Hey guys and gals :)

minime12

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site so thought I would start my own diary to get me through my diet! I will apologise for the long winded first entry now!

I started LT last Monday but not had my first weigh in yet due to visiting my girlfriend who lives 4 hours away. I started out at 19st 9llbs and will be having my first WI on Saturday. My mum is also doing it so we are supporting one another.

The reason I chose LT is because I am sick of being in this state. I'm quite an active person and could never understand why I kept piling on the pounds, having one meal a day apparently does that to you! I want to get as much off as possible by July as this is when I graduate from uni. I also want to piss my cheating ex off.... So you could say I have quite a lot of motivation!

Over the past 5 years I have been in and out of hospital starting with one problem which then lead on to a number of other problems. During this time I was also part of a long term (and what I thought, happy) relationship. My weight just kept increasing due to stress plus my ex never wanted me to lose weight...wonder why! Anyway I was cheated on and lost a lot of weight due to not eating and general heart break. After almost a year I met my current gf and couldn't be happier, but with happiness came the food! My weight ballooned up to the biggest I've ever been so now is the time to get it shifted again.

Basically I need to change my attitude towards food, I love food but think I need to retrain my brain that little and often would be best suited to me. My hope is that by the end of LT I will be reconditioned enough to keep losing on a healthy eating plan.

Today has been sooo tough which is weird as yesterday I was completely fine watching my gf's little niece chow down on a KFC. Yet today, in my own company, I'm struggling. I'm going to down some more water and get my soup sorted, hopefully this will help!

Anyway I look forward to my first weigh in, think I need it to give me that extra boost! X

Day 10...

Yesterday was very difficult but I called my mum to see how she was doing on LT and turns out she was in the same slump as me! We had a pep talk and got through it 100% ?

New day today and I have more energy, bit of a head ache through teeth grinding in my sleep but nothing a paracetamol won't fix.

Good luck everyone for today, here's to slimmer versions of ourselves! X

Keep it going - it DOES get easier. It's also a bonus that you have your mom to chat to. There are always days when we get a bit down or disheartened but just think of your goals. Write them down if that helps. A little bit of determination in the tough times will make the majority of this diet a breeze, especially later on.

How long are you planning on dieting for? Mine was a relatively short term of three months and that has been good for me as the finishing post hasn't been too far away and I've lost a little over three stone in that time. There are people on the forum that have lost a lot more than I have and they are / have done tremendously well. So if you are planning on doing it for quite a while you might want to check out some of those threads to see how they've approached it.

I think it will be the case with the majority of us that we will have to approach food differently once we have reached our goals and we will all do this in our own ways. I have to say that I now struggle to tell what food my wife is eating. My smell is now so acute the I can smell the individual ingredients in her food but I struggle to put them all together. It's actually a bit of a game I play now where I try and guess the meal from the smells. I'm hoping this hads transferred to my tastebuds too and that I'll be hapier to eat the healthier foods that I would just ignore before my diet. I certainly don't want to pile the pounds back on and what I eat will be a lot more considered from now on.

:girlpower: (oops! LOL)

Hey MrC, thanks for replying!

I'm planning on doing it for 3 months and then refeeding for my graduation. Hopefully after this I can lose the weight via a better diet and more exercise. It sounds weird but of all the food out there I am actually craving salad!

Today has been good though, more positive than yesterday and ready for tomorrow x

The three months will fly by. I'm actually in no great rush to get off the diet after 11 weeks but I have to have an end point somewhere and two weeks from now is that time. Then its the refeed which I'm wary of and looking forward to at the same time.

The salad thing isn't actually that unbelievable. Some years ago I did my own diet based very loosely around the Atkins and once a week I had a bit of chinese leaf, some Atkins friendly ceasar dressing, bacon bits and a sprinkle of cheese. It was like mana from heaven and sent me into raptures even though I've never really been a fruit 'n' veg fan.

Our food cravings are just something to look forward to and you just know it'll be worth the wait when you get there. I actually fancy a bit of salad too but theres a donner kebab attached to mine! :D

Good luck with the rest of this week and here's hoping to some good weight loss figures at weigh-in. :)

Hi Minime12, fab fab fab!:party0019:

Keep it up!

Thanks everyone!! I'm now on day 15, been having a tough couple of days. I felt weak and dizzy yesterday but I am putting it down to a combination of the diet and more likely stress at finishing my dissertation on time!

Anyway, for a bit of motivation I measured my waist, hips, thighs and top of arms to see if I'd lost anything from 2 weeks ago, I am now...

-2.5 inches off my waist
-2 inches off my hips
-1.5 inches left thigh
-2 inches right thigh
-1.5 inches top of left arm
-2 inches top of right arm.

I need every bit of motivation I can get right now and that has been grand news for me!!

Back