Here goes ....

jenbee

So I have finally decided to embark upon the biggest challenge of my life .after having tried every diet and fad going I am going to lose my weight for good. I have struggles with my weight since the age of thirteen I am now twenty nine it has taken over life for far too long.

I weigh 18 stones and 6llbs .... Disgusting yes! . It is time now to rid myself of this weight and I thought that keeping a diary on this forum would help to motivate me to do this. I literally woke up today and felt enough was enough and so I jumped straight in and have achieved my first full day without having anything "naughty".

I think it's important to recognise the reasons behind me wanting to lose weight in order to motivate me to reach my goal.

I want to lose weight because:
1) I want to be healthier and be able to play in the park with my son.
2) I want to feel attractive and attract a man who loves me and how I look.
3) I want to wear clothes from current shops and trends
4) this is the biggest reason I want to feel confident and outgoing and be comfortable in public .

I have decided to set myself small goals and so I would like to lose a stone first of all I haven't set a time limit as such because I know that I need to learn to eat healthily and so whilst doing this and picking up good habits I have to be prepared that it will not happen overnight.

I have also recognised my barriers to losing weight .... The little bad habits that creep in to sabotage my success they are:
1) I eat my feelings - when I feel down or stressed I eat to feel better (vicious circle)
2) I eat out of boredom
3) I am weak when it comes to saying no when people offer me treats
4) I eat at night when I am alone
5) I reward myself with food.
I am hoping that throughout this journey I break these barriers down and that if I am completely honest and open with myself I will be able to do that.

I just don't like how being this size feels and I want to feel good for a change ! Wish me luck !!!!!

First and foremost, Congratulations Jenbee for embarking on this new journey!

I just want to say that it takes a lot of courage and heart to share this with the world, and I am sure you can do it.

I love that you know why you want to lose the weight, and also that you are conscious of when you are most vulnerable to going back into the "vicious cycle" of eating when feeling down, stressed, or even bored.

One thing I would like to suggest, and this is more of a mental - rather than physical shift, but I would suggest accepting yourself completely first. By that I mean, instead of labeling your weight "disgusting", Accept your body and your weight for what it is. Be completely and totally "Ok" with yourself, KNOWING that you are ready for change.

I've discovered whenever we are fighting within ourselves, or judging ourselves, we tend to be much more critical and hard on ourselves making it more difficult to reach our goals. I am a lifecoach, and sometimes I notice that people subconsciously use their weight as a form of "protection" so they wont allow anyone get close enough to get hurt by them.

Another cool thing I learned recently is to use what's called the "One Command". (I did this for a recent Vegas trip and had an epic vacation!)

Basically, you can sit in a quiet spot, with your feet touching the ground, and close your eyes and imagine light filling your body, and when you are in a calm, meditative state, you just say "I dont know how I'm going to lose all this weight and live/eat healthily (or whatever it is you desire), but I only know that I do now. Thank you, I am fulfilled." And then just imagine your thoughts expanding into the Universe and it becoming your reality. Visualize what it's like to be living at your ideal weight, spending time with your son at the park, maybe even jogging or working out with him, attracting the man of your dreams into your life who loves you for who you are, and you treating yourself like the superstar you are, loving yourself and truly being your authentic self. And then just let it dissolve into the Universe, knowing that this will happen for you, and allow your dreams to come true.

In the meantime, stick to your new healthy eating habits and your exercise/workout plan, and I believe it is ok to reward yourself with your favorite foods once a week or so, because I know that when we are told we can't have something, we want it more. In time, you will begin to enjoy eating healthier foods naturally, and you can still have that burger or steak, or cheesecake every once in a while, but you'll want smaller portions.

I apologize for the long post, but I hope this helps JenBee! I have faith in you, I know you can do it! And no matter what happens, just know that you are accepted, you are loved, and you are appreciated just for being you!

Good Luck!

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan that was a really good post !!! Especially agree that I should accept myself as is this is something I am working on !!!

Day two has gone really well so far and am feeling very motivated !!!

Jen

Day two has gone very well feeling super motivated and my mood is already better just got to keep it going.may struggle tonight as am home alone and bored !
B - shake and banana
L- mackeral and veg
T- chicken salad
Ten million glasses of water .... Did have some diet coke and this is my biggest downfall I find it so hard to not drink it ! I must be addicted !

Peace out for today x

Awesome Jenbee!

Keep up the great work! And no worries about the diet coke, be gentle with yourself, and take it one day at a time.

Lots of support here! =)

Thank you!!

I haven't been able to update my diary for a couple of days mainly through laziness induced by the worlds worst cold . I am going to be honest and say that yesterday was not great as u felt so ill and just ate rubbish for tea ....having said that I am back on track today I have had a shake for breakfast soup for lunch and I am going to make a quorn chilli for tea tonight to watch the xfactor with !!!
I also got weighed this morning and I have lost 3llbs this week which I am happy with. I haven't done much exercise this week due to feeling unwell so I hope that this cold goes soon so I can do some workout DVDs. The weekend is always the test as I feel like I should have a great on a Saturday night ha this usually consists of Doritos dip chocolate and sweets (massive treat I know) so does anybody have any recipes for healthier sweet treats ??? They would be very much appreciated . The inner dialogue I have today that is keeping me motivated is "think of the Xmas do !!!" I really want to wear a size sixteen dress or outfit by then .
Well that's all for today folks and I will be back tomoro to let you know if I have survived sweet Saturday !!!
Jen x

fruit is always a good go to for me instead of sweets. ...a big bowl of berries to snack on. .... Try frozen grapes and strawberries too.... They are yum and because they are frozen you don't eat them so quickly! !

Getting through today has been hard feeling ill and wanting to eat comfort food but sitting with a hot honey and lemon instead x

stick with it, you'll soon get past the hardest part x

where are you jenbee .. ?

Back