Hey everyone I'm new

FFab

Hi all hope you are well

I have decided I need to take control of my weight again since I put on over stone after my first contraceptive injection in september and now have become unhappy with my body and don't want to be 13st3. The good news is in the last 3 months between injections I have not put on anymore weight I have remained the same.

Unfortunately dieting and exercise are not the easiest things to do in my situation as I have been ill since may and the doctors believe it is ME/chronic fatigue syndrome so I spend a lot of time asleep or unable to move and get tired very easily. Which impacts on eating because I struggle to cook fresh meals due to my lack of energy (somedays I can though).

Due to the illness I'm currently constantly having to try lots of different medications which is not helping the situation as the tablets I am currently taking have a main side effect of weight gain :sigh: my medication is generally changed every month so I think my body is a bit confused.

Another obstacle is also my partner as he is tall and very slim and can eat mountains of junk food (which is mainly all he likes) and not put on any weight. He also doesn't cook so can't help when it comes to that. He likes me how I am and isn't fussed about me losing weight but doesn't understand what its like to battle with weight issues all your life and therefore isn't very supportive.

So I have decided I need at least some form of support from people who understand and since I don't really leave the house, unless its my weekly visit to the doctors, because of my illness I can't join groups near me.

Obviously I mainly want to maintain a healthy diet because that will help with my illness but if anyone has any good low impact easy exercises I could do in my house to try out I would love to know about them.

For example I did 35mins on the wii fit the other day over a 3 hour period (I had long breaks in-between each task) and that was all I could really manage but the next day I wasn't too well again so couldn't do more.

So that's about the amount of physical activity I can manage.

I know there is no way i will lose weight quickly and it will take alot longer than normal. I'm happy with a loss kf 1/2lb a month

So if anyone has any advice or hints and tips that I could take on that would be great

Hi and welcome to the site, I have found everyone very friendly and helpful. There's a lot of people who don't exercise and seem to loose weight.

Jean

Thank you Jean

I feel I may need to do some easy exercise though to make up for the fact I'm practically housebound. I don't use up a lot of energy everyday as I dnt go anywhere and sleep a lot

Back