Step 1 Sole Source Here i go again. Cant control anything else but this!

sunshineeyes

Hi all. I'm also a restarter! Lost over 9 stone before with this and lipotrim and kept off for 5 yrs but in the last 2 years( marriage, moving country, death of parent,infertility) have all attributed to me gaining back close to 4 stone(14.10) I have been diagnosed with an adrenal gland problem whereby I produce too much cortisol which is a natural steroid....what do steroids do, stop/limit your weight loss amongst lots of other symptoms.I attempted this diet last may pre diagnosis and in seven weeks of sticking meticulously to it I only lost 3lbs total.
That was soul destroying but it made me go get checked out where they found above prob and also diagnosed me with hashimotos thyroiditis(fancy name for under active thyroid). I have been on meds since may for the thyroid so theoretically it should become easier for me now to shift the lard! I also separated from my husband this week so while I feel pretty poo , this I feel is the only thing I can control at the moment. I'm 9 days in and already am down 6 lbs....it's not as much as the average loser I know but given my situ I'll take it and be happy.
Anyway, sorry for being so long winded. Hope your all doing ok and I look forward to giving and getting support! Let's do this ladies! X

Hi sunshineeyes.....welcome. Gud luck on this diet...am sure u will lose this time round as u seem to have ur medical under control....as u will know first week hard but u seem to have managed well with that aswell..can only grt easier...sry to hear about ur homelife...iv just come thru a divorce that took 2

Thanks canvas! I'm in Ireland so the process here takes 4 yrs. I'm not even thinking bout it now, just getting through each day for now. Will be here lots. Ave moved home, so living with my mum and trying to find a job so for the moment I'll be around a lot I'm sure! First week went surprisingly easy as I suppose I just slept alot(jet lag) and general burying my head in the sand but I'm up and out this week. Onwards and upwards! Can't wait to feel myself again and I know Cambridge will help that!

Will help loads as the weight drops off so quick u feel real gud. 4 years...wow! Mine took so long cos he wouldnt agree to anything. Stay strong and u will get thru this. Its an accomplishment on its own and u should feel proud uv made the decision to be happy...so many of us just stay for the sake of stayin...i did for 14 years and now wish i had the courage to do it sooner...xxx

hey sunshine
I think I remember you from a while back - where you living in Saudi or Dubai?

Sorry to hear about your Husband, I guess that must be horrendous.

I'm back on it too. So I will cheer you along!

Hey bettie.
Yup, that's me, was living in Abu dhabi. Now back home with my parents penniless trying to figure out my next move! At least it's working this time compared to last year before I was diagnosed. It's slower than most but it's literally the only thing that shifts the weight even when I'm living on rabbit food! Quite enjoying being on it at the moment although i did just eat about 6scampi fries, but im not gonna beat myself up too much. I'm 12 days in now and have lost 9lbs.
How are you getting on?

sunshineeyes said:
Hey bettie.
Yup, that's me, was living in Abu dhabi. Now back home with my parents penniless trying to figure out my next move! At least it's working this time compared to last year before I was diagnosed. It's slower than most but it's literally the only thing that shifts the weight even when I'm living on rabbit food! Quite enjoying being on it at the moment although i did just eat about 6scampi fries, but im not gonna beat myself up too much. I'm 12 days in now and have lost 9lbs.
How are you getting on?

Not great! I've got to really push it this week. I've been trying to restart for ages!

So what happened with Abu dhabi?

Ummm where to start! Basically hubby me he is not sure this is what he wants for rest of his life! Ivbeen in Ireland having treatment since April and now that they diagnosed me with hashimotos disease it was time to return back. We have planned for after Ramadan but I got an email saying he likes living on his own, being his own boss etc etc, he has problems with depression and drink which made it tough! He didn't want to finish it....so he says but he just didn't know what he wanted, we have been together 8 years and married for almost 3. When he told me how he felt I told him it wasn't fair to me as I'm completely in limbo the last 6 months. I asked him to take some time and decide whether he wanted to try(he is having therapy) and get back to the happier us. I guess my gaining weight and not knowing why caused a strain too.
After a week I spoke to him and he said he knows he will regret it if he leaves but he likes living alone and is terrified that the aggro will start again!
I felt I had no choice but to walk away, he couldn't say he wanted to be with me forever and that spoke volumes. Despite his problems I wanted to be with him but he can't even muster the strength to try. Hardest decision Iv made in my life but I want someone who wants me not just part time!
This oly happened last Monday so it's still verrry fresh and I cry most days, it's like a death. I'm grieving for me, him, us,my best friend the life we had planned together, kids etc and now I have nothing. I know that sounds very dramatic and of course I have a hugely supportive family, but I have no job, no money and feeling pretty sh1t! I gave up 3 jobs and moved to 2 different countries for his job( don't get me wrong, I did it cause I wanted to, I wanted to build the life we planned) but on the back of that, I've lost my confidence at my job having not worked in over 3 years. I literally don't know where to begin, all of my friends life in London where we were before we left Ireland so I really have no one here. Sorry about the pity party! I just wish I could fast forward a couple of months.

Pitty Party away.... My god! Id be in a bucket!!!! Is he still out there????

He sure is, on the beer every night as far as I can see on fb. I emailed him yesterday for first it e since last week asking him has he told his family yet etc because Iv been invited round for lunch today. He never responded so I txt him last night and he told me to stop contacting him? Wtf! He asked me the on monday to be amicable and then posted pictures of our wedding day on fb, posted our song to my wall and sent me an email telling me he loves me and he doesn't want to finish it he wants it to work.....the next day he was gone cold again, that's why I feel he forced my hand and left me with o choice but to walk away!

bettiesrevenge said:
Pitty Party away.... My god! Id be in a bucket!!!! Is he still out there????

Keepers creepers! Is he a local? Or is he ex pat? Sounds like he is on one major headfook! I've been in a similar situation with my husband. We separated and got bck together. It's possible! I cut him off though. I kicked him out. He had to live in a shared house in the pits. So I guess he knows where his bread is buttered.

I think it happens. It has a lot to do with my self esteem. I was rock bottom. 14 stone compared to the 9.5 I was when we met. It was last year actually when I first restarted! I lost 3.5 stone without him in my hair! We have a daughter though and dispute all the things that went on, we both genuinely wanted it to work. We got back together in august after 5 months. So it is possible! Things are a whole lot better now too. I'm much stronger, much more positive and in control. I think that's a sure fire way of being alluring to sone men!

No he's from here too. He's just emailing me telling me leave him alone because I emailed him yesterday morning and txt last night asking him has he told his family etc! I'm going through waves of hurt, anger! Can't believe the one person who Iv loved more than anyone is behaving like someone I don't even know!
Glad things are ok with you guys. Did you go for coucelling etc?

sunshineeyes said:
No he's from here too. He's just emailing me telling me leave him alone because I emailed him yesterday morning and txt last night asking him has he told his family etc! I'm going through waves of hurt, anger! Can't believe the one person who Iv loved more than anyone is behaving like someone I don't even know!
Glad things are ok with you guys. Did you go for coucelling etc?

No we didn't! To be honest we have to work on it! Most days to be honest. But the good days far outweigh the bad.

I wonder if your hubby is having sone sort of exersential crisis? A bit if a "what's it all about?" moment?

I understand you completely. If it wasn't you who made the decision so to speak. My situation came to a head when my husband told me I was making him depressed and ruined HIS life! ( he was depressed, he'd had a major life change, moved countries, had to deal with my families negativity and was relying on my income because he had no right to work initially) so being feisty as I am I told him to get out, so he did. He moved out. The first weeks were the hardest. Well the first two months. He was around every weekend to see our daughter. I would look at him and melt, but I would stick to my guns. I'm not responsible for his unhappiness then!

That was my twisted logic at least. My advice is... It's not over unless you both want it. Separate, don't divorce just yet. Things can get better. Get on with YOUR life. That's what is important. If he wants to be in it. Then let him do the work. Back off. Be aloof! Childish perhaps. But it with make him think.

I agree with bettiesrevenge...live ur life and if he wants in at a later...ur in control to make that decision....its very raw for you at the mo...take it one day at a time and make a small change everytime u feel stronger...u will be bak on ur feet in no time hun xx

Oh girls thanks. Bettie, my situ is quite similar in the sense that he suffers depression and told me I am the root cause of his unhappiness. I know this is not true! He's looking for escapism instead of solving his problems because that's more work than walking away. I am gonna have no contact, but that in itself leaves me with hope and I cannot depend on that! I'm going to be strong, it comes in waves, one minute I feel like I've made a mistake but then I feel it's right for now. I don't want a life of walking on eggshells and wondering why he's in a mood!
Walked 10k yesterday and today and now I'm in bed aching but downton abbey is taking my mind off it! X

sunshineeyes said:
Oh girls thanks. Bettie, my situ is quite similar in the sense that he suffers depression and told me I am the root cause of his unhappiness. I know this is not true! He's looking for escapism instead of solving his problems because that's more work than walking away. I am gonna have no contact, but that in itself leaves me with hope and I cannot depend on that! I'm going to be strong, it comes in waves, one minute I feel like I've made a mistake but then I feel it's right for now. I don't want a life of walking on eggshells and wondering why he's in a mood!
Walked 10k yesterday and today and now I'm in bed aching but downton abbey is taking my mind off it! X

Gotta love a bit of downton!

Another 10km done today, although at a much slower pace as I had massive blister since yesterday.....before I would have used the blister as an excuse but I just put a compeed and another dressing over it and went for it, it was even raining! I'm well proud of myself! How you getting on bettie, ladies?
Lynn

Glad ur getting on with it hun....next time he makes contact ignore it...soon be ringin to see why u havent replied...mite be depression...mostly its control aswell...xx

Back