Here goes

Gablar

Hiya!
looking forward to hearing all your stories. I lost 4.5 stone a couple if years ago (was 16.5 down to 12) but since have just stopped and recently put in half a stone since being with my bf. really want to shift another 2 stone to get down to 10.5.
im a bridesmaid at a wedding in Italy at the end of May and the dress is a bit tight so desperate to lose a bit before then!
i find daytimes at work the hardest as just want to eat sandwiches or snacks and drink coffee!

Welcome to the forum Gablar, I'm sure, with your previous losses you'll bo ok this time, what method will you be using?

Hi Gablar, and welcome :) Treat yourself to a nice, big, jolly, fun Lunchbox. Take maybe a couple of open sandwiches, piled high with interesting mixed salad and maybe prawns or a slice of ham, depending on what weight loss programme you are following. Three bean salad in bowl on another day with crab sticks or whatever is your fancy. Fresh carrot slices, celery and apple to snack on.

Keep a nice bottle of mineral water on your desk (I love San Pellegrino, Italian sparkling and lovely stuff) and swig :7834: from that to replace some coffees. Tell colleagues, Doc has told you to cut down on coffee for your health so they don't keep topping you up, and take sweetener and skimmed milk if you have white with sugar. Or buy a nice big jolly fun Thermos flask to go with your nice, big, jolly fun Lunchbox and make your own coffee and stick to that.:coffee: Good Luck. Keep us informed on how you are getting on. Enjoy MiniMins. Lots of support. Have a good browse and find a spot you can relate to although crossover of info between different plans often inspiration and helpful

Thanks guys!
im mainly looking to cut down portions and snacking along with healthier eating and more exercise rather than a specific plan. I found before if I made lifestyle changes that helped more! Just want to get weight down before I end up putting it back on again.
thanks for the tips about work. I'm going to nip out now and top up some things for the week!! My big big downfall before was alcohol especially wine so I'm going to try and cut that out now! I love wine though :(

Hello,

I've joined Minimins today ready to start the week full of motivation and I think work will be the hardest challenge.. My plan is to not keep any change on me so I cant get tempted by the vending machine and take lunch and everything else I'll need in with me. Good luck!!!

Hi again Gablar. Chips here :) I also was drinking too much and it was directly responsible for my weight problem. It's early days for me, but a switch flicked and I stopped drinking on Monday 1st April. Weight loss was amazing first week, and I felt so much better.
After a few days I hardly thought about it, even when doing online shop. I had convinced myself I was a borderline alcoholic but for me it was a habit, as much as biting nails or wanting a ciggie at certain triggers. You, unlike me haven't got much to lose. So be kind to yourself. If you do find yourself in a social situation and want a drink, maybe have a Spritzer (white wine and soda to make a long drink) or if red is your tipple, have a glass of nice sparkling mineral water (I love Italian San Pellegrino) poured alongside your glass of red and sip alternatively. Being old and wise :cool: my other trick was to say I was on antibiotics and couldn't drink or make sure I was the designated driver. Instead of buying a big bottle of Vino, maybe buy a 18.7cl small one. Big range at about £2 a bottle. Good Luck Chips xx

Back