Here I go AGAIN lol!

sun

Gold Member
From Monday 12th May I am embarking on finally finding the diet of Atkins and starting what I hope and can prove will be the end of years of yo-yo-ing.

Having been diagnosed with Insulin Resistance a year ago I amassed a huge unsightly abdomen (see gallery pics at your own risk:eek:).

LL was successful I lost 3 stone within 8 weeks and started maintaining September 2007. I have slowly gained 10 to 12lbs, ok, this is not too bad, but the fat has started amassing around the middle. I attempted WW to try to lose a little and maintain but have struggled, I love bread, pasta, potatoes and cereals but always suffered after eating them with burping, indigestion, distended more than usual belly and WIND:rolleyes:. I put it down to IBS and a slight wheat/gluten intolerance.

Having read properly atkins new diet revolution, Insulin Resistance is a major topic in this book and has answered so many questions.

I really feel that this will be the end of my battles now understanding my medical problem.

And I am going to prove it!:D

sun x

Good luck, Sue...it really is a fascinating read, isn't it?

Pinks
xxxxxxxxx

it really is Pinks, you are doing sooooo well hun, lets hope I'm as successful

sue x

Ahhh but you've done the hardest part losing the three stone. You weigh less than half of me!

I find Atkins very liberating. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but at least I can see that road littered with nice things to eat. I tend to keep it very simple during the week, but at weekends I like to experiment a little.
Don't forget to have your half an avocado regularly...they really are superfoods, you know :)
Pinks

Best of luck on your journey :)

good morning low carbers on this beautiful day, I am a real sun addict, hence my name:D

Am so looking foward to tomorrow, Went for a fantastic meal last night ate and drank to my hearts content!

I've decided to be 75% good today leading up to tomorrow, I shall be having wine today with bbq grub.

All I can say is that I am very positive and excited, I just hope I get some good results especially the next week or 2.

suex

thanks Pinks,

Here we go then!

it seems so wrong, I think Ive had to much mayo! also, have I blundered already, Ive had some double cream in my decaf coffee today, and just reading my book, it says single or whipping, does that mean no double?

I had egg and bacon for breakfast, and for lunch, selection of meats with another egg and mixed green salad leaves, and a very small amount of red pepper, onion and 3 cherry tomatoes cut up.

I feel fatter now than I did this morning!

sue x

It always does feel a bit odd when you start eating this sort of food stuff. After all, we're always told that we're not to eat anything full fat, aren't we. How much mayo did you have? I don't think Atkins puts any limits on it really. Most of the way through, Atkins talks about heavy cream, which is double, so I'm sure you'll be ok. Keep drinking the water!!
Pinks
xxxxx

thanks hun, until I get used to the diet I may need lots of advice

sue x

DAY 2

So far so good, lets hope I go into ketosis tomorrow, Ive got my weewee sticks, fingers crossed, and let the fat munching begin:D

sue x

good luck sun!
i am going to enjoy reading about your journey as you are the weight i would love to be...
and your goal is what i would love to ultimately be.
i too lost my bulk on a vlcd and am now using atkins/low carb to lose the rest and hopefully maintain my losses.
it is great to hear what others are eating on a low carb diet, in fact im going to start a 'menu' thread for inspiration!
please add to it and hopefully we can all share tips and tricks!
good luck x

Hi keeley,

fantastic idea about menu suggestions, I will add some,

Lets get this last bit of weight sorted together!

sue xx

so far so good, but hey there's no problem being good on this diet, just hope I get a good weight loss on Monday!

Hi cambridge 08,

I am so trying to cope with this life long challenge of learning to maintain, it is so hard, I know I have recognised before it got out of hand again about being 12lbs over my goal weight, and I know I can always do a vlcd again, but I dont want this vicious cirlce, I want my body to be happy and maintain between 9st and 9st 5lbs max, I did for 6 months, but slowly it has gained.

I also know that if I made more of an effort to exercise it would be easier.

I'm on day 4 now and still the wee stick is showing no signs of being in ketosis, but there again it never did when I did LL, I'm frightened to weigh myself in case there is no loss, I am determined to wait until Monday morning. I'm also being better as from yesterday drinking at least 2 litres of water, but I do struggle with it.

I'm ery apprehensive at the moment. Oh woe is me!

sue xx

sun, well done you for getting on top of your gain before it turns to stones!
i have never been good at maintaining, losing the weight is always the easy part for me. then it creeps back on plus more.

i managed to diet down to 9,7 back in 2004 and since then it has been going up and up. if only i had done something about it after 12lbs gain. i envy you for having the strength to do something about it.

think its a lesson i need to learn... and quickly!

good luck with the weigh in, we will all be waiting with baited breath to see how it goes. we are all in the early days so its nice to share our experiences.

oh and i am the worst for water!!!! yesterday i decided to see if my plateau was because of the lack of water i drink... and guess what? i lost 1.5lbs overnight.

so today i am def drinking 3l again!
xxx

good morning low carbers!

Well I really enjoyed last night at the pub, I was going to play it safe and just have a steak and salad, but I orderded a lamb shank, cant believe how much meat there are on them, I was stuffed and a friend finished it off, I nibbled at some cauliflower and broccoli florets which were beautifully al dente!

I also had 1 dry white wine and soda which lasted me all evening!

So I feel guilt free this morning. Feeling a tad bit more relaxed today, and promised myself to drink water!

sue x

Back