Here i go...

pocket dragon

Hello everyone :) I've just joined up today and after browsing the forums thought i'd start my own diary.
Started Orlistat today... and after hearing horror stories of orange poo i'm a bit apprehensive, first things my friends said when i mentioned i was starting was ' make sure you wear old knickers!' Nice.
So, I've had porridge for breakfast and a few glasses of no added sugar squash.. (i dont drink tea or coffee... Yes it's a bit weird).. I am constantly going to the toilet to check my pants... completley unessasary i know but i can't help it!!
So day one... I have decided not to weigh myself at home and to do it when i go back to the doctors, which will be in two weeks... As we all know scales can read different.
After trying every diet going i'm hoping this one will work, after all, what bigger incentive than knowing you may get horrible runny orange poo and stomach cramps if you eat too much fat! By now in a day i would of munched my way through lots of buttery toast and cheese, so it's working in that sense lol.

So.. let's see what happens !!! :wave_cry:

Hi there & welcome. Read the sticky thread for advice if you haven't already & if you stick to what they say you should be able to wear your best pants! I've been on them 4 months & no tango. I like you think even the thought of it is a massive incentive to stick to it! Good Luck with your journey x

Thankyou, i'm going to try my best and i'l be popping on here nice and often. It's always good to have people near by going on the same journey :) It's amazing now i'm checking Fat content on everything rather than just calories ! No more butter/Marg for me !

Welcome and good luck!! Dont worry about the orangeyness, it will only come if you eat the wrong foods, so once you stick to low fat you should be ok!! Two things that people can have problems with is eggs and salmon!! So be aware :) Most are ok with eggs, but i have hear the odd egg related horror story!! Looking forward to reading all about your progress!!

I don't eat eggs anyway so i guess i'm lucky... read about the salmon problem too, is it just salmon that is a problem or all fishy things?? I had tuna for lunch and i seem fine :)

pocket dragon said:
I don't eat eggs anyway so i guess i'm lucky... read about the salmon problem too, is it just salmon that is a problem or all fishy things?? I had tuna for lunch and i seem fine :)

I have been fine with salmon but I buy wild as its much lower (apparently farmed is injected with fat, not sure if that's true mind) & I've been fine. Took me weeks to date try that or egg though lol

haha, need to work out what to eat tomorrow now, My sister is doing weightwatchers and the fridges are full of ww ready meals and such, but you dont realise how much fat is in them, deffo made me more aware... I was on ww for a while but they gave me 52 points!! It worked out that i could have mcdonalds for all 3 meals. Mental.

Mine is carbs... could quite happily eat sandwich after sandwich , but seeing the fat content on marg i shall go without, it's going to be hard but at 25 and weighing nearly the same in stones, something needs to give !!! I have had NO bread today and for me, that's impressive !

Oooooh bread with everything if I could away with it !!! The Tesco Lighter Choice ready meals that I have tried are ok - just bulk them up with extra veg :)

Only had the tango effect once - I had eaten a takeaway Chinese curry and chips so it wasn't exactly unexpected :( I have only been on tablets for 5 weeks but I find they make me think more about what I'm eating and what's in it rather than being able to eat anything as long as you have enough 'points' left.

It does take me longer to do the food shopping though :) xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Aren't we strange? I can take bread or leave it mostly. I do like my own fresh bread though so it doesn't get made often.

I've discovered I'm a protein girl :) if I run to the fridge I probably come out with a slice of ham or something before anything else

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
Welcome along pocket dragon.
Sorry I'm only saying it now, I was AWOL yesterday. The guys here are a great source of support. All the best on your journey, and keep us informed of your progress.

Thankyou.. :) well i skipped breakfast as i had to have blood tests this am... they couldn't find a vein so the doctor came in and poked me everywhere, finally getting some out of the top of my hand.. hurts like mad and i look like a pin cushion on my arms lol. Never mind. Jacket potato with heinz spaghetti and extra light philly and some turkey ham for lunch... feeling very full :)
Just wondering how you guys do it for meat, as even if you get the lean meat the fat content is still high? Any advice?

how many points a day were u having while on ww? i thought it was about 18 a day. dont worry yourself too much about the 'mr t' it will only come if u dont stick to the rules. and no need to keep checking hon . good luck with your weight loss journey also meat for me is fine, just try and always look at the nutro info if u can. and steam your food if poss too xx

pocket dragon said:
Just wondering how you guys do it for meat, as even if you get the lean meat the fat content is still high? Any advice?

I eat a lot of chicken & fish but toofatkat recommended sainsburys as they do a turkey breast mince & an extra lean beef mince which are within the 5g rule. I have had a really lean piece of steak a few times but don't miss red meat that much.... Xx

Back