• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Here we go again; 23 with 10 stone to lose...

S: 21st3lb C: 21st3lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 43.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I've hit an all time low.

I'm writing this out of desperation.

5 years ago I visited this site, and I started a blog called '18 with 8 stone to lose'. I posted religiously. I lost 4.5stone over the space of 8-12 months by calorie counting and exercising. I had well and truly cracked it. Until of course, I hadn't. Now I'm back, heavier than when I started.

Current status: fat and hopeless.

Here I go, day one tomorrow. Let's try this out.

-----------------

Edit: I wrote the above last night when I was literally desperate. Here I am at the end of Day 1 updating it into something meaningful...

Start Weight: 21st3lb
Height: 5ft9in
Diet: Calorie Counting, 1700 a day to begin with - will play around with this and eat back 50% of exercise calories 3 times a week.
Lifestyle: Single professional, working 9-5:30 who is super lazy if allowed to be...

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
Day 1:

Sat at my desk at work, just re-reading old posts from my own blog!!! It's crazy how motivating it is.

B: Americano (15cals) & medium Banana (105 cals)

Out tonight for Pina Coladas with some pals from work. Will calorie count them so will go light on food today!

Edit: It's 10pm and I'm back from cocktails, and the first day is complete (100% on track):

L: Subway Tikka Salad (141 cals), Sweet Onion Dressing (40 cals), Popcorn (137 cals), Banana (105 cals)

D: Subway Tikka Salad (141 cals), Sweet onion dressing (40 cals)

S: 3 Pina Coladas (735 cals), Moscow Mule (122 cals), Banana (105 Cals)

You'll notice loadsa repetition in what I eat, wasn't meant to have two subway salads but had more cocktails than anticipated so grabbed one on the way home as such low cal! Also wouldn't recommend anyone to eat 3 bananas in a day (pure carbicide) but I had some that needed to be eaten and they genuinely fill me :/

Great first day, crazy that a past me has motivated current me? I AM WORTHY. I can do this! I and only I am responsible for the food that goes in my mouth!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey here to follow and support! How many cals are you aiming for each day? I hope you have a lovely time tonight :) xx
Hey lovely, thanks for stopping by! I'm aiming for 1700 as a base, and then potentially eat back 50% of exercise cals for now. By TDEE is around 2250 I think so going to gage how things go over the first few weeks and play with it!

Are you calorie counting to? Do you have a diary :)

Plan sounds great! How were the pina coladas? ;)

I do have a diary (link in my signature). I find I get an unhealthy relationship with food when I strict calorie count so just trying to go it alone at the moment xx
Pina coladas were great thankyou! Slightly more than I had anticipated but all calories logged! :)

Sorry, was on the mobile version before and didn't see your sig!! Will follow your journey. Intuitive eating is fab, and fully supporting you on your journey to beginning a healthy relationship with food :D

Day 2:

Sat at my desk (noticing a trend here)... So proud of myself for yesterday. I know it sounds silly but having gone years of eating badly and bingeing every day, simply one day on plan makes all the difference.

Forgot my Fitbit today (left it on charge) - D'oh!! Hate it when I do that .

B: 40g Oat & Wheatbran Porridge made with water (150cals) & Americano (15 cals).

Edit:
L: M&S Balanced for You meal, Chicken & Cauliflower Rice (307 cals), Fanta Zero (10 cals).

D: Crunchy Salad bowl (64 cals), New York Pulled Pork (256 cals).

S: Cold brew (5 cals), Pear (57 cals) French fries (93 cals) Muscat Grapes (71 cals) Mango (99 cals), cup soup (89 cals)

Total: 1206- unintentionally light today? But done soo few steps as largely at my desk all day!!

Studied with a friend after work tonight, so was in the office from 9am-8pm, but it keeps me distracted from food. I'm already so proud of myself for some of the choices I've made that show what a different mindset I'm in... every time I get a pang of doubt I read my old diary on here!!

Popped into Tesco after studying and got some Oats so Simple (oats this morning were bland!!), Bananas, Raspberries, Ham, coffee and ss milk. I also got the salad bowl and pork i had for dinner - suuuuuch a nice meal for the 330 cals! Might go attack the mango i've got out in the kitchen for dessert :D

Last edited:

Loz1986

S: 148kg C: 143.5kg G: 114kg BMI: 43.8 Loss: 4.5kg(3.03%)
Hi Sophie, I know how you feel about thinking what you were like a few years back. When I was your age, I think I was about 20 stone. Now, I think to myself that I should have done something then it would be easier, but here I am starting out a few stone heavier (I work in kg - the scales at work only weigh in kg so don't know off the top of my head what I am in stones and pounds).

I'm quite a repetitive eater, too. I tend to have the same thing, or a slight variation on the same thing, each day at work purely because I know that I like it and what the rough calorie count of it is.

Hey Loz, well done on your loss so far! I think it's such a difficult thing to not look back and think 'what if'. I've got to try and get that out of my head and try focus on the future.. easier said than done though!! Good luck and remember gal, you got this!!

Please can you post link to old diary? I could also do with some inspiration atm! (TOTM due and already thinking about all the chocolate tomorrow) xx
Here's the link so you can have a look tomorrow https://www.minimins.com/threads/day-one-of-a-new-life-18-with-8-stone-to-lose.314123/ (Don't want to encourage you staying up any later!!) :) Would probably skip the first few pages as towards the start I really didn't know what I was doing (experimented for weeks with how many cals to have, and spoke a lot of nonsense)... but seemed to crack it by week 31 ;)

Day 3:

Soooo tired (sat at my desk...)

B: Americano (2 cals), Oats so simple (230), raspberries (32)

L: Boots Triple SW (493), Watermelon (35), Vithit Water (35)

Off out to Wagamamas and ice hockey tonight with my team. Wagas is so easy... green tea and chicken ramen (476 cals), will avoid the blue slushies at ice hockey and get a Diet Coke? Might even take a bottle with me and save money (look at me go!!)

looking forward to the weekend so I can get a few workouts in

Edit:
10pm now and I've just got back from ice hockey etc. We didn't go to Wagas as wouldnt have enough time to get to the other side of town. We went to Yo!Sushi which was just as good because the calories are all on the menu and you have sparkling water on tap on your table ;)

D: Edamame bean salad (121), Hoisin Duck Steamed Bun (226), Miso Dumpling Ramen (346)

despite being asked multiple times if i wanted a beer, i resisted and had the bottle of coke that i got out the vending machine at work and took with me! hurrah got in starvingggg so just had:

S: wafer thin ham (145) and baby plum tomatoes (16)

Ending on a total of: 1666 cals

Day 3 of being 100% signed off! over and out :p

Last edited: