• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Here we go again

S: 17st7.5lb C: 15st0.5lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 33 Loss: 2st7lb(14.26%)
Hi all
Well it's nearly the start of a new year and here I go again with the same old routine of starting a diet. I have just weighed myself and it's a whopping 16st 5lb gosh that hurt. I managed to drop just over a stone this year but it's not enough. I tried WW and it just doesn't work for me, always hungry etc. The only eating plan that has ever resulted in any amount of loss is SW so here I am back again. I'm going to join online on Friday 1st Jan. My goal weight is 13st 7lb to start with as I've been this weight before and felt very comfortable and at 5ft 7" I feel that I look ok at this weight. Will sort out all my books today and prepare my shopping list for the week.
Diane

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
S: 15st10lb C: 12st9lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 3st1lb(19.55%)
Welcome back :) you can do it, you already know it works. I've tried various other 'diets' in the past and SW is the only one that has worked for me and that I actually enjoy following. I'm 5'8 and 14st 5.5lb and would love to get to 11st 7lb, but it feels a long way off at the moment!

Hi Catherine
I'm sure you'll reach your target this time, as you said, you know it works. Before I go back to work on Saturday I need to plan my food in, I'm a shift worker so four 15hr days to cope with then four days off. We do have a salad bar at work during the week so I may give that a go although it seems a bit chilly to be eating salad. Not sure which plan to follow, I did try EE last time and it seemed to work although I drop weight faster on the red plan. Which plan do you follow?
Di

Last edited:

Lottie12

Silver Member
S: 15st0.0lb C: 15st0.0lb G: 12st7.0lb BMI: 34.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Well done for dropping a stone Di. Thats no small beer ! Your "nice" weight of 13.7 resonates with me . I feel pretty good there too. May I ask why 1966 a re you a football fan or like me you hatched in that year?

You do such a lot of hours in a working week, it must be tiring . Lots and lots of luck to you :)

Hi Jilly
Year I was born, big 50 next year, but it's not gonna be a big fat 50, said that at 30 and 40th birthday but failed miserably. Long working hours makes me very tired and when that happens I get grumpy then I eat too much, not this time, need to be strong and avoid all the junk.
Just said to my hubby, sick of all the Xmas food so we've thrown everything that's left in the bin, that feels good. My mum bought me loads of chocolate for Xmas even though I told her not to, she's a sabotager when it comes to me dieting and it makes me so mad.
I was going to join online on Friday but sitting here thinking about it, I think I'll join tomorrow as no point in waiting.

Have you set yourself a time limit for reaching 13st 7lbs or just going to take it as it comes?
Di

Last edited:

Pootle

Silver Member
S: 18st4lb C: 17st13lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st5lb(1.95%)
Hello all,
I turned forty back in October and, having said that I wouldn't be fat and forty, I failed miserably to stick to any diet and the photos of me at my party are so depressing.
I would really appreciate some support too as I am once again embarking on the weight loss journey. Post Christmas weight gain was only 4 and 1/2 pounds which I don't think is too bad but the extra weight is causing me to have pain in my knees and feet. I am also experiencing heartburn which I know is also a problem associated with carrying too much weight.
Time to do something about it. So many lovely clothes in my wardrobe that I can't get into and feeling very unfit.
Wishing you all success.

Hello all,
I turned forty back in October and, having said that I wouldn't be fat and forty, I failed miserably to stick to any diet and the photos of me at my party are so depressing.
I would really appreciate some support too as I am once again embarking on the weight loss journey. Post Christmas weight gain was only 4 and 1/2 pounds which I don't think is too bad but the extra weight is causing me to have pain in my knees and feet. I am also experiencing heartburn which I know is also a problem associated with carrying too much weight.
Time to do something about it. So many lovely clothes in my wardrobe that I can't get into and feeling very unfit.
Wishing you all success.
Hi Pootle
I never let anyone take photos of me, I'm too ashamed. I'm always available for a chat so feel free. Well done for only a small gain which is pretty good. I'm like you, pain in my knees, trouble rolling over in bed, heartburn etc I know it's my weight as well so I must really try harder to lose the excess. I have treadmill in my lounge so no excuse on my four days off. Like you I have two wardrobes full of clothes that do not fit, it makes me so miserable. I think keeping how I feel to myself doesn't help so glad minimins is back. I'm joining online on Friday and I'm off to but an electric compact steamer tomorrow to get my healthy eating off to a good start.
How much weight would you like to lose?
Di

Pootle

Silver Member
Hello Di,
I'm 5'8" and weigh 17st 4 1/2 lbs. Shocking yes, I know. I have tried many diets over the years, most successful was the Dukan, I got down to nearly 14 st with that but it was un maintainable as you can't eat proper food. Slimming world also was effective years ago but over the years, laziness, being busy with work, cooking family meals and giving in to my sweet tooth and greed has caused me to pile on any of the weight I have lost over the years.
I can't really say what weight I'd like to be as it has been so long since I was a healthy! lower weight! I can't remember what I looked like or how much I weighed when I was 'that' weight. the charts say I should be between 9 1/2 and 10 1/2 stone but I think I might look a bit scraggy if I ever managed to get to that so, perhaps 11 stone?
Seems such an impossible dream though, so far off.
How about you?

Hello Di,
I'm 5'8" and weigh 17st 4 1/2 lbs. Shocking yes, I know. I have tried many diets over the years, most successful was the Dukan, I got down to nearly 14 st with that but it was un maintainable as you can't eat proper food. Slimming world also was effective years ago but over the years, laziness, being busy with work, cooking family meals and giving in to my sweet tooth and greed has caused me to pile on any of the weight I have lost over the years.
I can't really say what weight I'd like to be as it has been so long since I was a healthy! lower weight! I can't remember what I looked like or how much I weighed when I was 'that' weight. the charts say I should be between 9 1/2 and 10 1/2 stone but I think I might look a bit scraggy if I ever managed to get to that so, perhaps 11 stone?
Seems such an impossible dream though, so far off.
How about you?
I think my ideal weight is roughly the same as you but I'm not going that low, I'd look well scraggy. I can remember being 13st 7lbs which was a size 16 for me and I felt really confident and good at this weight. I've tried many diets, done well on the Cambridge and exante plans but they are so hard to stay on track but good for a quick 1 stone loss just to get you going. I've done SW before on the green plan and lost 3st in 3 months that's why I've decided to come back to SW but doing EE. I work 15 hr shifts and this is difficult, I can be so good all day then I get mad with something or someone and I just fill my fat face (not that I have a fat face) with junk all day long until I feel sick, but I'll still go home and eat an evening meal, but it has to stop. I want this summer to be different, I want to wear nice summery things instead of the big ole cover ups. I'm also a secret eater, god I hate admitting this but it's true and I'm not doing this anymore. Food shopping is going to be different, no more rubbish in my trolley anymore.
So I need to lose about 2st 10lbs to get to where I want to be and then maybe lose a few more lbs but I'm not going to set unrealistic goals.
Di

Last edited:
S: 15st10lb C: 15st2lb G: 11st3lb BMI: 36.4 Loss: 0st8lb(3.64%)
Good to see people discussing a target weight that they feel comfortable at, rather than a weight we all think we should be. For my height I think I can go as low as 7 stone something which, for me, is neither likely or sustainable!

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
S: 15st10lb C: 13st9.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 2st0.5lb(12.95%)
Hi
I am rejoining tomorrow. I am 5'7 and weigh around 15stone. I need to get my arse in gear too. When I am 100% it works but with two children at home it is hard to stay on plan. I too was going to be slim by 40 and here I am 47 next year xx

I total
Good to see people discussing a target weight that they feel comfortable at, rather than a weight we all think we should be. For my height I think I can go as low as 7 stone something which, for me, is neither likely or sustainable!
i totally agree, I get fed up when I'm told I should be a certain weight, it just makes me feel it's unachievable and I end up giving in. I'm happy and confident at about 13st, when I get there I may chip a bit more off if I feel like it.

Maybe we should be the 'post 40' group? Ha ha.
That's sounds like a good idea, I'm 50 next July and hope I'll be much lighter then.

Hi
I am rejoining tomorrow. I am 5'7 and weigh around 15stone. I need to get my arse in gear too. When I am 100% it works but with two children at home it is hard to stay on plan. I too was going to be slim by 40 and here I am 47 next year xx
I'm the same height as you and a stone heavier and will be joining online on Friday, it just feels like a fresh start being the 1st day of the new year. This backside really needs to get into gear this time, no more excuses. I've just purchased a instant pot pressure cooker, thought I'd whip up some chicken soup for in the daytime at work, it will be all free food so hopefully will keep me going through my 15 hr shift.

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
S: 15st10lb C: 13st9.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 2st0.5lb(12.95%)
I have my official weigh in tonight. I probably weigh more than I thought. I am determined this time.

Hi ladies :)
I'd love to join you all. I have done SW on and off for years. The first time I did it back in 2007 I lost 3st and got to target. Then I got pregnant with my youngest and have never managed to lose that entire 3st I put back on! I am planning on re-joining my local group on Friday morning, I am quite nervous and embarrassed because last time I was there in the spring I was about a stone lighter than I am now. However I must not let my shame stop me. I'd absolutely love to lose 3 stone again, which seems impossible just now. So I'll see how I go and be pleased with every little pound I knock off!
Wishing us all luck and losses!!!
Maria
:)

Pootle

Silver Member
Hi Maria,
Go for it and good luck! I'd love to be able to start on Friday too but I have a family wedding (yet another with me being fat in the photos Arrrghh!)
Anyway, I shall be starting properly on Saturday. I am being careful with what I eat at the moment though, ignoring all the chocolate and cheeses etc left over from Christmas.

Good l
I have my official weigh in tonight. I probably weigh more than I thought. I am determined this time.
Good luck with your weigh in

Hi ladies :)
I'd love to join you all. I have done SW on and off for years. The first time I did it back in 2007 I lost 3st and got to target. Then I got pregnant with my youngest and have never managed to lose that entire 3st I put back on! I am planning on re-joining my local group on Friday morning, I am quite nervous and embarrassed because last time I was there in the spring I was about a stone lighter than I am now. However I must not let my shame stop me. I'd absolutely love to lose 3 stone again, which seems impossible just now. So I'll see how I go and be pleased with every little pound I knock off!
Wishing us all luck and losses!!!
Maria
:)
Hi Maria
Well done on choosing to go back to class, I should really but working shifts it's difficult, so online it is for me. I know what you mean about being nervous, I was always the same when I rejoined, I was embarrassed about returning more times than I'd had hot dinners. I'm sure you'll lose that 3 stone in no time, good luck and let us know how you get on.