Herbed Pork Fillet with Veg

skinnymini2be

Hi all,

we had his last night for dinner and it was sooo very tasty! Thought I'd share it with you all as its about 10 PP per serving (I think)

Serves 4:

• 3 medium parsnips , peeled and quartered lengthways (6PP)
  • 1 butternut squash (about 650g/1lb 7oz), peeled, seeded and cut into chunks(0PP)
  • 2 Sweet Potato cut into chunks (8PP)
  • 2 red onions , each cut into 8 wedges(0PP)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil(3PP)
  • grated zest of 1 lemon
  • 2 tsp pork seasoning or dried mixed Italian herbs(1PP)
  • 400g lean pork tenderloins/ Fillet , in one or two pieces (16 PP - 4PP per serving)
  • 1 medium Bramley apple
  • 400ml hot chicken stock(1PP)

method_hdr.gif

1. Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas 6/fan 180C. Put all the vegetables into a roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss everything together.
  2. On a plate, mix together the lemon zest and pork seasoning or herbs (I used both). Roll the pork tenderloin in the mixture, then put it on top of the vegetables. Roast for 40 minutes.
  3. Peel and core the apple and cut it into chunks. Scatter the pieces into the roasting tin, then pour in the hot stock and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Slice the pork, arrange on a platter with the veg, then spoon the pan juices on top.
Nutrition per Serving:
397 kcalories, protein 34g, carbohydrate 45g, fat 10 g, saturated fat 2g, fibre 12g, salt 0 g

Which according to the propoints app is 10 PP

Its yummy, if you try it I hope you enjoy :eat:

This does indeed sound yummy, thanks. I am not clued up about cuts of meat, would I just ask the butcher for a pork tenderloin or a pork fillet?

Hi Ellen, you should be able to get a fillet from any supermarket or Butcher - it a long round cut of meet - very low fat and very good value. Hope it works out for you :)

Back