Hey Guys & Gals...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by goolian, 7 July 2008 Social URL.

1. goolian

goolian Fab & Fit For Florida

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey... haven't really been around for a few days...

hope everyone is keeping ok...

me and OH have dawned on a plan, we fancy going to teach abroad but i don't really know where to look...

does anyone know anyone who has done this for like a year or so and where did they look for the jobs? xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Without wishing to sound silly, but are you teachers now? If not you can do a TEFL certificate - Teach English as a Foreign Language. You can then search for an agency wanting to employ TEFL qualified people overseas?

Otherwise Im not sure I am afraid. Have you tried Googling "overseas teaching opportunities" or "teach abroad" or something? sorry bit crap at this!!!

4. goolian

goolian Fab & Fit For Florida

Diet:
    Slimming World
    OH is qualified teacher, i'm not, how long would it take to do TEFL?

5. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    One of my mums friends worked in Abu dabi (don't know if that's spelt right) for about 10 years then went to China for 3 years. She's back in the UK to stay just now because one of her daughters is ill with ME but she would spend the rest of her career teaching abroad if she could.
    Not sure where she found the jobs but when my mum get back from her holiday on Thursday I'll ask her for you.
    I'd say go for it girl if it's something you're both passionate about, you only live once!:D

6. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
  7. abz

abz Gold Member

you don't always have to do a tefl. it's best to, but some agencies will train you wherever you decide to go. good luck :)

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.