• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Here we go again

S: 11st0lb C: 9st7lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 1st7lb(13.64%)
S: 17st7.5lb C: 14st9lb G: 12st13lb BMI: 32.1 Loss: 2st12.5lb(16.5%)
I have to be in work for 6am and Marks don’t open until 8. I’ll come back home and then pop to the shops later on. Hows your healthy eating going?

Going ok. 4 days and no 'sugar' except in the packet sauces I'm using up.

Still not done a shop so will do that in tesco tomorrow. Back to afternoon work on Monday so I will be back into some sort of routine again.:)

Just sat here planning what meals to have next week. I have a thing about rice noodles at the mo.:classic_roll_eyes:

Going ok. 4 days and no 'sugar' except in the packet sauces I'm using up.

Still not done a shop so will do that in tesco tomorrow. Back to afternoon work on Monday so I will be back into some sort of routine again.:)

Just sat here planning what meals to have next week. I have a thing about rice noodles at the mo.:classic_roll_eyes:
Your doing well, your always going to get some sugar in things, I’m just trying not to have chocolate etc. Like you say once you get back to work and get in to a routine it will be easier.
I popped in to Tesco on the way back from work rather than wait for M&S to open, picked up a few bits. I was watching Tom Kerridge the other day and he was using the Udon noodles, looked them up on SW and the dried ones are free and the fresh ones are only about 1.5 syns a packet so i picked up some and will have them for dinner tonight.
Nothing planned for the rest of the day, hoping to pick up my sewing as i haven’t done any for ages.

Last edited:
With the fresh noodles I microwave them for a couple of mins instead of stir frying them.
If I stir fry the veg with a sauce I then throw the noodles in from the microwave to cover them in the sauce.:)

With the fresh noodles I microwave them for a couple of mins instead of stir frying them.
If I stir fry the veg with a sauce I then throw the noodles in from the microwave to cover them in the sauce.:)
Good thinking, I’ll try that although i do like my noodles slightly charred.

Evening Ladies
Day 9 :classic_big_grin:

B: large mug of coffee
L: Two slices wholemeal bread (hexB), flora (2syns), leerdammer (2½syns), tomato, quavers (4½syns)
D: Chicken breast, spinach, sweetcorn, mushrooms, amoy noodles (1 syn), olive oil spray (2syns)
P: 0% natural yogurt, blueberries, nectar agave (1syn)
HexA- Milk allowance, 30g cheddar
Total syns = 13 :classic_big_grin:

8B8FA146-AC9A-4A9F-8093-48AB51385A17.jpeg

Not sure if i liked those udon noodles, strange taste, not sure if I’ll buy them again, i was trying to cook two separate chicken stirfrys tonight so that i could control what oil i was using in mine, dished hubbys up and he enjoyed his but my chicken was a bit chewy as i over cooked it so didn’t eat it all :rolleyes:
Well 9 days on plan so I’m a happy bunny :bunnydance: feels like I’m in the old groove again and this needs to carry on for the next 24 weeks :classic_eek: so I’m ready for my holiday.

I always put my chicken breasts in water and onion in the slow cooker in the morning. Just pulls apart then.

I buy the fresh rice noodles.

Attachments

GaGirl

Silver Member
S: 11st1lb C: 10st8lb G: 9st5lb BMI: 28 Loss: 0st7lb(4.52%)
I had rice noodles the other day, gees nightmare, so shall be buying fresh ones in future.
Started watching a show think it’s called my ton family. Speechless in regard to how big one of them is. Just hoping he gets the help that’s on offer to him. Shall watch the rest to find out.

Happy Sunday x

I like fresh noodles but i think they are quite high in syns, will check and see whats on the SW website, found the udon noodles had a weird taste

Evening ladies
Day 10 :classic_big_grin:

B: none as i went shopping
L: two slices wholemeal bread (hexB), flora (2syns), waferthin turkey, cress, quavers (4½ syns)
Snacks: soft prunes (4syns)
D: cauliflower and horseradish soup
P: fluff, squirty cream (2syns)
Milk allowance (hexA), 30g cheddar (hexA)

Total syns = 12½

891CDE9A-2F9E-4D15-8E40-3656C6872D2E.jpeg

@Mini
Please come back we are missing you 😢

Anybody had fresh egg noodles? Are they any good?

Last edited:
No I haven't tried them as I always go for the rice ones.:)

Give them ago and let us know what they are like.:)

Bert

S: 27st1lb C: 16st1.5lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 30.2 Loss: 10st13.5lb(40.5%)
I always put my chicken breasts in water and onion in the slow cooker in the morning. Just pulls apart then.
:eek:

I've never thought of cooking chicken like this for anything other than when I'm doing a casserole or pulled chicken in a sauce.

Do you just stick a few chicken breasts in the slow cooker, make sure they're covered with the liquid and cook on low for the 8 hours or so then add it to the meal later?

I'm a very fussy eater. I really don't get on with meat and have phases where all I eat is chicken to times where I can't stand the stuff. I'm currently in a stage of not liking it when I make it myself. I love the local chinese chicken in black bean sauce as the chicken is always tender and juicy and the method you've just said above sounds like it would make a very similar chicken. I'm currently sticking to my daily meal of sausage or burger and veg as it's meat which doesn't feel like meat!

Bert

S: 27st1lb C: 16st1.5lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 30.2 Loss: 10st13.5lb(40.5%)
Anybody had fresh egg noodles? Are they any good?
We always tend to go for fresh egg noodles but will always microwave them as they always stick to our wok or I burn the crap out of them with far too much oil making them a greasy burnt mess!

I usually put 4 breast in,cover it with water and cook it on low for 8 hours.I then have enough for 2 days to go with salad or rice for my lunches. I think it has a different texture and taste to just putting it on a tray and cooking it in the oven. It just falls apart and isn't chewy.

I used to eat sausages and burgers all the time but have found they don't agree with my stomach since having gallbladder out so only have them once in a blue moon.