Herbal teas

MissSmileyBrunette

Silver Member
Hiya all. Im on day two and was just wondering whether all herbal teas can be drunk freely?

I love fennel, camomile and peppermint. Really helps with water consumption.

Thanks
:)

No not all. I think the line is all leaf teas are ok but definitely not fruit teas. There are a couple I'm unsure of though, one if them being licorice which I love but is a root, and the other being fennel that you mention although I'm pretty sure being a vegetable it would be fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks. I found a post on mimimins that theyre ok. Try Fennel it's great got an aniseedy licorishy flavour. Great.

I love decaf tea and decaf coffee too. Am presuming decaf tea and coffee is ok. Trying to ease up on the caffine especially as i read it can be harder to get into ketosis with caffine.

Not keen on decaf anything really. I have a couple of really strong black coffees a day, doesn't seem to do any harm, I'd love a normal cup of tea but don't want to risk putting milk in it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was under the impression that camomile wasn't allowed because it's a flower, not leaves. Peppermint is definitely fine.

Ah yes i cant seem to bring myself to drink black tea or coffee.

As im only on day two i dont want to risk going into ketosis taking longer. Once im in it i may need coffee. Lol. So tired but thats more due to early mornings than SnS. Lol

yeah chamomile might not be ok but the others are. I love nettle tea! underrated!

I run off caffeine and yes it possibly can affect getting into ketosis for some, dont think it has for me but anything that you are happy with that gets you there quicker is good!

I drink green tea and peppermint and they seem to be ok?

No flower or fruit teas but herbal tea is fine- camomile is a flower though, so not ok. Fennel, peppermint, nettle, ginger are all ok, just make sure they don't have citric acid in- some have it added in as a stabiliser or flavour enhancer, including twinnings.

No flower or fruit teas but herbal tea is fine- camomile is a flower though, so not ok. Fennel, peppermint, nettle, ginger are all ok, just make sure they don't have citric acid in- some have it added in as a stabiliser or flavour enhancer, including twinnings.

Thanks. I didnt think about the citric acid. The twinnings i have just say 100% fennel or whatever herb. Should be ok i hope

I found drinking green tea has made me nauseous a couple of times, apparently the antioxidants were annoyed at the ketones or something like that!

I work in a foodie place that does nice tea and coffee too and we have this nettle and peppermint tea which I think its amazing! I wasnt really keen on peppermint before as its quite..well, minty! but the nettle really compliments it, I let it stew for ages and its just lovely and mellow. But thats my taste as Im not keen on the tannin flavour you get from most tea.
Nettle is also good for your liver!

roibos is a good bedtime tea drink, its also decaf -naturally

Any idea if liquorice is ok?

I bought a Twinings pack the other day which is absolutely gorgeous - Butter Mint Sensation. It tastes like humbugs :) I asked on the S&S website and they confirmed it's ok to drink, just not to go overboard as it has 0.3g of carbs per 100ml. It's a really nice treat!

Has anyone tried Teapigs? Not cheap but really nice.

Back