Help!!!!

Molly7917

I know this may sound like iam giving up but iam soooooo not. Im going to manchester tomorrow for my cousins 21st and i thought we were just visiting her but i have now been told that a meal has been booked. Ive been ded upset about it all day as i dont really wanna go coz i dont wanna fail and my mum has suggested a salad. Do you think it will be bad to have this? Oh btw im in week 1 :sigh:

It will set you back to square 1, day 1. If you're okay with that (because you've only been on it a week) then that's your business, no-one elses. Just be aware that many people (though not all) find it difficult to start the program a second time, regardless of how long (or short) they've been on the program.

Yes i agree John, but i feel really bad about it as i will only be on day 3. Dont really understand the ketones yet! Dont know what to do was thinking maybe a peice of fish and salad!

I know this may sound like iam giving up but iam soooooo not. Im going to manchester tomorrow for my cousins 21st and i thought we were just visiting her but i have now been told that a meal has been booked. Ive been ded upset about it all day as i dont really wanna go coz i dont wanna fail and my mum has suggested a salad. Do you think it will be bad to have this? Oh btw im in week 1 :sigh:

If i was you, i personally wouldn't but that's my opinion. At the end of the day you have to do what's best for you. If you did eat would you beat yourself up afterwards, i know i would?! Stay strong and go with your gut feeling, don't feel like you are under pressure to eat.
X

I agree with Slinky, you are so close to ketosis it would be a pain to have to go back to square one but I understand that your mum is being persuasive. I would try and hold out and stick to sparkling water but if you really have to then stick to plain lean protein and a little salad. I must admit if it were me I wouldn't eat but then I'm a stubborn old goat!!!!!

Good luck, I hope all goes well.

x

I would go along and make up an excuse like an upset tummy and tell people your not hungry before you know it the meal will be over and you can relax and drink lots of water. If you smoke go and have a cig when food arrives even if you dont smoke go and have one lol. As previous people have said it would be a shame to set yourself back after getting to day 3 as you are so close to ketosis and i think the 1st 3 days are probably the worst. This is a good test for you because there will always be something that comes up to throw you off, its just how you handle it. Whatever you decide good luck with it and dont beat yourself up over it.

As everyone else has stated dont do it, its not worth it and believe me to start it over again its going to be extra hard. Why dont ya miss the meal, make an excuse to why ya cant join them and then meet them afterwards. Ya are so close to be being in ketosis now and to ruin it all on a meal would not be good but the decision lies with yourself.

Do you think it will be bad to have this? Oh btw im in week 1 :sigh:

I don't think fish and salad is going to be bad...you'll just have to start again with the food packs the next day just as you did when you began the vlcd in the first place...it isn't going to make you gain weight (it will slow weight loss down though as you have to get back into ketosis again)...

I didn't have to come off the sole source when I did it, so I didn't have the social pressure, but a lot of people in my group seemed to manage...others didn't...it is up to you, if you think you can restart with no hitch then eat the one meal...if not then rethink and maybe just explain you cannot partake of the meal...but will join in chatting, etc...

Back