Here I go again!

JoanneM

Gold Member
Once again Ive decided to go down the atkins route. For those of you who know me you'll know I lost around 8 stone a few years ago with atkins and exante but needless to say it all went back on plus some with me topping the scales at 303lbs a couple of years ago.

Ive managed to get down to 260 again by various means which is a start although it has taken me over a year.

Anyway, new start and Ive even started going to the gym again which I havent done in many years although not as often as Id like - struggle to find the time to fit it in around my social life right now.

Making cheeseburger pie tonight - I love atkins.

DD actually said she could see Ive lost weight earlier. I must admit that before that Id been contemplating a visit to tesco for alcohol but after that I decided not to bother so Im sitting here watching back to back episodes of last years biggest loser for inspiration.

Sent from my SM-G800F using MiniMins.com mobile app

Had a few shots the past couple of days when Ive been out which isnt great but could have been much worse.

Good day so far today and on the whole Im feeling pretty positive. Im even managing to stay off the scales which is amazing for me!

Another good day today. For some reason Im doing amazingly well just now *touch wood*.

Long may it continue! :)

Thanks CL. Been another good day and Im working until 7 tonight so no opportunity for cheating which is always a good thing, lol.

Once again its going to be an alcohol filled weekend. I swear if it wasnt for alcohol Id have no problems losing weight whatsoever. Im off work tomorrow so hopefully Ill make it to the gym - has to be of some help.

Not lost anything this week but i was asked yesterday by someone who hasnt seen me in a few weeks if ive lost weight so something is working.

Woke up at 5.45 this morning, went to turn over and vomited a load of bile with absolutely no warning. The worst part of it was the intense burning left in my thoat. No matter how much water I drink it just wouldnt subside. I ended up having to drink some milk and end some mints to get rid of it. Absolutely horrible and I have no idea why or how it happened. I can only attribute it to something I ate although I cant think what or why it didnt happen until so long after eating.

Anyway another day at work and then straight home to get ready and out again so other than the alcohol Ill be drinking tonight I have no opportunity to cheat on the food front. Cant believe how well this is going just now.

On a side note I have to share something which has been amusing me for days now. My ex boyfriend finished with me with absolutely no warning a month or so ago to get back with his ex girlfriend. He's been doing his damndest to avoid me ever since and pretty much runs away whenever he sees me unless he's with her. The other day I went out at lunchtime to do some shopping and on my way back was waiting at the traffic lights to cross and saw his car coming towards the lights. When he saw me he obviously panicked and slowed the car right down as if he was stopping in the hope I wouldnt see him. He then realised he couldnt do that and started driving again while trying to make a point of not seeing me. I must admit to a feeling of satisfaction at how flustered he was and almost burst out laughing there and then. Is that incredibly mean of me?

Sorry you were feeling unwell. Are you prone to indigestion? Atkins food (meat and cheese) are acidic and as opposed to grains and veggie which are more alkaline. Maybe the acidic food?

Lol on the ex bf, boys are so immature. Not mean of you and very funny. :)

Sorry you were feeling unwell. Are you prone to indigestion? Atkins food (meat and cheese) are acidic and as opposed to grains and veggie which are more alkaline. Maybe the acidic food?

Lol on the ex bf, boys are so immature. Not mean of you and very funny. :)

I do sometimes suffer from indigestion - never to the stage Ive thrown up before though. And its never happened before when Ive been on Atkins. Probably nothing, was just incredibly annoying when I could have had another hour in bed.

Very true although you would think by the age of 49 they would have started to mature, lol.

Alcohol has featured very heavily in my diet this weekend. On the plus side there has been very little food although i did eat 2 slices of pizza yesterday. Not worried about it though coz i know ill get there eventually. And the fact i was asked out by 2 different guys yesterday was a bit of an ego boost, lol.

One of them is a definite no. Ive spent over 2 hours texting the other one today though and hes taking me out to lunch on Friday.

The only problem is im also currently dating 3 other guys. Dont know how im going to fit another one in lol.

*Touch wood* but Im not struggling with this in the slightest just now. Im hoping i stay in this frame of mind coz i havent been craving anything at all. I suppose it helps that ive been so busy recently that i dont have time to think about food.

I can pick my times to start dating an italian guy. He wants to cook me pasta sometime. How do I get out of that one?

Another 10 hour shift today so no opportunity to cheat at all which is good.

I must admit though im worried about what im going to eat tomorrow. I have no idea where were going so dont know what the menu options will be. Just have to keep my fingers crossed theres some kind of atkins friendly option.

Was a horrible day yesterday, I was definitely glad when it was over. I didnt think of working it off. Thats always an option, lol.

Things are going amazingly well with this guy, maybe a bit too well. We're texting constantly and were on the phone for about 45 minutes last night so we shall see how today goes. He also keeps asking if I need a lift anywhere and offering to bring me dinner and stuff lol. Not used to someone being quite so attentive. Interestingly enough though from last nights conversation I have a feeling we went to school together which would just be really weird. Ill find out for sure today though.

Ok, we're going to an Italian for lunch. Ive just had a look at the menu and suffice to say Im going to have to eat pasta. There just isnt another option I can pronounce lol.

Back