cheese(I tend to use my HeA on milk)?

I'm no expert on SP (I do the old green days, which seem to work well for me) so not sure what the official line is on Syns on SP.

What about curries - with lentils, or chick peas? Sweet potato is lovely baked, and I seem to recall it was OK on SP?

Sweet potatoes are a no, but curries are a great idea. Thank you. Just found that weight watchers pitta are a HeB too which I think might save me!

Ive been kind thinking about trying this as well for the next week or so. I joined last week (Thurs so tomorrow is my first week WI) and she didnt really go over the SP plan. Im a little confused on it but would love to try it this coming week!. Not sure what you're supposed to do re HEX allowances and syns. And can you incorporate your HEX allowance choices into your meals or does it have to all be kept seperately?!

I eat eggs (although, actually its mainly Two Chicks cartons of eggs whites. because i hate digging yucky bits outta full eggs. gag) and beans, lentils, pulses are all a yes too. So is quorn chicken pieces (but not a huge fan of much else meat-replacement wise. the peppered steaks are ok at a push and i do like the frankfurters but not sure if they'd count?!)

Id like to find the definitive guide to SP for vegetarians. If one actually exists! lol

I've attempted an SP day today. Had celery and cottage cheese for breakfast (weird as hell, not doing that again! ), butterbeans and spinach in spicy tomato sauce for lunch and chickpeas, pepper, aubergine and courgette in tomato with feta on top with two weight watchers pitta for tea.

If I do this again I'm just going to use my HeA and HeB at breakfast and have porridge or toast with Philly instead..

Btw Beelishy, how have you found the first week? Good luck at weight in tomorrow. I'm only on week two so fairly new too

Ive been doing ok - I think! haha.

Food sounds good. Im going to try SP i think and will ask properly tomorrow. So tomorrow ill have arla protein pot with fruit in the morning, and then lunch will have either a quorn frankfurter with a slice of wholemeal bread and tomatoes and pickles...or eggs and quorn bacon with tomatoes and salad and then dinner..not sure yet. lol. maybe portabello mushroom "burger" with lettuce and tomato on and some swede chips (if swede is allowed, if not then will have roasted sprouts).

So is it 2 HexA and 2 Hex B as well? Confusing and seems like a lot of food! lol

Thank you for mentioning swede. Today's tea was cauldron sausages, beans and swede mash (with my HeA of cheddar). Lush!!

I am also a veggie and did my first SP day a few days ago... (Don't know if it's right!). I seemed to eat loads and loads! Much more than normal.

Breakfast -
Fruit salad and total 0% Greek yogurt

Snack -
Slimming world recipe houmous with carrot and courgette sticks

Lunch -
Mixed bean and avocado (syns) salad

Dinner -
Rye bread with eggs and grilled yellow pepper & mushrooms

Back