Helped by virtual gastric band

debbie12slim

Silver Member
Well back here again after being off for several weeks, came off the diet completely after my Ruby wedding party, and yes gained the weight back, up to 15.2 stone so will amend my sticker after this post. I have approached this attempt in a massively different way and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will work. 1st week is promising. On Friday June the 1st I went to see a hypnotist for the virtual gastric band. It is over 4 sessions and first session was questions on diet and likes and dislikes. She put me under, I weighed in at 15.2. I weighed myself this morning and weighed 14.7. I am still on the exante products but I have no cravings whatsoever. I am back there tomorrow where I will go under and meet the surgeon and have the band fitted (double appointment). I was quite sceptical initially but the results of week 1 are changing my opinion. Will update in the week to let you all know how the band is getting on. :D

Well back here again after being off for several weeks, came off the diet completely after my Ruby wedding party, and yes gained the weight back, up to 15.2 stone so will amend my sticker after this post. I have approached this attempt in a massively different way and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will work. 1st week is promising. On Friday June the 1st I went to see a hypnotist for the virtual gastric band. It is over 4 sessions and first session was questions on diet and likes and dislikes. She put me under, I weighed in at 15.2. I weighed myself this morning and weighed 14.7. I am still on the exante products but I have no cravings whatsoever. I am back there tomorrow where I will go under and meet the surgeon and have the band fitted (double appointment). I was quite sceptical initially but the results of week 1 are changing my opinion. Will update in the week to let you all know how the band is getting on. :D

Oh that is interesting! I have always said I would like to try being hypnotised to see if it helped.. I wonder if anyone in my area does it! Looking forward to your updates xx

I’m so skeptical. I have so many questions and doubts but hear loads of success stories. It’s so confusing. I really hope it works for you. Would love to hear more about it.

This sounds so interesting!
You say you're going to see a surgeon and get the band fitted, are you getting an actual band or is this part of the hypnosis?

Hi it is a virtual surgeon and gastric band, I have now had this fitted and can only manage small meals, it is funny how the mind works, I no longer think about food, the cravings have vanished.

That's amazing! How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Chelly it varies so need to shop around. I paid £275 but some places charge £800. I just googled "virtual gastric band hypnotherapy" and the area where I lived and checked out websites which have reviews and prices.

That sounds great! Please keep us updated about how you're going!

I tried this some years ago and was unhypnotiseable. Luckily because he couldn't put me under he didn't charge me.

It's good to hear this has been a success. I looked up places near me and found a man who said he didn't do gastric band hypnosis but something similar.

I went along and he was trying to teach me Buyteko (sp) breathing technique. He had me walking around outside his house following him with my finger under my nose and not allowing me to breathe through my mouth, I was mortified and hoped nobody could see us.

Then he gave me a textbook on the method and an A4 sheet of typed instructions which told me to do oil pulling every morning for 20 minutes and then tape my mouth shut with micropore tape at night and give thanks! To add insult to injury he charged me £75 and didn't have a fiver on him to give me change.

It's been just one of many moments in my life when I thought how the heck did I get into this? Lol.

Glad it's working for you, just thought I'd share it with youse for the laugh.

Back