Here's hoping - Doyle's Diary

doyle

:wave_cry:just wanted to say hi and make a record of my journey..

I've been reading up about this diet for a few weeks now, I started it last Sunday (although I weigh in on a Thursday at SW) and i'm finding it odd :D.. i'm actually not minding being on a diet and i'm finding it odd to be able to eat normally on my UD's.. in fact i found out that I don't know how to eat normally. I'm usually eating on-plan or off plan with Dominos! and chocolate, and crisps and sweets and anything i can find..

I've mainly always done SW but i've also tried lots of different weight loss plans, i'm hoping this one sticks!

I'm going to be aiming for 500 cals on a DD and around 2000 on an UD. I haven't quite managed 2000 cals this week as i'm worried i'm eating too much junk just because i can.. My additional aims are to eat healthier [STRIKE]every[/STRIKE] most days and to start some form of exercise too.

I've had 3 DD's this week
Monday - i split my 500 cals into two meals
Wednesday - ate 500 cals in one sitting - just made me want to go to sleep (and a little bit gassy:eek:)
Friday - i've had a low cal snack and saving 350 cals for dinner

I'm still getting used to what I can eat really, but i've decided to split meals as that works best for me. I'm finding everyone's meal plans & experiences really helpful on their diaries.. i look forward to reading more!

Weight loss since last Thursday, with 4 days on JUDDD.. 1.5lb.. :happy036:

Quick meal plan for today - DD

Cup of tea - 15 cals
Lunch - one piece of wholemeal toast, scraping of Peanut butter and jam - 153 cals
Dinner - chicken, half jacket potato, salad, beetroot, corn on the cob - 330 cals

Total 498 cals

Hi and welcome! You're right about finding out what suits... after lots of experimenting, I fast all day and eat in the evening on a DD - works really well in switching off any sign of hunger.

Looking forward to reading about your journey.

Hello I'm new to judd also :) I totally get what you mean when you say you don't know what it's like to eat normal! I'm like that I'm either restricting on a diet or else eating all round me on wi day which is always a takeaway, chocolate and alcohol! Good luck and congrats on your loss as far :) xx

Hi starkissedx and MissHapp, thanks for dropping in.

Great UD today..

Breakfast - american pancakes, yogurt
Lunch - BLT sandwich with homemade bread :drool: and salad
Tea - chicken, potato and carrot in one of those shake and season bags, butternut squash and a mullerlight
Snacks - walkers squares, hifi rocky road bar (have to use some bits up)

I'm properly stuffed and managed 1800 cals which i'm happy with..

OH has decided to join me on Mon/Weds for DD's although he likes a drink on a friday night so he won't do it then. He will still probably lose more than me.. blooming men and their fast metabolisms :jelous:

Forgot to say on my down days i've been taking a multivitamin with iron in it, but i think i'll be taking a calcium tablet too as i seem to be lacking in this every day.. thanks to MFP for their lovely nutrition table.

Hope everyone's having some great UD's!! Can't believe i have another one tomorrow!

Last edited:
Second UP day

Breakfast - one slice of HM bread
Lunch - ravioli and massive piece of garlic bread:eek:
Tea - sticky sausages with spring onion mash and carrots, with milk jelly for afters

Approx 1500 cals eaten.. I can't eat another thing even though i know my calories are a little low for an up day.. i'll see if it affects my weight loss this week, if it does i'll up my calories a bit.

Fast day tomorrow.. in a weird way i'm looking forward to it..
Lunch will be scrambled egg, 2 turkey rashers and a piece of nimble toast(192 cals)
Tea will be lightly dusted haddock with HM coleslaw (283 cals)

Back