Herre we go! Newbie here

toddleo

I have been posting on the forum for a while following some success with Slimming World. As often happens though, I have lost my way and can't seem to get back on board with SW at all.(I know a few pounds are creeping back on)
A friend of mine is doing Brilliantly with 5:2 fasting so here I am hoping to start tomorrow.
This forum is so helpful, and I am going to read all your threads relating to 5:2 and pick up your hints and tips.
Wish me luck!

PS I have really missed Minimins, great to be back. :D

I have been posting on the forum for a while following some success with Slimming World. As often happens though, I have lost my way and can't seem to get back on board with SW at all.(I know a few pounds are creeping back on)
A friend of mine is doing Brilliantly with 5:2 fasting so here I am hoping to start tomorrow.
This forum is so helpful, and I am going to read all your threads relating to 5:2 and pick up your hints and tips.
Wish me luck!

PS I have really missed Minimins, great to be back. :D

Welcome to 5:2 toddleo! I've been on several of the different forums too and they really do help. My husband comments on me tapping away on my phone and I just say "it's my diet buddies!". Good luck with 5:2 - just watch your eat days (particularly week 2 for me) and make sure you've worked out your daily calorie needs - so your calories if you were not dieting for me that's 1550 and then do a 1/4 of that for your fast day calories.

Good tip Lovetohatecarbs. I was slightly concerned about the "eat what you like" part of non fast days. Knowing me, I am capable of really overdoing the food, so I will bear what you have said in mind.

Today I am going to try and work my way through the comments on this section of the forum to see what other hints I can pick up.

Am nervous about my hunger levels today too! But I can, and wil,l go for it!

Good tip Lovetohatecarbs. I was slightly concerned about the "eat what you like" part of non fast days. Knowing me, I am capable of really overdoing the food, so I will bear what you have said in mind.

Today I am going to try and work my way through the comments on this section of the forum to see what other hints I can pick up.

Am nervous about my hunger levels today too! But I can, and wil,l go for it!

Hunger varies I think depending on mood and how busy you are. Fizzy water helps! Week two I fully embraced the 'not dieting for 5 days' ethos!!

Hi eveveryone I started the 5:2 diet yesterday & was pleasantly surmised with myself! I did struggle from when I got up until lunch time but found it started to fizzle out. I was drinking fizzy water too and found it helped ALOT!
i am not entirely sure what my fasting day calorie intake should be yet so I just did 500!

if anyone still reads this I would love to get chatting about what you eat on your fasting days and any tips for putting off the hunger pangs!

Hi I started Monday too! I just ate as late as i could and kept busy!! Quorn is really low in cals so had fillets for lunch and quorn chilli (no rice) for tea and snacked on 2 ryvitas and philly light. Done too much snacking today though :(

I think I will have to get some then!
I ate like there was no tomorrow! I am doing my 2nd day tomorrow and have planned out what I'm going to eat throughout the day. I just hope I can stick to it!

Also, I cannot find any fasting day diaries on here... Does anyone know where or how I can find some for some ideas? I've tried googling it too and am not really getting anywhere, there seems to be food diaries for every diet but this one! :(

I found quite a few when I was looking. Some weren't newspaper articles I think? I got a book too I could try to take some screen shots for you? I have bought some veg but not planned yet- nervous!!

That would be great thanks!

Unfortunately I didn't manage it today as I started to get blurred vision and could feel a migraine coming on so I had a sandwich. I get them quite often but in hoping I can get used to it and don't have them regularly. I'm very disappointed in myself :(

Don't be just do it another day and don't eat yourself up! I have just had my quorn and veg looked so dry so added some gravy....pushing the boat out ha ha ill try the screen shots now x

There are loads of pages would take forever. Really good book though so would recommend its by Kate Harrison. I also got a 5:2 diet meals for one kindle book

There are a few really good Facebook pages too , there's a closed group so you can talk to other people about 5:2 but its not all over your timeline. Some great menu ideas on there !! Xx

Back