HELP worried and need kitten advice

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Dancing, 6 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Can anyone help?

My kitten, Didge vomited a little yesterday - just liquid. Seemed to bounce back and this morning I gave him a different type of food - probably not a good idea.

Sometime in the past 3 hours he was QUITE sick, vomitted quite alot of food up and it was quite dry but not real dry.

He hasn't been going to the toilet much lately either. Before he and his brother went to the vet on Wednesday to get castrated, they used to produce quite alot of poo in a day! Now, not so much. They both seemed fine on Thursday and Friday but now I'm worried.

Didge will not purr today. I tried to get him to eat one of his treats but not interested. Really would like him to drink some water but he won't.

How long should I worry for?

Don't want to take him to the vet unnecessarily (costs alot but of course if that is what he needs, money isn't an issue ... just don't want to pay out when there is no need to).

Now he has got off the bed and gone to a darker area of the room (oooooh. is he ok?)

Perhaps he just feels poorly after a change in diet and wants to sleep it off but my fussing is stopping him doing that???
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

he has just been retching (sp?) again - little bit came up. It isn't like fur ball retching.

How do I get water into him?
  4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

keto is now playing near him and didge is sitting up watching ... an improvement. So plain dry food for them for a few days I think and all should be okay ... as long as he starts drinking water soon.
  5. hanloje

hanloje Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    May just be the anaesthetic working it's way through his system they may have responded differently, just make sure there's fresh water down and maybe give him wet food if you don't usually there's a lot of water in that so that'll help, fingers crossed he's better soon.
  6. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Weight Watchers
    I would say if he isnt drinking properly within a few hours a call to the vet would be advisable, they will advise you of ways to gte his drinking or tell you to take him in, they dont mind worried owners ringing up and better to be safe than sorry. Hope he is improving :D
  7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks - i ended up phoning the emergency vet. I managed to get some water into didge. At 5pm he purred his first purr in hours. He then drank some water on his own.

Today he is back to normal! Phew
  8. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and Save
    Only just seen this ... glad to hear he's ok. Think it might have been effects of anaesthetic.

If mine won't drink, I use tuna water - spring water not brine ... and that normally gets them to drink.
  9. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Sorry to hear he's been poorly - not been around for a few days so have only just read this. Glad he's ok now - and great tip for the tuna water!!! While I was away OH had to take Lenny to the vet - he'd been fighting apparnetly and had got an infected abcess on his paw. He's been on antibiotics and painkillers and is much perkier now! But it is expensive!

Carol x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.