Here I go again!

Lou22

Hello to anyone reading:)

Yesterday was my Birthday so today I felt inspired to start slimming world on my own, last year on my birthday I was a whole stone and a half lighter and feeling wonderful. Yesterday I just felt miserable and so let down with myself, in fact that's how I'm feeling most days now so I needed somewhere to vent my frustrations. My poor OH doesn't know what to do with me .:sigh:

Starting with a little history, I joined slimming world in 2013, I tipped the scales at 14st6.0lbs and for my small 5ft0ins height I was embarrassed and ashamed. My sister gave me the encouragement I needed and joined with me. After those 4 weeks work got in the way and I couldn't make the meetings, still I followed the plan and the weight dropped off. My lowest was 12st3.0lbs, but I steadied off at 12st8.0lbs and that's where it all went wrong! I gave up, I tried my best to follow the plan but nights in with a takeaway after long stressful days at work consumed me. I rejoined slimming world online hoping it would give me a boost but I've been so down that I just didn't have the motivation I needed. Fast forward to now, at the start of the year I had the genius idea to start fresh and turn my spare room in to a mini gym, have I been good and used it? NO.:break_diet:Well maybe three times since I've had it.

So here I am, 24 and desperate to change my eating habits. I LOVE cooking when I get in to it so starting today I am doing slimming world and I will succeed! I've decided Monday will be my weigh in day and I've sworn myself off the scaled until next Monday! I'm so terrible for daily weight checks. :mad:Today I will be cooking chilli mince beef with rice, free on EE and grabbing some fruit and muller lights. Also off to buy a new pair of work trousers size 18.:cry:I still have my size 16 pair from last year and hoping to be back in them by the end of March!

So I hope you will join me on my journey, I'm feeling really positive and ready to do this for real. I look forward to following other people's diaries and getting some inspiration from the site!

Here are my starting stats:

Height: 5ft
Weight:13st13lbs
Size: 18
GOAL: 9st8lbs

Lou xx:D

So I just got back from doing the food shopping and I'm not happy. Also had a meeting at work and homemade cake was involved! So basically I'm counting the cake as my syns although it probably more than exceeded them! And the shopping arghhh, the co-op never have in the extra lean mince beef 5% fat or less so I had to get the 12%. I'm only going to have a tiny bit of it with loads of rice, peppers and other veg. I've done quite a bit of walking this morning so hoping I will at least lose a pound in the next few days. Hopefully later on I can gather some energy to get on the exercise bike for 20 minutes or something!

Yesterday wasn't a great start but I did ok, today I've been really good so far, had my wholemeal toast for breakfast (the tiny loaf) two slice and on my break at work I had a banana and my yoghurt. Got beef stew for lunch minus dumplings and OH is cooking it! Pancakes tonight! :D

Hello and welcome back! You've taken the plunge and things can only get better! Try to stick with plan and get a 1/3 of your plate of speed foods every meal! I try to have a bowl of melon & strawberries after each meal, but do whatever works for you!
Maybe have a look at your local butchers for extra lean mince, or Asda / Tesco if they're available to you.

I am bad for getting on the scales when I shouldn't, but I get weighed at group on Tuesdays and they're totally different to my own home scales! Keep them out of sight until you're due to use them!

There are loads of recipes here and tips from other people, plenty to get through :)

Hello Lemontella, congrats on the weight loss so far! I'm not local to other supermarkets sadly so I will either cut out the mince beef or try to order it online when I do an Asda shop or something. Day three and I'm dying to get on scales but have resisted so far, I want a nice surprise on Monday (Praying for a nice surprise anyway)!!

So I ended up cooking the stew yesterday as OH was too tired, I have to say it was by far the simplest and tastiest thing I think I've ever cooked! I threw in tonnes of veg but I did add a tiny bit of gravy to thicken up the stock. My pancakes weren't great so I didn't eat them, I was too full anyway. All in all I'm counting yesterday as a success!

I'm off to Iceland before work to try and grab some of the new slimming world frozen meals, I hate Iceland though having to stroll past all the Pizzas, Curries etc :cry: I'm at work till 20:00 so I will cook one at work as I don't want to eat too late at home.

Well I really have tonnes I want to get off my chest and say, this diary is really helping me stay positive, when I get a day off I think I'm just going to unload on here! I've really been thinking about what makes me want to eat so much unhealthy food other than the fact that it's tasty:rolleyes:

I'm definitely going to have a browse through the recipes, I want to cook something special on my day off Friday for OH, and try my hands at a dessert as I can't live without some sort of chocolate in my life :eek:

Thanks Lou, although feeling deflated today after gaining 1lb last night! So disappointed but I know the reason why (Valentines Weekend) so it's back to basics for me this week! Determined to get at least 2lb off next Tuesday.

Well done for not getting on the scales, just leave it until weigh in day, you'll be fine I'm sure!! :)

I am going to get one of the SW meals from Iceland this weekend, more interested to find out what the sausages are like because I haven't had any since December!! Just remember with the SW meals, I think you still have to add your 1/3 speed foods, maybe a fruit bowl afterwards?

I find it really helpful to keep a diary on here, keeps me on the straight & narrow!!

Keep up the good work :)

What's Valentine's without a few treats though ay? Don't worry I'm sure it will drop right off.

I'm looking forward to trying some of the meals, not keen on pasta and noodles but the sausages will be great if they taste nice. I'm stocking up on fruit too, I love strawberries/blueberries/grapes etc and I always have loads of veg but never use it lol, I'm going to start meal planning again and keep a little diary. The last time I was on slimming world it was still superfree foods which I'm assuming is now speed foods? I think I read somewhere that most of it is still the same but some of it has changed, I will have to make a list of speed foods before I go shopping. I think I will be alright if I get loads of salad, fruit etc.

I was ready to rejoin a few weeks a go but bottled out, I feel like such a failure going back! Think I am just going to have to suck it up and rejoin on tuesday, plus I'd love to actually complete a 12 week challenge, especially in time for summer so I can actually wear shorts!

I know, but I'm going to beat myself up over it and not want to treat myself every again! Ha ha

I love Pasta & Noodles, it's sometimes easier to prep a meal using these instead of potatoes for me, esp during the week when I'm working all day... I really don't have motivation to cook a meal from scratch when I get home, so I really find planning a menu works well. I also try to batch cook and keep portions in the freezer for those days I don't want to cook from scratch (the week when OH is on late shift usually!)

Guilty of having veg and not really using it, I find it quite boring - just need to try some new recipes using them I guess?

I think the majority of Superfree to Speed is still the same, but there was some slight changes - we got new books at beginning of January with everything you need to know, also our consultant printed off some handy sheets with Speed Foods and Protein Foods (but she is trying to push this SP Plan, I'm sticking to EE for now!)

Get yourself to group, honestly everyone is there for the same reason... you've no need to feel badly about doing so! :)

Hi Lou, subscribed :) Good luck on your journey, things can only get better now! x

Hi Lillyxx, thank you I'm feeling really good so far! Congrats on your weight loss!

Yesterday I was so good, I tried the slimming world meatballs and pasta the frozen meal and it was beautiful, didn't taste like a frozen meal at all! I tried my hand at slimming world profiteroles but used dark chocolate which I'm not keen on so only had 3.

Having chicken, bacon and cheese with salad today all prepped and weighed ready haha, even treating myself to a kit kat chunky tonight for my syns :rolleyes:

I've got a free membership leaflet from Iceland so will make use of it, also a lady in iceland was really nice and gave me some of the slimming world vouchers as she had loads! I'm still dying to get on the scales but still resisting, even if I just lose 2 pounds I will be happy!

Yesterday was another good day for me, I had two slices of wholemeal toast nimble loaf with clover spread, but I'm only putting the tiniest amount on as the bread is so small anyway :rolleyes: I think it's 1 and a half syns for a tsp and I'm not even using that much but for the sake of it I will count it as that.

Mid morning at work I had fat free yoghurt with banana, then for dinner at home I had two chicken breasts topped with bacon (fat trimmed) and leerdammer lighter cheese 1 slice cut in half on top of the chicken. All served with a big salad on the side which I ate most of.

For a real treat I had a kit kat chunky =13 syns, I thought I might as well use them to get my chocolate fix when I can to stop cravings. In the evening around 10pm OH asked if I was peckish and I genuinely wasn't, he shouldn't of been either because he had extra chicken off my plate! It felt good not going to bed on a full stomach of greasy fatty food.

Not sure what I'm cooking today but I'm starting with strawberries for breakfast, I was thinking of making a SW curry later but I'm so terrible at doing rice, the instructions are so simple though :confused:

Last edited:
Hi Lou, here to give a bit of moral support! I'm doing SW from home, the time of group just doesn't suit. I subscribed to the magazine on Kindle so that's been really helpful, instead of stuffing my face at night I look at back issues and get all inspired! (and hungry) - hope you are having a good day today.

I'm awful at rice too, I always just get the boil in the bag ones and when they look like they're going to burst out of the bag, they're done :D :D x

Hi MidlandsChick, I'm grateful for any support so thank you. I've just discovered the boil in a bag rice today, I feel so silly for not knowing about them sooner I was amazed in the co-op like what a brilliant idea :rolleyes:haha. Having SW frozen curry today, the tikka masala and the sweet potato, me and OH are having a bit of each and I'm putting some leftovers away for work tomorrow. Having a couple of mini bhajis and a WW dessert after. Been really good at breakfast, the usual toast, slice of cheese, yoghurt, strawberries and a banana.

So yesterday went okay although I did calculate going over by 1 syn but it was planned so I don't mind and it was my day off. I thought I'd struggle more on my day off as I normally just sit and eat rubbish all day. My new work trousers what I got Monday keep falling down on me today so I'm taking that as a good sign. I've had 5 syns so far today but I don't think I will have any more. Had left over SW curry for lunch and yoghurt with strawberries. OH is making SW Burritos tonight. Monday weigh in is lurking in the back of my mind! Hope everyone is well :)

Eeek so I had a tough day avoiding food at work, the cook did a gorgeous sunday lunch and trifle which I normally have two bowls! I had a bit of the lamb with a bowl full of veg and then the cook put gravy on it ahhhh! My mind went in to overdrive because I was saving my syns lol I drained off the gravy but left a bit for taste. I had my toast and cheese for breakfast and yoghurt and strawberries after lunch, also had a banana.

I planned to make tuna pasta tonight but I'm too tired, I had a WW cheesecake pot which is roughly 9 syns. I'm not feeling very hungry at the moment which I don't know if that's a good or bad thing! Next week will be tough as money is tight so I'll be on a strict budget. Normally when money is tight we just go and get a burger and chips for £2! My OH mentioned takeaway yesterday which annoyed me really as he knows how hard I've tried, he's agreed to stop going MMMM every time he walks past a McDonalds poster! It's hardly helping but he's so skinny, even when he puts on weight he looks good and he loses it so quickly, he last weighed himself a few weeks ago, since then he's lost a stone which he's thrilled with as he was verging on the 'obese' category BMI wise.

I'll be weighing myself as soon as I get up, clothes off and all :rolleyes: I really hope I can update with a loss! My main target for next week is to exercise on my days off, maybe even go swimming for an hour one evening.

Eeek so I had a tough day avoiding food at work, the cook did a gorgeous sunday lunch and trifle which I normally have two bowls! I had a bit of the lamb with a bowl full of veg and then the cook put gravy on it ahhhh! My mind went in to overdrive because I was saving my syns lol I drained off the gravy but left a bit for taste. I had my toast and cheese for breakfast and yoghurt and strawberries after lunch, also had a banana.

I planned to make tuna pasta tonight but I'm too tired, I had a WW cheesecake pot which is roughly 9 syns. I'm not feeling very hungry at the moment which I don't know if that's a good or bad thing! Next week will be tough as money is tight so I'll be on a strict budget. Normally when money is tight we just go and get a burger and chips for £2! My OH mentioned takeaway yesterday which annoyed me really as he knows how hard I've tried, he's agreed to stop going MMMM every time he walks past a McDonalds poster! It's hardly helping but he's so skinny, even when he puts on weight he looks good and he loses it so quickly, he last weighed himself a few weeks ago, since then he's lost a stone which he's thrilled with as he was verging on the 'obese' category BMI wise.

I'll be weighing myself as soon as I get up, clothes off and all :rolleyes: I really hope I can update with a loss! My main target for next week is to exercise on my days off, maybe even go swimming for an hour one evening.

My boyfriend is the exact same, slim, eat what he wants, could eat a take away every night and still lose weight I'm sure. If he dared offered me a take away at the minute I would kill him haha. Good luck tomorrow! xx

13st6.0lb this morning, lost half a stone!!!!:happy036:

Here to sub.

That's an amazing loss well done!!!

Thank you hun, Getting carried away this morning looking at all the pretty summer clothes I might be able to wear lol I've just got to keep that in mind whenever I walk past a takeaway shop!

Hey everyone, how's it going?

I've been a bit naughty because for the last two days I've barely eaten at all and I know that's not a good pattern to fall in to so I'm going to eat plenty today. I weighed myself this morning and so far another pound off but I'm staying off the scales till Monday now! I'm setting myself a little mini goal, I have a wedding to go to in June so the goal is to get in to a size 12-14 for that. I'd love to wear a nice playsuit as that's something I've not been able to wear in the summer as they look hideous on me with my thighs and belly!

Going to look for meal inspiration today, I fancy cooking up something really yummy! Tempted to do SW burgers haven't had those in a long time, I'd love to have it with chips but I'm terrible at SW chips. I wish they did those frozen it would make my life so much easier lol. Going to spend my syns on mayo for the burgers today and something chocolatey for after, I'm enjoying the WW desserts so it's between one of those or a chocolate bar!

Back