Help with syn value; Homemade Butternut Squash Soup - so lush it must be bad for you!

My boyfriend just made me butternut squash and garlic soup for tea, it was absolutely lush but i want to check i've worked the syns out right before i make a vat of it to freeze for the winter....
He cut the Butternut Squash (SF) in half, removed the seeds, and put a whole bulb of Garlic (SF) - individual peeled cloves - in the hole. Roasted it in the oven for an hour, peeled it, then liquidised it in the blender with 200ml reduced fat creme fraiche (17 syns total) and a splash of skimmed milk (from HexA) seasoned with salt, pepper and some lazy red chili (pickled in vinegar) and then heated in a pan when ready to serve....
This made 3 decent portions so i worked it out at 6 syns each.... Am i right?
Sorry for the in depth post but only started SW sunday and still finding my feet, discovered yesterday that mushing banana makes them synful so wanted to check all ingredients and ways of cooking.
Appreciate any help please.

The rules of cooking and mashing only apply to fruit, not veg so yes as long as the syns for the creme fraiche are correct that is the right amount. Sounds delicious! Enjoy x

That does sound delish - BNS is my most favourite thing lately (usually just roasted).

Depending on the amount of milk (splash is so subjective), you should really consider syn'ing or ignoring it. It may have come out of your HEa allowance but you'd have to eat the whole batch on the same day for it to actually count as part of your HEa - - - - HEx can't be carried over.

Otherwise, it looks like you've got the syns correct but next time why not try fat-free fromage frais and make it totally free :D

You don't syn any veg, whichever way it's eaten (raw, boiled, grilled, fried etc) as long as you don't use oil, butter etc. Fry Light is free & works well for roasted veg or 'frying'.

Sticking to the plan, any fruit that is cooked (in any way) or mashed / puree'd etc has to be syn'd. Just slicing or dicing is ok though.

Good luck.

I'm excited! Love garlic and love butternut squash :-D Thanks for the help.
Have already suggested the fromage frais substitute - don't think he likes me interferring with his cooking(!) so i'm gonna try it out Sunday, will let you know how it goes! Xx

Back