Hey all LighterLifers!!

Lighterlifer

Silver Member
Hi to everyone! I'm new on the site today! Great thing I found this in the nick of time! I started on LighterLife this week (just finishing day 3!) Im finding it extremely HARD! I havn't cheated as of yet! But today I have longed for pasta and CHEESE the whole time!! HELP ME!!! Just wanted to know if this is going to get easier for me? Also if anyone has kept track of every week loss I would be very grateful if you could post!!
I have also exercised very lightly every day since I started. I try to keep my heart rate down and stay in fat burn only. Does anybody else exercise, if so any advice?? Thank you!! XXX:p

Welcome LighterLifer

Hi LighterLifer,

Welcome to MiniMins and well done on doing three days!

You should be in ketosis very shortly and this will help greatly as ketosis does reduce the feeling of hunger and you have a feeling of well being and this makes the diet so much easier.

In your first week you can expect to lose between 6 t0 10lbs. on average...depends if you were cutting down on your carbs before.

Love Mini xxx

The first week is very hard (or even the first couple of weeks until you get used to it), but, the food obsessions do dwindle.

They told you in the meeting you may need to white knuckle it until you get into ketosis (should be any time now, depends on how many carbs you had in your system before you started) but as you go for your pop in and see a loss, the thrill of losing will slowly take over the thoughts of eating.

In your Foundation book there are exercises, some of them revolve around a dyna band and an exercise ball which you will get in later weeks but some of them you can do straight away. I try to do some toning exercises each day.

Good luck and keep posting and reading on here for help and inspiration.

Wot they said... ^^^^^^ :D

I am on day 18 or 19 (see how it changes.. can't even remember what day I'm on these days!!! :eek: ). The first week was tough. These days I am feeling very good, very positive and happy. I do get quite strong food cravings on most days, but they're very manageable.. there's no way I would give in to them but they are annoying! I'm hoping this will also go away. The pop in on the first week kept me going.. I lost 8lbs in 3 days and that put paid to any ideas I had of eating!! :D Good luck and keep us updated. You're going to be lovely and slim really soon!

Hey guys! Thanks for replying! Thats given me some hope now! hehe! I have my first stop in tonight. I weighed myself this morning and have lost 5lbs so far! Fantastic! Your right it does keep me going!
Anywho I find my cravings are really stron at night time. I have no problem whatsoever until I reach around 8 oclock. I used to be a really bad night eater which is probably why it happens! Anywho fingers crossed! :p

I am not on LL but still know what you are going through. Good luck with your journey. You can do it. Take it one day at a time
Irene xx

HeLlO

Hi LL
im on day 23 of LL and lost 17lbs in my 1st 3 weeks.I found it hard until day 13 then my hunger went :D last night I had a hard evening wanted to eat but I thought whats the point and i got through it,how much would you like to lose ?
xxc :)

WOW! Your weight loss averages 7lbs per week! Great work! I have around 45-50lbs to lose. I currently weigh 12s 3lbs as of last Tuesday! Last christmas I weighed 9stone so you can see why Im on the diet! Do you find your clothes are a comfier fit yet? I think thats the best feeling, aside from the compliments of other people! Thanks for the reply!! X

Hi LighterL
I lost 9bls,5lbs then 3lbs so I hope its 3lbs + everyweek.I did Cd last year lost 2st 9 in 9 weeks then went out for work do moved house and ate and couldnt get back on track SO I regained it all plus 5lbs!!!!People probaly think I wouldnt let myself regain it all but I tried and tried for 8 months to do Cd again and again and I got to DAY 2 and couldnt do it ???? So I switched to LL as for 18 years I have yoyoed 22 1/2 stone in chucks of 3-4 stone off and on ,so Im hoping the LL counselling will teach me NOT to regain it again!I will see?? as Im only 37 and 18 years is a-long time to waste dieting when I could of kept it off the 1st time by healthy eating/exercising?Cd is great it works its just me and I know its worked for tons of people.
My clothes I have small ones from CD last year so Im starting to get back into those,but impatient to get into all of them :eek: lol.I feel better now not that horrid tiredness I had and my PMT has cleared up I had awful mood swings :eek:

You'll be fine by christmas you could have 2 1/2 stone off and we have the same amount to lose so stay on track and we'll crack this together with the help of the loveeeeeeeeely people here :D
((((hugs))))
xxc

Last edited:
Im really anxious about the diet!! The days seem to go soooo slow! I am exercising 5 times per week for about 40mins to an hour so hopefully I can push myself to lose 4lbs per week! The sooner the better! Having stick thin friends with long blonde hair is only a motivation for me! And soon I will be just like them!! hehe!! :rolleyes:

Do you know that it actually flies by realy, you will suddenly get to 25 days, then you hit 50 days and think god where has that gone. I can't tell you how quickly this has gone - I think I am somewhere around 125 days now but have lost count, it just flies by!

You will be there with your skinny friends in no time at all - I have read on here so many times that a VLCD is the closest thing to suddenly waking up slim and it is - it is an incredibly short time especially when you think how long it took you to put your weight on.

Im really anxious about the diet!! The days seem to go soooo slow! I am exercising 5 times per week for about 40mins to an hour so hopefully I can push myself to lose 4lbs per week! The sooner the better! Having stick thin friends with long blonde hair is only a motivation for me! And soon I will be just like them!! hehe!! :rolleyes:

hI TRY NOT TO OVER EXERCISE i DONT THINK IT WILL MAKE IT GO ANY QUICKER AS SOMEONE HERE SAID AS WE ARE ONLY INTAKING 500CALS A DAY WE CAN LOSE MUSCLE MASS IF WE EXERCISE TOO MUCH???THINK THERES A POST HERE SOMEWHERE,TRY AND REMEMBER THAT YOU NEED TO KEEP IT OF AS YOU DONT WANT TO BE A YOYOER LIKE ME GET THE WEIGHT OFF THEN TRY AND DO MAINTANCE,YES YOUR BE LIKE YOUR FRIENDS VERY QUICKLY
XXC

I don't do much cardio. I asked my counsellor about it before I started and she said to make sure you only do fat burn! No cardio or weights! The only thing I do is walk on the treamill and I may change a few days to a swim! I keep my heart rate down and never sweat or get puffed out! I think it just makes me feel abit better a sleep a little easier plus I enjoy it! hehe! I want to stick the habit of going so that when I go into maintenance I can work out properly and hopefully get abit fitter?? Imight be jumping ahead here tho!!:confused:

I don't do much cardio. I asked my counsellor about it before I started and she said to make sure you only do fat burn! No cardio or weights! The only thing I do is walk on the treamill and I may change a few days to a swim! I keep my heart rate down and never sweat or get puffed out! I think it just makes me feel abit better a sleep a little easier plus I enjoy it! hehe! I want to stick the habit of going so that when I go into maintenance I can work out properly and hopefully get abit fitter?? Imight be jumping ahead here tho!!:confused:

no well done you,your be flying the lbs off real soon,do you have your own treadmill?or visit the gym???
xxc:confused:

I go to the gym with my boyriend! We joined a few months ago to give eachother support so I guess it's keeping me motivated! The thing is, most of the time he is lifting weights or running because he is SUPER FIT compared to me hehe! He has even started cutting out junk food alot tohelp me! (but even when he gets a soup it's smells sooo much nicer than mine!!) XX:eek:

I go to the gym with my boyriend! We joined a few months ago to give eachother support so I guess it's keeping me motivated! The thing is, most of the time he is lifting weights or running because he is SUPER FIT compared to me hehe! He has even started cutting out junk food alot tohelp me! (but even when he gets a soup it's smells sooo much nicer than mine!!) XX:eek:

ahhhhhhh bless him thats fantastic support.
I have 3 children and a skinny OH who leans on me eating junk in the evening and I have to cook 6 days a week :eek: so feel proud your boyfriend is behind you 100%
xxc

Oh no! I don't know how you manage to cook! I don't think I could do it! Well every time my boyfriend eats, I give his meal a smell, I've got it in my head that if I learn to RESIST temptation now, then I can do it on my own :p

Dear LighterLifer,
I have been on LL for 14 weeks now and have lost 40lbs so far. It`s worth the hunger and the longings you get at first. But believe me they wear off, especially when you look in the mirror and see the `new` you. Sometimes I hardly recognise myself, and I have been about the slowest loser in my group but it`s something I`ve come to terms with. I`m going to lose one more stone and see how I feel and how I look. Try your best not to cheat, because one thing follows another, so to speak. Oh - and good luck!
I used to weigh: 14st 1lb
Now weigh: 11st 4lbs

Hi there! I'm on LL day 31 and my losses have been 11,4,5,4 or 24 pounds in 4 weeks, I'm hoping for another 4 pounds this week to make my 2 stone! Hopefully you are starting to feel a bit better today as the ketosis kicks in, then you'll wonder where all this energy is coming from!!

Stick to your packs, drink your water and the time'll fly, you wait!!

Vikki.

Hey guys thanks for replying! Im in two mids about sticking to the diet or not! Last night I ate a pickle!(JUST ONE!) But I felt sooo guilty afterwards. I weighed myself this morning and this is the only day of the first week that not even half a pound has came off! Im so dissapointed, and I can't see myself sticking to the diet if I only average out around 2lbs per week, (as I can do this on a normal diet with food!) Im not feeling hungry but I dont know if the diet is useful for someone of my start weight?? (12s 3lbs) Any advice>? X

Back