Here i go again!

tryin again

This time last year i had been successfully dukaning for 17 weeks and had lost 3 stone. A year on and i have put it all back on again :sigh: I have no clothes that fit and i feel disgusting!
Since i fell of the wagon ( about Oct last year), I have tried several times to re-start and have managed to do a week of attack each time but then become complacent and binge like mad.
I need to get back in the Dukan zone as i honsetly found it so easy the first time round and i felt fantastic. I was so happy with how i looked and had loads of confidence. It,s got to the stage again where i feel all people can see when they look at me is my size and i avoid going out if possible.

I've spent all of my adult life putting things on hold till i'm slim. Finally i was slim but 3 months later i ruined it all. So now is the time. I'm doing this for the last time and will complete conso so that i can be slim for the rest of my life. I am hoping that i will never weigh as much as i do today ever again! :D:D:D

Your story sounds similar to mine, I put on 30 of the 70lbs I'd lost last year on CD by bingeing and just uncontrollable eating. Been dukaning about 18 weeks now, those 30lbs are gone and I'm streaking for the finish line (well, still 40ish lbs to go but it seems within reach now). Restarts always seem to be hard, but if you put your mind to it you can do it. Good luck!

Well done! It feels great when your doing it doesn't it? I have done CD and Lighter life before too, both successfully but eventually back to old binging habits. Dukan is far better though............you can eat!

So true, the fact you can eat makes all the difference. I couldn't restart CD to save my life and then I just decided to quit trying after 2 or 3 false starts that lasted about 2 days each. Dukan is so easy to stick with (even though sometimes I get sick of PP days) and even with several blips involving an unfortunate amount of alcohol I've managed to lose. I never thought I'd ever say I've found a diet that's painless and actually works :)

Ok, so not a great start! I was unexpextedly called into work so unable to food shop. Then made plans with friends for the whole weekend so decided to wait till today (mon) to start. The result is i have gained another 7lbs in 3 days, that is the reality of how bad my eating has got.
However...........i now have my food in, i know what i'm doing as i've done it before and today is D day! No more excuses, no more last meals before the diet starts and no more binge, guilt, binge cycles. New start, new me, new wardrobe hopefully!!!

Two days down and feeling so much better already! No longer bloated and so full i feel sick. Also great to be getting some control back again. Day 1 -6lbs :D:eek::D Amazing! Day 2 - 3lbs :D:D.
Didn't eat nearly enough yesterday as my salmon for dinner tasted odd, was worried it was off. No time to cook anything else as had to work then didn't get in till midnight so i am starving this morning. Its the first time i've been hungry though.
Menu today,
B-scrambled eggs and turkey rashers
S- yogurt
L-half a chicken
D-chicken curry
So here's to another good day and hopefully another loss tomorrow x

Hi Tryin glad you've decided to come back to Dukan - yep great diet and it defo works you see the results every week - looking forward to reading your diary

So true, the fact you can eat makes all the difference. I couldn't restart CD to save my life and then I just decided to quit trying after 2 or 3 false starts that lasted about 2 days each. Dukan is so easy to stick with (even though sometimes I get sick of PP days) and even with several blips involving an unfortunate amount of alcohol I've managed to lose. I never thought I'd ever say I've found a diet that's painless and actually works :)
"an unfortunate amount of alcohol". I loved that. Made me chuckle.

Day 5 today and i'm feeling good! Yesterday was hard! Dukan flu i think, i was completely zapped of energy, even my arms wouldn't work :faint2: Hopefully it's passed now as i woke up rareing to go today. 10lbs down so far, really happy with that!:clap:

10lb loss is fantastic - well done!

Are you exercising? I've found that exercising gives me loads more energy :)

No haven't exercised yet, not had enough energy! Will start now though as energy levels have picked up.

Last day of first week and i'm down a stone :D Couldn't be happier and i feel like i have my dukan mojo back! Loads more energy than a couple of days ago and feeling good! I have a good friend coming round today who i'm helping get ready for starting dukan tomorrow. Having someone doing it with me will help loads with the motivation also i think :)
Starting conso today, i think 6 days of attack is long enough! Vegetables, yay!

A stone!!!! That's blooming amazing!!!! I have never done dunkan before and I'm day two of attack, won't weigh myself till I have completed it as I get all excited by losing then start eating normally again. Well done

Thank you, i know, it's amazing how fast the weight falls off :eek: I find weighing every day during attack motivates me to keep going, i love watching the scales drop every day :) During conso though i try to weigh just a couple of times a week as the weight fluctuates a bit which can really upset me if it doesn't say what i think it should!

WOw great loss! Well done!

Last day of first week and i'm down a stone :D Couldn't be happier and i feel like i have my dukan mojo back! Loads more energy than a couple of days ago and feeling good! I have a good friend coming round today who i'm helping get ready for starting dukan tomorrow. Having someone doing it with me will help loads with the motivation also i think :)
Starting conso today, i think 6 days of attack is long enough! Vegetables, yay!

Blimey girl, that's awesome! Well done :D

P x

Thank you :) Day 12 and have been 100% Dukan with no thoughts of cheating. Down 16lbs and have been feeling great. Loads more energy and a spring in my step now that my clothes are looser :happy036:However, ive woken up this morning with tonsilitus :sick:Feeling generally rubbish, but still slimmer:) So gonna rest up today and have a browse on here x

Hi Tryin, well done for getting back on the wagon and losing that first stone! Hope you're not feeling too poorly, get yourself well soon. Jx

Thank you Joodle, still not feeling great but on the + side...........week 2 -4lbs :eek: I thought i'd have a very small loss if anything this wek after last weeks big one, so i'm chuffed! I am also very proud of myself for staying 100% Dukan :clap: I've re started this so many times in the last 6 months, but have convinced myself it's ok to have the odd pack of sweets or something else food related which has then of course knocked me out of ketosis and led to a full on binge! I think i've finally learnt my lesson, you do thid diet 100% and its easy, you fool yourself into straying and it then becomes impossible :banghead:

I'm not saying i havent found the odd extra not in the book that helps me along the way, but i know what works and what doesn't...............and sweets, chocolate and crisps don't!!!

So, on-wards and downwards! My confidence is already coming back by the bucket load and i feel back in control. For a food addict like me who has been struggling for years, this means the world. Dukan rocks!!!:banana dancer:

Week 3, been a strange one weight wise, up and down all week so thought i'd stayed the same but then this morning 4lb down, yay! :clap: Tonsilitus went for thre days and has now returned, so i still feel rubbish but have stuck with dukan. It's been tricky today though as i'm also pre menstrual and all i can think about is eating crisps!! :drool: Will be cooking dinner early i think!

Back